Author Topic: Woj: Warriors, Durant's inner circle bracing for tough news on knee injury  (Read 7320 times)

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
If this extends into the playoffs, the Warriors have something to worry about. Not just offensively, either. Durant's defensive versatility has been integral to their success this season. I don't know who steps up for them. Washed up Matt Barnes isn't going to cut it.

Yep, and people that argue that they won 73 last year without him are forgetting that they lost a lot to get Durant. That team right now minus Durant is significantly worse than last year's iteration of the Warriors.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Normally I do not like seeing players get injured but screw Durant & the Warriors. I hate that he joined them this summer. I'd love to see their season fall apart.

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
If it ends up being a torn acl , after having missed about a season with a broken foot, does he still get a full max deal this summer?

Without question.

Offline TomHeinsohn

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
Before anybody overreacts, let's take a step back and remember that this guy has earned well over 100 million playing a game, and that an acl injury isn't something insufferable and is actually quite common (I've suffered 2 myself). Good. I hope his acl is torn. I hope GS suffers because of it. And I hope he comes back strong this time next year.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
So many people forgetting about Kawhi.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
So suddenly Boston is in a position where,  if we DID make some of those trades that Danny refused to make,  we really could have a legit shot at banner #18.

Lovely.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
So many people forgetting about Kawhi.

Not me......Ive got the Spurs as the fav in the West if Durant is out.

Kawhi is basically the same as a younger LeBron physically .   He has the tools to nullify LeBrons game. 

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
So suddenly Boston is in a position where,  if we DID make some of those trades that Danny refused to make,  we really could have a legit shot at banner #18.

Lovely.

Yup, because Serge Ibaka was out magic key to beat Toronto/Washington, then Cleveland, and THEN San Antonio, Houston, or LAC in a 7 game series.

Yup, we were so close.

Danny, please make panic moves every trade deadline in the hope that Lebron, Curry, KD, Harden, or Leonard are out until the next year. Then we automatically win championships. It's like printing money!
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Normally I do not like seeing players get injured but screw Durant & the Warriors. I hate that he joined them this summer. I'd love to see their season fall apart.

I agree with you but you know this means Cleveland's title odds just jumped substantially. Not happy about that.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

Lovely.
With George or Butler we are not coming out of the East. Love and Smith will be back. Cavs win again with no Durant. Houston is looking good today.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Think how we'd be feeling right now if we had signed KD and were leading the East when this happened.

I do hope he is okay. Really like KD. Wouldn't wish it on any player.

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Lovely.
With George or Butler we are not coming out of the East. Love and Smith will be back. Cavs win again with no Durant. Houston is looking good today.

Yeah. It's such fun, this perpetual rebuilding nonsense. God forbid the Celtics would actually make a deep playoff run if a rebounder was added.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Lovely.

Yeah. It's such fun, this perpetual rebuilding nonsense. God forbid the Celtics would actually make a deep playoff run if a rebounder was added.

I just don't understand the "another team is better, so let's not even try to improve" mentality.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Lovely.

I just don't understand the "another team is better, so let's not even try to improve" mentality.

I don't understand the "let's get that guy, who cares about the long term implications" mentality.

Consider the top three guys Ainge supposedly missed on.

Noel - Totally doesn't fit the Celtics offense and resigning him would cause enormous salary cap complications.

PJ Tucker - 31 years old, doesn't actually make the team a lick better and also needs to be resigned after this season.

Ibaka - FA after this year, resigning him means no chance at any other major free agent.

Mike

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I see the Monday morning quarterbacking has already begun.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team