Poll

Guess: Who Is Lebron Playing For After This Season?

Cleveland Cavaliers (He Stays)
33 (30.6%)
Houston Rockets
13 (12%)
Los Angeles Clippers
3 (2.8%)
Los Angeles Lakers
32 (29.6%)
New York Knicks
4 (3.7%)
Boston Celtics (Hey... Who Knows)
4 (3.7%)
Philadelphia 76ers
9 (8.3%)
Milwaukee Bucks
1 (0.9%)
San Antonio Spurs
6 (5.6%)
Other Team (Comment Below!)
3 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Author Topic: Are We Doomed If Lebron Joins The Philadelphia 76ers Next Summer?  (Read 49734 times)

Re: Are We Doomed If Lebron Joins The Philadelphia 76ers Next Summer?
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2017, 08:12:25 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
This is a very hard question. Everyone assumed the lakers, but I just cant see him going there if theres no chance they can win, and with Lonzo, Ingrham and Free Agnet Star X I don't see them being truly competitive. Say what you want about Lebron, and I do find him insufferable, he's always gone where he stands the best chance of winning and chasing Jordan. For that reason phili doesn't quite make sense either, as simmons and embiid are still probably a couple of years away form peak and tying your career to joel embiids injury history seems dangerous. Going west doesn't eem t make sense, but there really no team in the east that is close enough to entice him and can actually pay him. I said spurs, because why not?
Because the Spurs won't have anywhere close to 35% Max cap space.  Very few teams will.

That's the other problem. Most teams won't have cap space to sign Lebron UNLESS he took a huge discount.

Even the Lakers could actually have some trouble fitting in Lebron AND Free Agent X if the cap goes a little down (as projected), unless the Lakers decide to trade away BOTH Randle + Clarkson (and rumor has it that they are already likely to deal Randle at the deadline for a 1st round pick to also clear up some cap for the summer).

And I say that because Lebron is ONLY joining the Lakers if another max FA star joins him in LA, otherwise he's not going there alone to team up with Lonzo The Great lol.
They've got to get rid of Deng too which is not going to be easy. 

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2017, 08:14:16 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
This is a very hard question. Everyone assumed the lakers, but I just cant see him going there if theres no chance they can win, and with Lonzo, Ingrham and Free Agnet Star X I don't see them being truly competitive. Say what you want about Lebron, and I do find him insufferable, he's always gone where he stands the best chance of winning and chasing Jordan. For that reason phili doesn't quite make sense either, as simmons and embiid are still probably a couple of years away form peak and tying your career to joel embiids injury history seems dangerous. Going west doesn't eem t make sense, but there really no team in the east that is close enough to entice him and can actually pay him. I said spurs, because why not?
Because the Spurs won't have anywhere close to 35% Max cap space.  Very few teams will.

That's the other problem. Most teams won't have cap space to sign Lebron UNLESS he took a huge discount.

Even the Lakers could actually have some trouble fitting in Lebron AND Free Agent X if the cap goes a little down (as projected), unless the Lakers decide to trade away BOTH Randle + Clarkson (and rumor has it that they are already likely to deal Randle at the deadline for a 1st round pick to also clear up some cap for the summer).

And I say that because Lebron is ONLY joining the Lakers if another max FA star joins him in LA, otherwise he's not going there alone to team up with Lonzo The Great lol.

Right, completely forgot about that too.

I wish OKC were doing fairly well honestly, because then PG13 would likely stay and that's another FA Lakers fans could cross off their list.

But OKC haven't looked great and George could still decide to leave now..
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2017, 08:45:53 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

I wish OKC were doing fairly well honestly, because then PG13 would likely stay and that's another FA Lakers fans could cross off their list.

Aggravates me to no end that LAL can be guaranteed a rebuild by tanking a couple years and creating cap room.  EASIEST GM job in sports.  Not saying they can't blow it, but it's like the Sox and Yankees in baseball, just an advantage that allows for multiple mistakes.   Lakers will be back because they will always be a prized destination for FAs, they just need to manage their salaries.  Only a matter of time. 

Re: Lebron joining the Sixers... I'd love that.  Sixers-Celtics rivalry would be great compared to giving LAL a shot at their 17th.

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2017, 09:15:25 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I think OKC will be fine. With those 3 it was always going to take a bit to mesh. Similar to when LBJ went to miami
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2017, 11:30:09 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I think OKC will be fine. With those 3 it was always going to take a bit to mesh. Similar to when LBJ went to miami

Yep, this team can still be a huge threat to anyone in the playoffs if they mesh together later on in the season.

« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2017, 11:53:56 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
He sees Philly doing this to the Warriors and ponders...  :o

Lol never mind, Sixers blow the lead and Lebron shakes his head...  :laugh:

« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2017, 12:31:54 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
I'm not too worried about the cap  space aspect. if Lebrn wants to come to your team you make it work, and its not like they are buried under bad contracts. Worst case they just dump someone like Aldridge for nothing and that alone gets them pretty close.

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2017, 12:59:20 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm not too worried about the cap  space aspect. if Lebrn wants to come to your team you make it work, and its not like they are buried under bad contracts. Worst case they just dump someone like Aldridge for nothing and that alone gets them pretty close.

I mean for one, you'd have to find someone who wants to take him on (and that contract), and two, I still don't think that's enough (you'd have to get rid of some more).

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2017, 11:05:15 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Executives around the NBA believe the Philadelphia 76ers will attempt to sign LeBron James in free agency.

James is widely expected to become a free agent in 2018 though his eventual destination remains a speculative mystery. While James has also been linked to the Los Angeles Lakers, signing with the 76ers would give James the opportunity to stay in the Eestern Conference and avoid teams like the Warriors, Rockets and Spurs.

The 76ers could fairly easily create enough salary cap space to sign James to a max contract starting at $34 million.

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2017, 11:14:42 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Executives around the NBA believe the Philadelphia 76ers will attempt to sign LeBron James in free agency.

James is widely expected to become a free agent in 2018 though his eventual destination remains a speculative mystery. While James has also been linked to the Los Angeles Lakers, signing with the 76ers would give James the opportunity to stay in the Eestern Conference and avoid teams like the Warriors, Rockets and Spurs.

The 76ers could fairly easily create enough salary cap space to sign James to a max contract starting at $34 million.

I assume you’re quoting someone.  Whoever that someone is doesn’t even know how much a max contract is projected to be.

« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2017, 12:17:59 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Sigh this is the stupidest click bait article I have seen. I was hoping we wouldn't have to deal with it here. 2 things

1) every team in the league would like to sign him
2) "rival executives think they will try" umm what

« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2017, 03:12:54 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
wasn't he and his wife out there in LA checkimg out high schools for little Bron Jr

« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2017, 06:53:17 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Embiid will get hurt again this year at some point and folks will be hesistant to go there.  Plus folks know they are sitting on talent with Okafor and players know he can play and they talk, this too, will hurt Philly.

« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2017, 08:05:39 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

I mean for one, you'd have to find someone who wants to take him on (and that contract), and two, I still don't think that's enough (you'd have to get rid of some more).
There's only going to be a handful of teams with the cap space to absorb Aldredge's contract without sending salary back.  The Mavs might want him.  Maybe the Lakers if they strike out in free agency. 

« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2017, 08:14:09 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
I think Embiid will get hurt again this year at some point and folks will be hesistant to go there.  Plus folks know they are sitting on talent with Okafor and players know he can play and they talk, this too, will hurt Philly.
Players generally go where they can get the most money and the Sixers are going to be one of a handful of teams with significant cap space.