Author Topic: Woj: Knicks want Josh Jackson for Porzingis  (Read 34912 times)

Re: Woj: Knicks want Josh Jackson for Porzingis
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2017, 09:04:10 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Does Porzingis make sense to start with Horford? Seems like Zizic's game will be a better complement. The banger down low to face the Thompsons and the Zazas. Obviously Porzingis superior to Zizic. Just wondering about fit with Al.

Yes.   Two big men that can pass and shoot stretching the floor.   

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2017, 09:06:21 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
If  Phil would take #4 and Booker, and 3>4, then Danny needs to add something slightly LESS than Booker's value to meet Phils desired value.

So what is slightly less valuable than Booker? Bradley or Crowder, plus a late first? It's not the BKN 18 - that is worth more than Booker. I think the LAL/SAC pick is also worth more, but maybe others here disagree.

Ainge has a host assets he can move without cleaning out the cupboard. But I am not sure Phil really intends to trade Porzinger.

We will know later today.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2017, 09:07:45 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I like KP a lot, how can you not? ;) But I'm worried about his foot speed and being such a big dude injuries worry me. Anyone else have these concerns?

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2017, 09:08:05 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
A deal would have been done by now .... Knicks gladly take jackson or ball over Porzingis

But Danny has no plans to trade the pick... Unless he gets back extra (like 8th pick for Smith Jr or Isaac is my guess).  Or he wants to really draft either Tatum or Jackson.  Lots of teams sound like they want Jackson

I think it's more about Phil ensuring nothing silly happens and JJ is still available at three.   If I were him, I'd want to wait until draft night as well, just in case.   

But this is a deal we HAVE to do, even for Crowder, #3 and the BKL18. 

KP is a skill player, not a paint-banger, so I don't think the injury concern is warranted.   Honestly he's the big we've needed.  Can you imagine the defensive nightmare his length will cause once he acclimates to Brad's system? 

And the 3pt shooting.  OMG do we badly need his 3pt shooting in the starting lineup. 

You add he and Hayward?  That's a 60 win team, perennially.
Giving up Brk 18 would be complete stupidity. Porzingis isn't the special kind of talent to warrant that.
Well clearly you don't like KP since you don't think he has special talent and you think he's an injury risk.  Though I agree DA won't give up the BKN 18, that doesn't mean the deal won't get done.

I personally think Phil Jackson will cave right after the Lakers pick Ball.  He is way out of his league in the GM world and feels the NYC pressure to "do something" or lose his job (which may lose no matter what).

Crowder+#3 for KP+#8.  Then pick up Markkenen or Collins with the #8, whoever falls.

Now THAT'S a Danny offer if I ever saw one...not sure if Phil bites or not, but that's about the most I would give up for KP if he has any kind of back/knee issues. 

What a fun day this will be...well, to Danny I guess...the rest of us are going crazy with expectation!  ;D

Rak
He won't as he pretends to negotiate (Phil knows squat about how to REALLY negotiate, such a bad GM).  He will take #8 off the table and offers O'Quinn instead, and I hope Danny makes the deal anyway.
you guys are crazy.  3 and Crowder is no where near enough for Porzingis and you think the Knicks are going to add in more.

Completely disagree. 3 is more valuable than Porzingis by itself. especially as PJax is sold on Jackson. Crowder is not enough to justify them adding in the 8th pick though, we would have to send a pick back in return, probably something like the Mem 19.

GMs (especially inexperienced ones) love to make their own selections. They fall in love with the potential of a player and overpay to get them.
Several highly regarded NBA writers have said that without question if Porzingis was in this draft he would be the 1st pick.  There would be no hesitation at all from any of the top teams, even the Sixers that are loaded at the 4/5.  Thus, the 1st pick alone would not be enough to land Porzingis, and Boston doesn't even have the 1st pick anymore.  It will take a top 5 pick and at least one other very high value asset i.e. another top 5 pick or a potential young star (like Booker) for the Knicks to move Porzingis or to even consider moving Porzingis.  Boston will need to offer 3 and at least Brown or the LA or BKN pick for the Knicks to consider making a move.  Now if Boston were to take back Noah that would alter the value associated with Porzingis, but Boston wouldn't do that.

Yes. But he has injury issues already early on in his career. Is a poor rebounder for his height

Avoiding the exit meeting is a redflag also

Who is to say he wont pull this on Danny one of these days

Skip on him

I think it's tough to ever really see a 73 player like him, not have concerning injury issues... That is the risk you take on someone like him, especially because in the right system. he's a franchise altering big... You gotta shoot for the fences. Unless you really believe Jackson/Tatum is better.

And he ain't pulling the exit meeting on us.. Ainge isn't throwing Isaiah Thomas under the bus, and demanding to trade him or Horford every day lol.
Does Porzingis make sense to start with Horford? Seems like Zizic's game will be a better complement. The banger down low to face the Thompsons and the Zazas. Obviously Porzingis superior to Zizic. Just wondering about fit with Al.

Horford is bulky enough to take on tougher defensive assignments like Howard, Gasol, etc. KP is quick enough to help switch, and guard the perimeter. Two bigs that can pass, shoot, block, and be a team player.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2017, 09:11:56 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Just read this...

Adrian Wojnarowski  ✔@WojVerticalNBA
Sources: So far, Knicks and Suns are without traction on a Kristaps Porzingis trade. Knicks will not get Devin Booker as part of any deal.
1:40 AM - 22 Jun 2
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2017, 09:14:43 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I think Danny does the deal if it's #3, LAL/SAC 1st and Jae for KP and NY #8 this year. He may throw in the C's pick in 2019 or the LAC pick.
We'll still have the Brooklyn pick and #8 to pick up Dennis Smith or BPA.

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2017, 09:15:52 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Just read this...

Sources: So far, Knicks and Suns are without traction on a Kristaps Porzingis trade. Knicks will not get Devin Booker as part of any deal.

Sounds like Danny is not interested

If danny skips on JJ

Phil will take chriss and #4 for kp

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2017, 09:16:49 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Just read this...

If danny skips on tatum

Jackson will take chriss and #4 for ****zigis

Or the Celtics are not leaking the information. 

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2017, 09:17:39 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I think Danny does the deal if it's #3, LAL/SAC 1st and Jae for KP and NY #8 this year. He may throw in the C's pick in 2019 or the LAC pick.

You guys NEED to stop putting the #8 in your trade talks.

Why in gods name would Jackson trade KP+ #8? He's looking to replace Lauri Markkanen as his KP's replacement if he were to trade for him.

2017 NBA Draft: Knicks may trade Kristaps Porzingis, select Lauri Markkanen to replace him, per report
The Knicks may draft Markkanen with the No. 8 pick if they decide to move on from Porzingis

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball/2017/6/21/15842380/2017-nba-draft-knicks-trade-kristaps-porzingis-lauri-markkanen-replacement-mock-arizona-wildcats
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2017, 09:19:42 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

You guys NEED to stop putting the #8 in your trade talks.

Why in gods name would Jackson trade KP+ #8? He's looking to replace Lauri Markkanen as his KP's replacement if he were to trade for him.

Agreed. 

I think Ainge needs to find another team who wants AB or Smart for a 1st round pick this year to add to the package.   It also get the Celtics cap low enough to go after the top FA.  (who are more likely to come after such a trade)

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2017, 09:28:00 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
A deal would have been done by now .... Knicks gladly take jackson or ball over Porzingis

But Danny has no plans to trade the pick... Unless he gets back extra (like 8th pick for Smith Jr or Isaac is my guess).  Or he wants to really draft either Tatum or Jackson.  Lots of teams sound like they want Jackson

I think it's more about Phil ensuring nothing silly happens and JJ is still available at three.   If I were him, I'd want to wait until draft night as well, just in case.   

KP is a skill player, not a paint-banger, so I don't think the injury concern is warranted.   Honestly he's the big we've needed.  Can you imagine the defensive nightmare his length will cause once he acclimates to Brad's system? 

And the 3pt shooting.  OMG do we badly need his 3pt shooting in the starting lineup. 

Giving up Brk 18 would be complete stupidity. Porzingis isn't the special kind of talent to warrant that.
Well clearly you don't like KP since you don't think he has special talent and you think he's an injury risk.  Though I agree DA won't give up the BKN 18, that doesn't mean the deal won't get done.

I personally think Phil Jackson will cave right after the Lakers pick Ball.  He is way out of his league in the GM world and feels the NYC pressure to "do something" or lose his job (which may lose no matter what).

Crowder+#3 for KP+#8.  Then pick up Markkenen or Collins with the #8, whoever falls.

Now THAT'S a Danny offer if I ever saw one...not sure if Phil bites or not, but that's about the most I would give up for KP if he has any kind of back/knee issues. 

What a fun day this will be...well, to Danny I guess...the rest of us are going crazy with expectation!  ;D

Rak
He won't as he pretends to negotiate (Phil knows squat about how to REALLY negotiate, such a bad GM).  He will take #8 off the table and offers O'Quinn instead, and I hope Danny makes the deal anyway.
you guys are crazy.  3 and Crowder is no where near enough for Porzingis and you think the Knicks are going to add in more.

Completely disagree. 3 is more valuable than Porzingis by itself. especially as PJax is sold on Jackson. Crowder is not enough to justify them adding in the 8th pick though, we would have to send a pick back in return, probably something like the Mem 19.

GMs (especially inexperienced ones) love to make their own selections. They fall in love with the potential of a player and overpay to get them.
Several highly regarded NBA writers have said that without question if Porzingis was in this draft he would be the 1st pick.  There would be no hesitation at all from any of the top teams, even the Sixers that are loaded at the 4/5.  Thus, the 1st pick alone would not be enough to land Porzingis, and Boston doesn't even have the 1st pick anymore.  It will take a top 5 pick and at least one other very high value asset i.e. another top 5 pick or a potential young star (like Booker) for the Knicks to move Porzingis or to even consider moving Porzingis.  Boston will need to offer 3 and at least Brown or the LA or BKN pick for the Knicks to consider making a move.  Now if Boston were to take back Noah that would alter the value associated with Porzingis, but Boston wouldn't do that.
NBA writers are also saying that the top 3 guys in next years draft would be #1 in this draft and that Fultz is a lock to be a superstar... Everything they write is conflicting, if you want an opinion to support something it's easy to find.
Philly passed on Porzingis when they could have drafted him so I don't buy that they would move the #1 pick for him two years later.
I think you are severely overrating his trade value, he is not Anthony Davis or KAT. The noises coming out of New York are that they rate Jackson more highly than Porzingis.
#3, Brown and a future high lottery pick, who has been traded for that kind of haul? Hall of famers don't even get that kind of haul (PP+KG trade was not meant to be this good).

Whenever Porzingis is traded, and he will get traded, it looks like you are going to be extremely surprised at the price tag.

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2017, 09:28:46 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Just read this...

If danny skips on JJ

Phil will take chriss and #4 for kp

It doesn't say anything there about the Celtics not being interested

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2017, 09:29:03 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Factor in potential Porzingis trades: Knicks think KP would have been 1st overall in draft this year & next & want picks reflecting that.

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/877879447487205377

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2017, 09:30:57 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Factor in potential Porzingis trades: Knicks think KP would have been 1st overall in draft this year & next & want picks reflecting that.

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/877879447487205377

Well, he's right.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2017, 09:34:26 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Rak

NBA writers are also saying that the top 3 guys in next years draft would be #1 in this draft and that Fultz is a lock to be a superstar... Everything they write is conflicting, if you want an opinion to support something it's easy to find.
Philly passed on Porzingis when they could have drafted him so I don't buy that they would move the #1 pick for him two years later.
I think you are severely overrating his trade value, he is not Anthony Davis or KAT. The noises coming out of New York are that they rate Jackson more highly than Porzingis.
#3, Brown and a future high lottery pick, who has been traded for that kind of haul? Hall of famers don't even get that kind of haul (PP+KG trade was not meant to be this good).

Whenever Porzingis is traded, and he will get traded, it looks like you are going to be extremely surprised at the price tag.
I never said 3, Brown, and a future lottery pick.  I said 3 and Brown or 3 and the future lottery pick i.e. 2 high level assets.   And we all know this is the asking price because they asked for 4 and Booker from the Suns.  Booker is thought of very highly (more highly than Brown as an example). 

Anthony Davis or KAT are on a much higher level and might very well require all of Boston's lottery picks (i.e. 3, BKN, and LA) plus additional assets. 

You are severely underrating what it would take to acquire a player like Porzingis who is just 2 years into his career if you think 3 and a role player like Crowder is going to get it done.  That isn't worth NY even picking up the phone, no matter how much they like Jackson (who could just flame out and be nothing).  To trade the sure thing for the unknown, you better get something tangible back. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip