Author Topic: Celtics (34-25) at Nets (22-39) 4/14  (Read 53129 times)

Re: Celtics (34-25) at Nets (22-39) 4/14
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2012, 08:46:59 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
look at bradley..they guy most hated....played him..and look at him now....sooo..play JJJ.....and play him even if he messes up a little...then pass to him..play him with rondo and kg..not scrub time...you'll see..!
has played JJJ....he sucks and isnt ready to play in the league yet.
Well, maybe not you..but that is what 80% here said about bradley and steamer......

Bradley wasn't ready to play in the league last year, and Steamer's been pretty solid ever since he's been here.
Bradley started off the same..it wasn't until doc played him more and more that he turned the corner....his D was the same as last year......he just finally got game confidence....i always liked brad's game, and loved the steamer...!

maybe we can talk after jjj plays overseas and in the d-league, then. That was a big part of Stiemer and LAb's development.
Well..there isn't much we can do about this..because he doesn't play..and hasn't.....so no one has enough data points to add up to a fair decision.....still, i think for team safety, we should have either hollis or jjj played in...as a "ready" backup...we onlt have kg and steam in that catagory now for a BIG playoff run....that isn't enough in my book. Especialyy when they are already HERE..!!!

« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2012, 08:47:10 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 112
Man we have got to get Green on this team next year.

him and Greg Oden

I'll pass on Oden unless its for the Vet Minimum.
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]

« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2012, 08:47:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Gerald Green's time in Boston has come and gone. Let's leave it at that.

« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2012, 08:47:43 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Better energy than last night but this game will require some more.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2012, 08:48:05 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
look at bradley..they guy most hated....played him..and look at him now....sooo..play JJJ.....and play him even if he messes up a little...then pass to him..play him with rondo and kg..not scrub time...you'll see..!
Well, maybe not you..but that is what 80% here said about bradley and steamer......

Bradley wasn't ready to play in the league last year, and Steamer's been pretty solid ever since he's been here.
Bradley started off the same..it wasn't until doc played him more and more that he turned the corner....his D was the same as last year......he just finally got game confidence....i always liked brad's game, and loved the steamer...!

maybe we can talk after jjj plays overseas and in the d-league, then. That was a big part of Stiemer and LAb's development.
Well..there isn't much we can do about this..because he doesn't play..and hasn't.....so no one has enough data points to add up to a fair decision.....still, i think for team safety, we should have either hollis or jjj played in...as a "ready" backup...we onlt have kg and steam in that catagory now for a BIG playoff run....that isn't enough in my book. Especialyy when they are already HERE..!!!

In the games hes played, hes sucked, thats why Doc no longer plays him. That combined with the fact that he shortened the roation to his playoff rotation means that the only guys that get any minutes will be players that he trusts in the playoffs.

JJJ may be a bright talent in the future, but this aint the future its the present, lets compete for one last title and then next year if Danny chooses to rebuild and the team is the worst team in the east, we can see what JJJ has to offer.

« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2012, 08:48:30 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
bot ellsbury could NEVER play hoop for us...those guys are sooooo soft....one guy falls on him and he is out...rondo....guys fall on him 10x a night....baseball players are made out of paper..!

« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2012, 08:49:21 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
oh i would play hollis also....we'll be needing him vs the lakers and orlando..or any big center team...fouls....( injuries) never know......

injuries like breaking Wade's face in.
hahahhaah, NOW you're talking....I'd love to see someone do that...i hate wade.....he seems to have lost the ref's love..and because of that his magic cape too.....miami is really not great without major REF support..! Making them PITIFUL...!

I haven't forgotten when he jiu jitsu'd Rondo

« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2012, 08:51:33 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

his best year prior to this year was with the Celtics. I wouldn't mind bringing him back on reasonable contract.

« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2012, 08:51:39 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......

In the games hes played, hes sucked, thats why Doc no longer plays him. That combined with the fact that he shortened the roation to his playoff rotation means that the only guys that get any minutes will be players that he trusts in the playoffs.
Well, opinion....not fact...rookies usually always "suck" till the team accepts them, they get confidence from the team AND coach....then they turn the corner...his shooting is his key in.....think about the idea of only 2 playing 7 footers....steam gets a lot of fouls....not really his fault...but.....shortening the roster is when you can....and not having any back up is just dumb.

« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2012, 08:53:30 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Man we have got to get Green on this team next year.

him and Greg Oden

I'll pass on Oden unless its for the Vet Minimum.

It will need some bravery for a GM to get Oden to play for his team.

« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2012, 08:53:45 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
oh i would play hollis also....we'll be needing him vs the lakers and orlando..or any big center team...fouls....( injuries) never know......

injuries like breaking Wade's face in.
hahahhaah, NOW you're talking....I'd love to see someone do that...i hate wade.....he seems to have lost the ref's love..and because of that his magic cape too.....miami is really not great without major REF support..! Making them PITIFUL...!

I haven't forgotten when he jiu jitsu'd Rondo
Ya, me neither..then the 2nd game back rondo had that bangage on his face too...sorta like metta world hacker did also...i don't forget things like that....wade is just reduced to hacking those he cannot cover.....only scrubs hack....

« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2012, 08:54:17 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton

Well, opinion....not fact...rookies usually always "suck" till the team accepts them, they get confidence from the team AND coach....then they turn the corner...his shooting is his key in.....think about the idea of only 2 playing 7 footers....steam gets a lot of fouls....not really his fault...but.....shortening the roster is when you can....and not having any back up is just dumb.

What do you mean by having no Back-up? We have Steamer and Hollins as our two backup bigs.

It seems that you just really like JJJ and want him to play and I can understand that, but if you were Doc and your team was old and competing for its last title, would you say "hey, instead of playing the normal roation, im gonna play JJJ and we might lose the game but its good for his experience?"

Id rather just play proven guys and develop JJJ in the future.

« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2012, 08:54:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

his best year prior to this year was with the Celtics. I wouldn't mind bringing him back on reasonable contract.
I'm guessing Danny and Doc don't feel the same. He was and might still be a fairly un-bright person. He has offensive talent and gives no effort on defense.

That is not the type of makeup that Danny and Doc will work with.

« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2012, 08:54:46 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
ya, oden is sorta like a shaq risk.....i don't think oden would last 1/2 of a season...too bad too...!

« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2012, 08:57:13 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

What do you mean by having no Back-up? We have Steamer and Hollins as our two backup bigs.

It seems that you just really like JJJ and want him to play and I can understand that, but if you were Doc and your team was old and competing for its last title, would you say "hey, instead of playing the normal roation, im gonna play JJJ and we might lose the game but its good for his experience?"

Id rather just play proven guys and develop JJJ in the future.

Hollins is far from a proven player, though.