Author Topic: I hate Jimmy Butler - (video dissing Boston)  (Read 3963 times)

Re: I hate Jimmy Butler - (video dissing Boston)
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2024, 10:27:26 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Here is another funny one from Riley about Haslem.

"Riley doesn't agree with Haslem's comment that Herro is better off the bench and team is better off that way. "He's a starter," Riley said. Riley reiterated that Haslem works for Heat "and probably should have kept that to himself) and not said that on ESPN."

I remember when someone was trying to argue that Haslem could say his nonsense about Bill Russell and it was not a reflection on the heat. Riley clearly does not agree with that as his boss...
Um, that was Haslem talking about a current player on the Heat not someone long since retired. No where near the same thing.

This is one of your dumber posts man. “He is an employee of the heat and his comments should reflect that.” It’s the same thing whether he is discussing a current heat player or discrediting an ambassador to the game that you know Riley respects. Do better I know you understand the concept.
and yet you don't understand nuance at all. Commenting about current players of the team that employs you is no where near the same thing as commenting about a long retired ambassador of the sport that never was a part of your franchise. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2024, 10:32:51 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

"Riley doesn't agree with Haslem's comment that Herro is better off the bench and team is better off that way. "He's a starter," Riley said. Riley reiterated that Haslem works for Heat "and probably should have kept that to himself) and not said that on ESPN."

I remember when someone was trying to argue that Haslem could say his nonsense about Bill Russell and it was not a reflection on the heat. Riley clearly does not agree with that as his boss...
Um, that was Haslem talking about a current player on the Heat not someone long since retired. No where near the same thing.

This is one of your dumber posts man. “He is an employee of the heat and his comments should reflect that.” It’s the same thing whether he is discussing a current heat player or discrediting an ambassador to the game that you know Riley respects. Do better I know you understand the concept.
and yet you don't understand nuance at all. Commenting about current players of the team that employs you is no where near the same thing as commenting about a long retired ambassador of the sport that never was a part of your franchise.

I think there is little doubt Riley would prefer haslem kept his mouth shut with the media whether it is a fellow player or a guy the league retired the jersey number for. Both bring negative attention with no upside. There isn’t a lot of nuance here. You are just doing a brutal contrarian take when there really isn’t one.

Heck even haslem has since apologized to Russel’s family and spoken on his respect for what Russell did for black men. (wouldn’t be surprised if Riley encouraged it.) he still dissed Celtics which I don’t think anyone cares about. https://sports.yahoo.com/miami-heat-lifer-udonis-haslem-170736285.html

You’re literally embarrassing your self with this take at this point. Take the L and move on.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 10:38:00 AM by celticsclay »

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2024, 11:04:06 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1557

I think there is little doubt Riley would prefer haslem kept his mouth shut with the media whether it is a fellow player or a guy the league retired the jersey number for. Both bring negative attention with no upside. There isn’t a lot of nuance here. You are just doing a brutal contrarian take when there really isn’t one.

Heck even haslem has since apologized to Russel’s family and spoken on his respect for what Russell did for black men. (wouldn’t be surprised if Riley encouraged it.) he still dissed Celtics which I don’t think anyone cares about. https://sports.yahoo.com/miami-heat-lifer-udonis-haslem-170736285.html

You’re literally embarrassing your self with this take at this point. Take the L and move on.
I'm sure the Heat don't want their employees bringing any negative attention on the team, but Riley didn't publicly admonish Haslem when he said things about Russell because it wasn't team business.  This is team business, hence the public reprimand.  There is simply a difference between team business and not team business that you are failing to recognize. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2024, 11:17:26 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

I'm sure the Heat don't want their employees bringing any negative attention on the team, but Riley didn't publicly admonish Haslem when he said things about Russell because it wasn't team business.  This is team business, hence the public reprimand.  There is simply a difference between team business and not team business that you are failing to recognize.

He didn’t say anything because he was not having an end of season press conference at the time where he was discussing these things lol. Like I said, have a little dignity and just walk away on this one. It’s a dumb take.