Author Topic: Woj: Knicks want Josh Jackson for Porzingis  (Read 34935 times)

Re: Woj: Knicks want Josh Jackson for Porzingis
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2017, 01:24:05 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
David Aldridge: Factor in potential Porzingis trades: Knicks think KP would have been 1st overall in draft this year & next & want picks reflecting that. – via Twitter daldridgetnt

What are they smokin??

Posturing, nothing more. That kind of nonsense statement is designed to whip up fan demand for a player but doesn't have any impact on GMs whatsoever. KP wouldn't go in the top 4 of this draft.

Maybe straight out of Europe. After proving himself in the NBA, I think he's easily worth the #1 pick.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2017, 01:24:13 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
So my favorite Porzingis trade I've seen so far:

BOS trades: Crowder, #3 (Jackson), #37
BOS receives: Warren, #4  (Tatum), #8 (Smith)

PHX trades: Warren, #4 (Tatum)
PHX receives: Porzingis

NYK trades: Porzigis, #8 (Smith)
NYK receives: Crowder, #3 (Jackson), #37

Any deal that doesn't involve us getting KP is off the table for me.

Agreed. Porzingis is exactly the kind of talent that would allow me to stomach the trade down we made with Philly. Adding an assortment of lesser players would not.

« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2017, 01:27:35 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
David Aldridge: Factor in potential Porzingis trades: Knicks think KP would have been 1st overall in draft this year & next & want picks reflecting that. – via Twitter daldridgetnt

What are they smokin??

Posturing, nothing more. That kind of nonsense statement is designed to whip up fan demand for a player but doesn't have any impact on GMs whatsoever. KP wouldn't go in the top 4 of this draft.

Maybe straight out of Europe. After proving himself in the NBA, I think he's easily worth the #1 pick.

Only because you're dealing with a known quantity.

Let's play this out. Please predict KPs statistics 3 years from now, taking into account his lack of progression that he showed last year.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2017, 01:28:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
http://www.slamonline.com/nba/kristaps-porzingis-trade-likely-phoenix-suns/#Tg6AKbQMKjEIz5hg.97

Not sure how reliable this source is, but this is supposedly coming from one of his brothers.

But again, if the Knicks' target is Jackson, then number 4 probably doesn't get it done, meaning this doesn't make sense. I mean, you think Danny is just going to let that happen without being compensated? lol

I'm calling fake news.

« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2017, 01:31:11 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
http://www.slamonline.com/nba/kristaps-porzingis-trade-likely-phoenix-suns/#Tg6AKbQMKjEIz5hg.97

Not sure how reliable this source is, but this is supposedly coming from one of his brothers.

But again, if the Knicks' target is Jackson, then number 4 probably doesn't get it done, meaning this doesn't make sense. I mean, you think Danny is just going to let that happen without being compensated? lol

I'm calling fake news.

Danny likely keeps the pick and takes Tatum and then we'll all watch in confused horror as Phoenix flips Jackson for Zinger.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2017, 01:32:17 PM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things

What are they smokin??

Let's play this out. Please predict KPs statistics 3 years from now, taking into account his lack of progression that he showed last year.

Since when is going from 14ppg on 42% shooting (including 33% from 3) to 18 ppg on 45% shooting (including 36% from 3) considered a "lack of progression"?

3 years from now, if healthy, at age 24, I see 22ppg, 9rph, 2 bpg on 47% shooting and 39% from 3.  Sign me up.

« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2017, 01:37:10 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
So my favorite Porzingis trade I've seen so far:

BOS trades: Crowder, #3 (Jackson), #37
BOS receives: Warren, #4  (Tatum), #8 (Smith)

PHX trades: Warren, #4 (Tatum)
PHX receives: Porzingis

NYK trades: Porzigis, #8 (Smith)
NYK receives: Crowder, #3 (Jackson), #37

Serious? Why on earth would you not just trade Crowder, #3, and #37 for Zinger and #8 if that is what NY wants (in your trade)? Suns have no business here.

I believe that you would be very fortunate to get Zingah for #3, #37, and Crowder, much less Zingah and #8.

« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2017, 01:40:35 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

I'm calling fake news.

Maybe they have a tentative agreement in place if Jackson falls to #4. Bledsoe, Chriss and #4 seems reasonable to me.

« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2017, 01:49:53 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

I'm calling fake news.

Maybe they have a tentative agreement in place if Jackson falls to #4. Bledsoe, Chriss and #4 seems reasonable to me.

I agree.. I'd take Josh just screw with both teams. Worst case scenario, Josh isnt that bad of a backup plan
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2017, 01:51:54 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
If you told me right now I could have KP, or next year draft Doncic or Porter, I'm taking Porter/Doncic.

I don't see a superstar in KP. I see a nice player who will make some all star games as long as he stays in the Eastern Conference, but I don't see a guy that would be a WC all star, won't be an all-nba player, and can't be more than a complimentary player on a title team. OTOH, I think there's a very good chance a top pick next year is a superstar. Yes, that's a big IF, but I also think that KP staying healthy long-term is a huge IF also. 

If we do trade for him, I hope I'm wrong. But I don't think so.

« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2017, 01:52:31 PM »

Offline mahcussmaht

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
Porzingis is identical to Andrea Bargnani, but with more health issues.  He's a national name, because he plays on the Knicks and is the "great white hope".   This is the same idiot machine that created "Linsanity". 

We already gave up the next James Harden to trade down to #3 where our options are the next Pippen/TMac or the next Paul Pierce.  You don't trade that for Andrea Bargnani 2.0. 

Tyler Zeller is a better defender and rebounder than Porzingis.  If Tyler Zeller could develop an average 3 point shot and was given 33 minutes per night on the worst team in the league, he'd be a better version of Porzingis.   Porzingis would not even start on a good team.  He will never be an allstar.

How can you possibly associate Zeller with defense and rebounding? Are you kidding me?? That statement alone voids EVERYTHING you said.
I'm not associating Zeller with defense and rebounding.  I'm telling you that as bad as Zeller is at both, Porzingis is worse.  Porzingis gets slightly more blocks per minute, but he's vomit defensively.  Zeller rebounds at a higher rate and is better defensively.  This is fact.

Porzingis is Tyler Zeller with 3 point range.  So in other words, Porzingis is exactly the same as Bargnani.  The only reason people think he's some super duper star is the same reason "Linsanity" was a thing.  He plays on the Knicks and doesn't look like most NBA players.  He puts up near identical stats to Bargnani.  Had Bargnani played on the Knicks when he was younger, they would have projected him as a future super duper star as well.   In both instances, their best attributes are "tall" and "can hit threes".

Everyone is underrating how great this draft is.  Based on talent, Porzingis wouldn't go in the top 7 of this draft.   Based on his health, Porzingis could fall to late lotto in this draft.   Josh Jackson and Jayson Tatum are both future superstars in this league.  If Porzingis gets moved to a winner, he'll be coming off the bench.

« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2017, 01:52:47 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

I'm calling fake news.

I agree.. I'd take Josh just screw with both teams. Worst case scenario, Josh isnt that bad of a backup plan
At this point, when you consider the # of reports about how bad teams want Jackson, we have to take him, or else trade the pick.

« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2017, 01:52:57 PM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things

I'm calling fake news.

Trade 3 and Crowder for 4 and 8.  Take Isaac and Dennis Smith.  Open up some additional cap space.

« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2017, 01:53:46 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

What are they smokin??

Since when is going from 14ppg on 42% shooting (including 33% from 3) to 18 ppg on 45% shooting (including 36% from 3) considered a "lack of progression"?

3 years from now, if healthy, at age 24, I see 22ppg, 9rph, 2 bpg on 47% shooting and 39% from 3.  Sign me up.

Go look at his stats per 100 and anything advanced. His shooting percentages were better but everything else was down - rebounds, offensive rebounding percentage, assists, blocks, steals. That's a lack of progression. I could chalk that up to more minutes but he only played 4 more per game from his rookie season.

It could be due to his injuries but I'd expect some of those numbers to go up. Go look at KAT's stats, or De'Angelo Russell or WCS or Myles Turner and you'll see what I mean by progression. Not only did most of those guys play more minutes but the played better on a per possession basis. KP didn't and that concerns me. Thinking that a young guy will continue to improve isn't always logical. It's the same kind of thing that caused people to overvalue a guy like Greg Monroe - a guy who by age 21 was all he was going to ever be.

I'm not saying KP is capped out. But I think there's a reasonable argument to be made that your projections above are optimistic and that 20 ppg / 7.5 rpg and continuing to be a defensive non-entity is just as likely a scenario. There's a pretty substantial chance that multiple guys from the top of this draft class will be exceeding those numbers AND would have been cheaper while doing it.

« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2017, 01:55:39 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
At this point, when you consider the # of reports about how bad teams want Jackson, we have to take him, or else trade the pick.

The same logic was used last year regarding Dunn. It didn't work then either.