Author Topic: Woj: Knicks want Josh Jackson for Porzingis  (Read 34919 times)

Woj: Knicks want Josh Jackson for Porzingis
« on: June 22, 2017, 03:46:04 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheVertical/status/877691488129474560

Now it all makes sense why Danny wants Jackson so bad. Come on Danny fleece Phil Jackson aka Billy King 2.0

Woj update: suns and knicks have no traction in trade talks, suns don't want to include booker in a deal.
https://mobile.twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/877778205406580736

So knicks want top 4 pick to get Jackson. La wants ball. Sixers want fultz. Suns no traction. Leave 1 team left with the keys to the car...

Imagine Danny turns that #1 pick into porzingis and a top 6 2018 pick

Unrelated, somewhere in this video woj explains Celtics options https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=495112134161211&id=228108177528276&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FzT5sHvQJGZ&_rdr
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 04:08:28 AM by CelticsElite »

Re: Woj: Knicks want Josh Jackson for Porzingis
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 04:45:01 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I want Jackson but I'll take Porzingis. I still think they take Tatum because of #0, DA's fetish.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 04:56:01 AM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
If this is true I hate this information coming out because it opens the door for the Lakers to sneak in and pull a fast 1 drafting Jackson in front of the C's.  Or maybe it opens the door for the Lakers to trade down to 4 with Phoenix allowing Pho. to draft Jackson at 2 and the Lakers still getting Ball.

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 05:01:08 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Josh Jackson has some similar qualities to Scottie Pippen.

I wonder if that is what is convincing Phil to buy high.

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 05:17:48 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
The rumor I saw today was that Porzingis has lots of back/knee issues.

This is more about dumping Zinger than acquiring Jackson IMO.

Be careful Danny.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 05:20:27 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71

Be careful Danny.

Yeah, I can't remember a lot of 7'3'' guys that have had long and meaningful careers, let alone one that plays like a small forward. I love KP's potential, but his build scares me
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 05:31:37 AM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton

Be careful Danny.
If that is true then I could see Porzingis not passing the physical and the trade being voided.  Trader Danny may just get another trade down out of this with Pho. or Sac. and still get someone like Isaac or Tatum, whoever is their target. 

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 05:49:41 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Be careful Danny.
Ilgauskas did just fine despite issues. He was a different type of player, of course, so there's that.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 06:20:53 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Josh Jackson has some similar qualities to Scottie Pippen.

I wonder if that is what is convincing Phil to buy high.

Yeah, I'm wondering about that, as well.

I want Jackson but I'll take Porzingis. I still think they take Tatum because of #0, DA's fetish.

But dat hair, tho - DA's other fetish, lol ::).

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2017, 06:47:16 AM »

Offline mahcussmaht

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
Porzingis is identical to Andrea Bargnani, but with more health issues.  He's a national name, because he plays on the Knicks and is the "great white hope".   This is the same idiot machine that created "Linsanity". 

We already gave up the next James Harden to trade down to #3 where our options are the next Pippen/TMac or the next Paul Pierce.  You don't trade that for Andrea Bargnani 2.0. 

Tyler Zeller is a better defender and rebounder than Porzingis.  If Tyler Zeller could develop an average 3 point shot and was given 33 minutes per night on the worst team in the league, he'd be a better version of Porzingis.   Porzingis would not even start on a good team.  He will never be an allstar.

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 06:51:51 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Porzingis is identical to Andrea Bargnani, but with more health issues.  He's a national name, because he plays on the Knicks and is the "great white hope".   This is the same idiot machine that created "Linsanity". 

We already gave up the next James Harden to trade down to #3 where our options are the next Pippen/TMac or the next Paul Pierce.  You don't trade that for Andrea Bargnani 2.0. 

Tyler Zeller is a better defender and rebounder than Porzingis.  If Tyler Zeller could develop an average 3 point shot and was given 33 minutes per night on the worst team in the league, he'd be a better version of Porzingis.   Porzingis would not even start on a good team.  He will never be an allstar.

How can you possibly associate Zeller with defense and rebounding? Are you kidding me?? That statement alone voids EVERYTHING you said.

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 06:57:16 AM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton

How can you possibly associate Zeller with defense and rebounding? Are you kidding me?? That statement alone voids EVERYTHING you said.

How could you have possibly gotten that far into that post before you voided everything he said?

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 06:57:16 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
A deal would have been done by now .... Knicks gladly take jackson or ball over Porzingis

But Danny has no plans to trade the pick... Unless he gets back extra (like 8th pick for Smith Jr or Isaac is my guess).  Or he wants to really draft either Tatum or Jackson.  Lots of teams sound like they want Jackson

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2017, 07:09:52 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

Be careful Danny.

Yeah, I can't remember a lot of 7'3'' guys that have had long and meaningful careers, let alone one that plays like a small forward. I love KP's potential, but his build scares me
Because there aren't many players that were that big and talented.
One name that came to mind is some guy from way back named Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. He played for a few or 20 seasons.

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 07:19:27 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
If the knicks want Jackson, a deal wouldn't be done until tonight. NYK makes a deal with us now, there's always the chance someone jumps ahead of them.