Author Topic: Woj: Knicks want Josh Jackson for Porzingis  (Read 34935 times)

Re: Woj: Knicks want Josh Jackson for Porzingis
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2017, 08:15:55 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
A deal would have been done by now .... Knicks gladly take jackson or ball over Porzingis

But Danny has no plans to trade the pick... Unless he gets back extra (like 8th pick for Smith Jr or Isaac is my guess).  Or he wants to really draft either Tatum or Jackson.  Lots of teams sound like they want Jackson

I think it's more about Phil ensuring nothing silly happens and JJ is still available at three.   If I were him, I'd want to wait until draft night as well, just in case.   

But this is a deal we HAVE to do, even for Crowder, #3 and the BKL18. 

KP is a skill player, not a paint-banger, so I don't think the injury concern is warranted.   Honestly he's the big we've needed.  Can you imagine the defensive nightmare his length will cause once he acclimates to Brad's system? 

And the 3pt shooting.  OMG do we badly need his 3pt shooting in the starting lineup. 

You add he and Hayward?  That's a 60 win team, perennially.
Giving up Brk 18 would be complete stupidity. Porzingis isn't the special kind of talent to warrant that.
Well clearly you don't like KP since you don't think he has special talent and you think he's an injury risk.  Though I agree DA won't give up the BKN 18, that doesn't mean the deal won't get done.

I personally think Phil Jackson will cave right after the Lakers pick Ball.  He is way out of his league in the GM world and feels the NYC pressure to "do something" or lose his job (which may lose no matter what).

Crowder+#3 for KP+#8.  Then pick up Markkenen or Collins with the #8, whoever falls.

Now THAT'S a Danny offer if I ever saw one...not sure if Phil bites or not, but that's about the most I would give up for KP if he has any kind of back/knee issues. 

What a fun day this will be...well, to Danny I guess...the rest of us are going crazy with expectation!  ;D

Rak
He won't as he pretends to negotiate (Phil knows squat about how to REALLY negotiate, such a bad GM).  He will take #8 off the table and offers O'Quinn instead, and I hope Danny makes the deal anyway.
you guys are crazy.  3 and Crowder is no where near enough for Porzingis and you think the Knicks are going to add in more. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2017, 08:20:37 AM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
Danny trading for KP is one step closer to trading for Anthony Davis.

In a year if the pelicans still suck, DA says have KP, Jaylen, other players, and Brooklyn 2018, LAL 2018, Grizzlies pick...

I think New Orleans will at least make a counter-offer that starts negotiations

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2017, 08:22:25 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
A deal would have been done by now .... Knicks gladly take jackson or ball over Porzingis

But Danny has no plans to trade the pick... Unless he gets back extra (like 8th pick for Smith Jr or Isaac is my guess).  Or he wants to really draft either Tatum or Jackson.  Lots of teams sound like they want Jackson

I think it's more about Phil ensuring nothing silly happens and JJ is still available at three.   If I were him, I'd want to wait until draft night as well, just in case.   

KP is a skill player, not a paint-banger, so I don't think the injury concern is warranted.   Honestly he's the big we've needed.  Can you imagine the defensive nightmare his length will cause once he acclimates to Brad's system? 

And the 3pt shooting.  OMG do we badly need his 3pt shooting in the starting lineup. 

Giving up Brk 18 would be complete stupidity. Porzingis isn't the special kind of talent to warrant that.
Well clearly you don't like KP since you don't think he has special talent and you think he's an injury risk.  Though I agree DA won't give up the BKN 18, that doesn't mean the deal won't get done.

I personally think Phil Jackson will cave right after the Lakers pick Ball.  He is way out of his league in the GM world and feels the NYC pressure to "do something" or lose his job (which may lose no matter what).

Crowder+#3 for KP+#8.  Then pick up Markkenen or Collins with the #8, whoever falls.

Now THAT'S a Danny offer if I ever saw one...not sure if Phil bites or not, but that's about the most I would give up for KP if he has any kind of back/knee issues. 

What a fun day this will be...well, to Danny I guess...the rest of us are going crazy with expectation!  ;D

Rak
He won't as he pretends to negotiate (Phil knows squat about how to REALLY negotiate, such a bad GM).  He will take #8 off the table and offers O'Quinn instead, and I hope Danny makes the deal anyway.
you guys are crazy.  3 and Crowder is no where near enough for Porzingis and you think the Knicks are going to add in more.

You're probably right. However:

1. Chief Triangle has probably offended Zinger.
2. The triangle is not primarily designed for center play.
3. The last three days of press have damaged the Knicks ability to get more, due to a perception that the relationship has broken down between KP and the Knicks.

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2017, 08:32:55 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

Rak

Completely disagree. 3 is more valuable than Porzingis by itself. especially as PJax is sold on Jackson. Crowder is not enough to justify them adding in the 8th pick though, we would have to send a pick back in return, probably something like the Mem 19.

GMs (especially inexperienced ones) love to make their own selections. They fall in love with the potential of a player and overpay to get them.

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2017, 08:34:18 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
If Phil is asking for #4 plus Booker or Bender or Chriss from the Suns , then you figure he would want #3 plus Jaylen as a starting point from the Celtics.

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2017, 08:37:57 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
If KP ends up in phoenix for #4 + Bender I'll be upset! And compared to that #3 and Brown (actually nba player) is overpay

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2017, 08:42:28 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
If this is true I hate this information coming out because it opens the door for the Lakers to sneak in and pull a fast 1 drafting Jackson in front of the C's.  Or maybe it opens the door for the Lakers to trade down to 4 with Phoenix allowing Pho. to draft Jackson at 2 and the Lakers still getting Ball.

We'll take Ball if that try that nonsense.

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2017, 08:47:46 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If Phil is asking for #4 plus Booker or Bender or Chriss from the Suns , then you figure he would want #3 plus Jaylen as a starting point from the Celtics.

Phil is out of touch with reality...unless he is playing a game

Everyone knows he wants to trade KP...he is not going to max value back in return for him

Once the lakers take #2. Danny phones is going to be off the hook.

Maybe Phil tells Danny.. you know what he is worth Brown and Jackson...but I will just take the #3 for KP

I hope Danny hangs up the phone

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2017, 08:48:24 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
I would have been pumped had the Celtics acquired KP with the #1 pick. If Danny somehow pulls this after trading down and getting another lottery pick it would be a heist.

Plus, Zinger is a white guy. If we sign Hayward too? Man, perfect for deeply racist Boston. 😲

Pathetic thing to say. If sarcasm, you failed.

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2017, 08:48:58 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Everyone knows he wants to trade KP...he is not going to max value back in return for him

Maybe Phil tells Danny.. you know what he is worth Brown and Jackson...but I will just take the #3 for KP

I disagree about max value.   He is the type of player teams will fall all over themselves to get because they know someone else will.

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2017, 08:49:35 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 919

If DA could pull that off, I'd personally deliver his burrito every day for a year. I think it's a pipe dream, but stranger things have happened.

Mike

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2017, 08:50:40 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

I think 3 and Brown you decline, but it's not unfair of Phil to ask.

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2017, 08:59:39 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Rak

Completely disagree. 3 is more valuable than Porzingis by itself. especially as PJax is sold on Jackson. Crowder is not enough to justify them adding in the 8th pick though, we would have to send a pick back in return, probably something like the Mem 19.

GMs (especially inexperienced ones) love to make their own selections. They fall in love with the potential of a player and overpay to get them.
Several highly regarded NBA writers have said that without question if Porzingis was in this draft he would be the 1st pick.  There would be no hesitation at all from any of the top teams, even the Sixers that are loaded at the 4/5.  Thus, the 1st pick alone would not be enough to land Porzingis, and Boston doesn't even have the 1st pick anymore.  It will take a top 5 pick and at least one other very high value asset i.e. another top 5 pick or a potential young star (like Booker) for the Knicks to move Porzingis or to even consider moving Porzingis.  Boston will need to offer 3 and at least Brown or the LA or BKN pick for the Knicks to consider making a move.  Now if Boston were to take back Noah that would alter the value associated with Porzingis, but Boston wouldn't do that. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2017, 08:59:54 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Does Porzingis make sense to start with Horford? Seems like Zizic's game will be a better complement. The banger down low to face the Thompsons and the Zazas. Obviously Porzingis superior to Zizic. Just wondering about fit with Al.

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2017, 09:03:08 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Rak

Several highly regarded NBA writers have said that without question if Porzingis was in this draft he would be the 1st pick.  There would be no hesitation at all from any of the top teams, even the Sixers that are loaded at the 4/5.  Thus, the 1st pick alone would not be enough to land Porzingis, and Boston doesn't even have the 1st pick anymore.  It will take a top 5 pick and at least one other very high value asset i.e. another top 5 pick or a potential young star (like Booker) for the Knicks to move Porzingis or to even consider moving Porzingis.  Boston will need to offer 3 and at least Brown or the LA or BKN pick for the Knicks to consider making a move.  Now if Boston were to take back Noah that would alter the value associated with Porzingis, but Boston wouldn't do that.

Yes. But he has injury issues already early on in his career. Is a poor rebounder for his height

Avoiding the exit meeting is a redflag also

Who is to say he wont pull this on Danny one of these days

Skip on him