Author Topic: 2019-2020 Bruins Season  (Read 35478 times)

Re: 2019-2020 Bruins Season
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2020, 02:34:44 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Bruins doing their best to choke again. Had a 1-goal lead twice, blew it both times.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2020, 03:01:05 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
BOOM! BERGERON!

B's win Game 1  8)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2020, 03:38:05 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Bs were fortunate today. Happy for the win.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2020, 10:54:17 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Wow

Bye Bye Tukka.  If he was feeling this way it would have been nice for him to let the team know a wee bit sooner.

Yup

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2020, 10:58:08 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Wow

Bye Bye Tukka.  If he was feeling this way it would have been nice for him to let the team know a wee bit sooner.

My guess is he tried to push through, and his head wasn’t in it. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2020, 12:50:32 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Haha - based on my opinions in the Hayward/birth of child thread, you guys can probably guess how I feel about this. At least Hayward has a legitimate reason and will come back as soon as he is allowed (if we even get that far). Tukka just doesn't feel like being there anymore. It must have been tough for Sweeney to grin and show public support for his decision.

I guess we all have to jump on board the Halak train and hope for the best.

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2020, 02:00:38 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Haha - based on my opinions in the Hayward/birth of child thread, you guys can probably guess how I feel about this. At least Hayward has a legitimate reason and will come back as soon as he is allowed (if we even get that far). Tukka just doesn't feel like being there anymore. It must have been tough for Sweeney to grin and show public support for his decision.

I guess we all have to jump on board the Halak train and hope for the best.

I haven’t tuned in to local sports shows today, but they were ripping him pretty hard just based on his post game 2 comments.  I can’t image the deathwishes they must be doling out now. 
Yup

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2020, 02:08:20 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I’ve never understood the criticism Tula has gotten in Boston.  He’s never really been a fan favorite, despite being a top-five goalie.

I wish we as fans could rally around the guy. He’s struggling with some thing. It’s better that he spoke up rather than just going through the motions.

Have you guys ever had a friend or coworker struggling with some thing that he or she kept hidden? Whether it be mental health, alcoholism, financial troubles, family concerns, etc.?  They are visibly falling apart, but nobody understands why? Sometimes empathy is the best policy.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2020, 02:45:18 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I’ve never understood the criticism Tula has gotten in Boston.  He’s never really been a fan favorite, despite being a top-five goalie.

I wish we as fans could rally around the guy. He’s struggling with some thing. It’s better that he spoke up rather than just going through the motions.

Have you guys ever had a friend or coworker struggling with some thing that he or she kept hidden? Whether it be mental health, alcoholism, financial troubles, family concerns, etc.?  They are visibly falling apart, but nobody understands why? Sometimes empathy is the best policy.

In a normal job that all makes sense. 

I know these are uncharted waters with COVID and the bubble and all that, but the Stanley Cup Playoffs are held to a very high standard by the fans, media and players.  For better or worse the players have always played with an intensity that backs up the notion that they are on a sacred mission for the Cup.  Tuukka has never acted like he has that same level of devotion to the cause.
Yup

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2020, 02:49:02 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
The timing is obviously unfortunate but certainly not gonna knock the guy for wanting to be with his family (which includes a newborn) and whatever other issues he might be dealing with in the middle of a pandemic right now. At the end of the day, these guys are all human too.

The good thing is that the Bruins have a very competent backup in Halak and are a very strong hockey team.  Please don’t jinx them....please don’t jinx them.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 02:59:12 PM by Donoghus »

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2020, 02:59:07 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
The timing is obviously unfortunate but certainly not gonna knock the guy for wanting to be with his family (which includes a newborn) and whatever other issues he might be dealing with right now. At the end of the day, these guys are all human too.

The good thing is that the Bruins have a very competent backup in Halak and are a very strong hockey team.  Please don’t jinx them....please don’t jinx them.

3-1 today so it didn’t hurt too much.

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2020, 02:59:31 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Bruins take Game 3!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2020, 02:59:39 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
The timing is obviously unfortunate but certainly not gonna knock the guy for wanting to be with his family (which includes a newborn) and whatever other issues he might be dealing with right now. At the end of the day, these guys are all human too.

3-1 today so it didn’t hurt too much.

I’ll take it!

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2020, 03:05:24 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Good game and that injury is probably the dagger in Carolina.

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2020, 03:08:17 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Tuukka has never acted like he has that same level of devotion to the cause.

Perhaps not, but he’s been amazing in the regular season and playoffs, regardless of his demeanor.

He’s got the 3rd best SV% off all-time for his career.  He’s had us in the Cup Finals twice.  I’ll take it.