Author Topic: Celtics (28-4) at Blazers (19-12) 12/30  (Read 70321 times)

Re: Celtics (28-4) at Blazers (19-12) 12/30
« Reply #270 on: December 31, 2008, 01:23:36 AM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Hmmmmmm.... seems my eyes were bad, my bad Brick, u were right.

TP for you.  I don't think anyone ever has said that to me on here before!

Anytime bud.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #271 on: December 31, 2008, 01:25:08 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
maybe them being considered afterthoughts in the East will motivate them. IF it comes down to boston and the cavs in the east....the C's need home court...cleveland plays at another level at home and they struggle-like tonight on the road. i guess people sleeping on boston might be good...

If they are sleeping on the Celtics they need theiur heads examined because one week of basketball does not a season make.

Nora -- I agree 100 percent with you. However, my concern is that without some changes to this roster, this one week could turn into bigger problems moving forward. Yes, the celtics can win 60 games with the current roster, but they won't win the championship again and likely won't get to the finals.

« Reply #272 on: December 31, 2008, 01:27:52 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
the problem is that boston has no margin for error with the cavs and magic keeping pace...the lakers can afford to lose games like this...boston can't. they need to win the next four heading into cleveland. i think they will

« Reply #273 on: December 31, 2008, 01:49:27 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #274 on: December 31, 2008, 01:50:52 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Game should be protested.

« Reply #275 on: December 31, 2008, 06:16:45 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-nylJLVhqQ

nice to see NBA tv playing it off as

"awww shucks, those adorable blazers! they had to many guys"
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #276 on: December 31, 2008, 06:44:03 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
this game should be played again...what a shame for the nba to validate this match

« Reply #277 on: December 31, 2008, 08:07:11 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
am i the only one who has noticed absolutely horrific reffing of the past four games? you'd almost think they are trying to send us on a bit of a skid in order to give the lakers the edge over us in overall record, giving them home court advantage in the finals...

on a side note, if that bogus call the refs made involving 6 players on the court does not come with some sort of immediate rule change, could we start seeing teams try to take advantage of this at crucial points in games more often? makes me sick...blazers fans will say that 1 point doesn't matter, but it's not about the point, it's about momentum in the game, and things like that destroy any momentum a team may be gaining.

« Reply #278 on: December 31, 2008, 08:46:00 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
am i the only one who has noticed absolutely horrific reffing of the past four games? you'd almost think they are trying to send us on a bit of a skid in order to give the lakers the edge over us in overall record, giving them home court advantage in the finals...

on a side note, if that bogus call the refs made involving 6 players on the court does not come with some sort of immediate rule change, could we start seeing teams try to take advantage of this at crucial points in games more often? makes me sick...blazers fans will say that 1 point doesn't matter, but it's not about the point, it's about momentum in the game, and things like that destroy any momentum a team may be gaining.

IT did matter, its a 3 point swing. If they don't get the basket, we still get the tech.

Ergo, pierce's shot with 40 seconds left puts us up one, not down one.

Thus they can't run 24 seconds off the clock, and even if they hit a shot, they would have only been up 1, at the worst 2.

Instead they wen't up 3 and got to run us off the 3 point line.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #279 on: December 31, 2008, 09:27:09 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Most of you guys blame Eddie for the L, but the play the biggest mistake was made by KG when Outlaw got by Pierce and drove the baseline and dunked on him. That was a very blockable shot, or at least he should have rotated and kill the baseline drive.
DON'T USE EDDIE AS AN SCAPEGOAT
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #280 on: December 31, 2008, 09:37:28 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Most of you guys blame Eddie for the L, but the play the biggest mistake was made by KG when Outlaw got by Pierce and drove the baseline and dunked on him. That was a very blockable shot, or at least he should have rotated and kill the baseline drive.
DON'T USE EDDIE AS AN SCAPEGOAT

I dont think anyones blaming eddie as a scapegoat for the loss, but that was one of many terrable plays.

The win as a team and lose as a team, i don't get off on assigning blame to specfic guys.

« Reply #281 on: December 31, 2008, 09:50:44 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-nylJLVhqQ

nice to see NBA tv playing it off as

"awww shucks, those adorable blazers! they had to many guys"

not only that, they failed to report the bucket counted

« Reply #282 on: December 31, 2008, 11:08:14 AM »

Offline TheBostonChoker

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
Portland gets an illegal bucket and avoids a tech. 3 points. Paul Pierce travels worse than LeBron and gets an and 1. 3 points. The two offset, and Boston still loses by five. Quit crying. Celtics choked, plain and simple.

« Reply #283 on: December 31, 2008, 11:20:22 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Portland gets an illegal bucket and avoids a tech. 3 points. Paul Pierce travels worse than LeBron and gets an and 1. 3 points. The two offset, and Boston still loses by five. Quit crying. Celtics choked, plain and simple.

thanks blazers troll, rest assured i don't care about your logic on the matter.

« Reply #284 on: December 31, 2008, 11:26:23 AM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5

IT did matter, its a 3 point swing. If they don't get the basket, we still get the tech.

Ergo, pierce's shot with 40 seconds left puts us up one, not down one.

Thus they can't run 24 seconds off the clock, and even if they hit a shot, they would have only been up 1, at the worst 2.

Instead they wen't up 3 and got to run us off the 3 point line.
I was at the game last night in Portland. I think the 6-on-5 thing DID affect the outcome. The biggest effect was that I think the C's lost their composure and their focus after that weird play. While that's the players' fault, it would have been a non-issue in the second half if the refs had handled it differently.

Honestly, I can't wrap my brain around that call. How can you allow a basket in that situation? I just don't get it. But anyhow, fair or unfair, I can't help but think teams would use this 6-on-5 thing as a strategy in the future. Why wouldn't you pull a 6-on-5 to get an automatic 2-for-1? I'm still just baffled over this.