Author Topic: Wilson Chandler suspended 25 games for PED  (Read 1763 times)

Wilson Chandler suspended 25 games for PED
« on: August 29, 2019, 12:21:58 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1167100116085485568?s=19

From Woj:

"Brooklyn Nets forward Wilson Chandler is facing a 25 game suspension for testing positive for PED use, league sources tell ESPN. The NBA is expected to make an announcement later today."

Re: Wilson Chandler suspended 25 games for PED
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 12:35:25 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
My understanding is that the NBA drug testing is remarkably easy to game. I know there have been articles about this.

I also know there are players in the league who I'd be shocked to learn weren't using.

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 12:38:11 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
My understanding is that the NBA drug testing is remarkably easy to game. I know there have been articles about this.

I also know there are players in the league who I'd be shocked to learn weren't using.

Cough, cough, LeBron, cough, cough....

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 01:35:54 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Wonder if Brooklyn just cuts him loose at this point.  He's only on a vet minimum one year deal, they have a full roster of 15 guys + a two way + an exhibit 10.  Durant's already out for the year.  Now they'll be missing another forward for almost the first third of their season.

I guess it depends if there's anybody else out there they'd rather have, or if their exhibit 10 guy (Deng Adel, also a SF) really shines in camp, or if they have any injuries in camp, but with a minimum vet contract (that the NBA subsidizes) and the league suspension which he doesn't get paid for, Brooklyn doesn't owe him much in "NBA" dollars.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 05:33:31 PM »

Offline Gasur Na hEireann

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
Very minor punishment for the infringement. 25 games is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

On a separate note I can't get over the crazy low level of individuals caught using PEDs in professional sport. With the money involved i'd imagine most athletes who depend on it for a living will take something over the course of their career to make sure they get paid.

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 04:04:32 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Another fringe player busted (Jodie Meeks last year).