Author Topic: Woj: Warriors, Durant's inner circle bracing for tough news on knee injury  (Read 7317 times)

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-warriors-durants-inner-circle-bracing-for-tough-news-on-knee-injury-085809477.html

The Golden State Warriors are bracing for the possibility that All-Star forward Kevin Durant could be lost for the rest of the regular season – or perhaps longer – with a left knee injury, league sources told The Vertical.

Durant underwent an MRI late Tuesday night to survey the knee damage and team officials and members of Durant’s inner circle were expressing fear early Wednesday morning that the severity of Durant’s injury could preclude a return to the Warriors lineup before the start of the Western Conference playoffs in six weeks, league sources told The Vertical.

Some close to Durant feared the damage could sideline him even longer, league sources said.

Nevertheless, doctors were evaluating the test results and the Warriors expected to make a public announcement later on Wednesday.

Durant suffered what the Warriors termed a hyper-extended left knee in the first quarter of Tuesday night’s loss to the Washington Wizards. Golden State center Zaza Pachulia lost his balance and fell into Durant’s left knee.

Durant – a four-time NBA scoring champion – has been the Warriors’ top scorer this season, averaging 25.8 points a game. He signed a free agent deal with Golden State in July, leaving Oklahoma City after spending nine years with the organization that drafted him. Golden State has the NBA’s best record at 50-10.

Durant signed a two-year deal that included a player option that he expected to exercise to become a free agent again in July. Durant has consistently indicated that he expected to re-sign on a longer-term deal with Golden State this summer.

Posted 4am EST, so they might already have a decent idea. They're screwed if he's out and the Cavs are formidable even with him in.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
you can get a pretty decent diagnosis on ACL and MCL injuries without an MRI. Not that Ive got a [dang] clue if thats what happened, but if they think its bad, its probably bad.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Karma.
He should've come here and competed instead of trying to coast to a title by latching on to a championship team.
No one outside of the Bay Area will shed any tears for him.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Warriors just committed signing Matt Barnes for the rest of the season, deciding not to sign Jose Calderon*. They must think it's serious.

* Technically the Warriors are signing Calderon and immediately releasing him, so at least he gets paid.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 06:19:36 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Holy Smokes!

Love, Lowry, Durant...

The playoffs seem wide open, all of a sudden.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Holy Smokes!

Love, Lowry, Durant...

Wide open for a repeat.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
Holy Smokes!

Love, Lowry, Durant...

I know right for a second I though what if this happened before the trade deadline would Danny have reacted(overreacted) and tried to go for it this year? My guess would still be no I think he likes the team and wants to be competitive for years and years but it would have still been enticing.

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
nvm, I should've double-checked the pic before I posted
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Well now I wish we had done something at the deadline :(.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
If this extends into the playoffs, the Warriors have something to worry about. Not just offensively, either. Durant's defensive versatility has been integral to their success this season. I don't know who steps up for them. Washed up Matt Barnes isn't going to cut it.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Well now I wish we had done something at the deadline :(.
ya, but you can't bank on injuries

I'm still happy we didn't trade the big assets
I trust Danny Ainge

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Karma.
He should've come here and competed instead of trying to coast to a title by latching on to a championship team.
No one outside of the Bay Area will shed any tears for him.

Agreed. I like KD and the Warriors but I didn't like that move at all.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
If it ends up being a torn acl , after having missed about a season with a broken foot, does he still get a full max deal this summer?

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
If it ends up being a torn acl , after having missed about a season with a broken foot, does he still get a full max deal this summer?
My guess would be he would use his player option for next year before trying to sign a max deal the following summer. Interesting question though, his game isn't as based off athleticism as some super stars, he will always be 7 feet tall with long arms as long as that jumper comes back no reason he wouldn't get the max.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

He still gets the full max. Healthy, he's probably "worth" $50+ million per season. Injured, maybe his true value is closer to the actual max. He will get the max, though, either way.

At the same time, with injury issues he'd be stupid to play on a one year deal.