Author Topic: Tea Party...exchange useful everyday information  (Read 28301 times)

Re: Tea Party...exchange useful everyday information
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 10:47:33 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Wow, Dons, impressive!  I can't wait to try it! Idid I mention that I improvise?

Thanks, Bahku...if you have anything that looks alive in about three weeks, I will try one,  ;D

Yeah, gotta try Don's recipe, too ... I'm a fool for fresh asparagus, or any recipe including it.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 10:48:30 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Wow, Dons, impressive!  I can't wait to try it! Idid I mention that I improvise?

Thanks, Bahku...if you have anything that looks alive in about three weeks, I will try one,  ;D

I almost always improvise with taste.  Never follow the directions in a strict manner.

Grew up in the restaurant biz, cooking on a line didn't always allow you to be precise.

That dish is actually something I got from my mother, not from the restaurant.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 11:04:35 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Has anyone used one of those hanging upside down tomato planter thingy's and were you happy with the results? ???

We've been intrigued by them.  I was at a friend's parents place last weekend and they used a few.  Seemed to work well enough.
Yup

Re: Tea Party...exchange useful everyday information Grout Problem
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010, 07:00:43 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Bahku, I am giving you a TP for the recipe, even though you don't deserve it!  I have been craving fresh creamed peas since our discussion  ;D . I can't get them down here, the weather is too warm. Creamed peas  might be a Maine thing.  At any rate, it is very mean of you to reinforce cravings for anything  laden with cream and butter!   >:(  I am going North in September for a few weeks...wrong season!  Next year I will have to plan to be up there for the 4th of July  just so I can get some new peas (or a mess of peas as my grandmother used to call them!)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:48:39 AM by thirstyboots18 »
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 08:43:28 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
I am hoping someone has an easy solution for me.  We are in the process of moving and will be renting out this condo, which has a walk in shower in the Master Bath.  The tile is in really good shape, but it has the old 1 inch tile on the floor of the  walk in shower and in a couple areas the grout is really discolored (not mold).  Steam, bleach and scrubbing with ordinary cleaners hasn't touched it. I really don't want to regrout the shower floor.  Any quick fixes or am I into wishfull thinking now,  ::) .  I plan to upgrade the condo in a couple years and since it is in really good (if outdated) shape right now, I don't want to put too much time or money into it...just little stuff that I can do myself.)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 11:36:39 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Does anyone have any big plans for Labor Day weekend they want to share?  BBQs, picnics?   Traditions?  I know, I know....beside last minute school shopping....
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 11:42:59 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Does anyone have any big plans for Labor Day weekend they want to share?  BBQs, picnics?   Traditions?  I know, I know....beside last minute school shopping....

Work.  Big ginormous clambake.  Rest.  Get ready for school.
Yup

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 11:56:22 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson

Work.  Big ginormous clambake.  Rest.  Get ready for school.
Oooooh, Redz!   A real clam bake?  Hot stones in the sand and everything?  Doesn't matter....I am soooo jealous!  Clams, Lobster, Corn...even a hot dog and a potatoe!  I want it too!    Have a great time!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 06:12:56 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
I was thinking...that I wasn't thinking when I named this thread. Too political sounding.  What do you think of "Coffee Klatch"  instead?  I don't know if I can change it, or if I would just have to start another thread.

I am now reupholstering dining room table seats.  Everything is ready to go...backing, cushion, and fabric.  I have two staple guns...one manual and one electric. I am having trouble using the guns, however.  Staples from the manual one don't go through the backing, and the electric scares me to death...takes off like a machine gun out of control.  Anyone know any hints to get this job done?  Or...last resort...what do I look under to find someone who does this?  Maybe I am making this too complicated and should call a furniture upholsterer?

Bahku, if you see this, did you have good results with the tomato planter thingy?   ;D  (Anyone else try one...or with strawberries?)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010, 04:11:35 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Since it was starting to look like I would never get the dining room chairs done, I invited people for dinner next week!  Then I called an upholsterer, he picked up the seats a few minutes ago and I will have them back Tuesday.  That's how I get my housework done, too.  I invite people over, then I have to clean before they come.  They call it incentive,  ;D .  Guess I don't need advice on that anymore...
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 05:04:29 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
If anyone is into weight training or improving their fitness I just started a new regimine called starting strength. It is actually targeted at beginners, but it has really proved challening for me and I have been lifting for about ten years. Furthermore, its extremely simple. The basic premise is doing a one hour (or perhaps 45 minute) workout using a barbell and weights for 5 or 6 different exercises three times a week. I used to try to lift 5 times or so and do a lot of isolation, but this seems to work better. What are some others workout/fitness joys?

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 05:12:13 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I was thinking...that I wasn't thinking when I named this thread. Too political sounding.  What do you think of "Coffee Klatch"  instead?  I don't know if I can change it, or if I would just have to start another thread.

I am now reupholstering dining room table seats.  Everything is ready to go...backing, cushion, and fabric.  I have two staple guns...one manual and one electric. I am having trouble using the guns, however.  Staples from the manual one don't go through the backing, and the electric scares me to death...takes off like a machine gun out of control.  Anyone know any hints to get this job done?  Or...last resort...what do I look under to find someone who does this?  Maybe I am making this too complicated and should call a furniture upholsterer?

Bahku, if you see this, did you have good results with the tomato planter thingy?   ;D  (Anyone else try one...or with strawberries?)
"Water cooler" would be better.

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010, 05:15:02 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

"Water cooler" would be better.

How about "Ecto Cooler"?

Man, that stuff was the bomb.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2010, 07:47:28 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Tonight is the night for making wishes!  I was going to put this in Current Events, but....the ORIONIDS meteor shower is tonight.  Lawn chairs, blankets, hot coffee or hot chocolate and watch the shooting stars.  Better than tv.  A friend in Hawaii told me about going up the volcano to watch....lava flow below...shooting stars above...awesome!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2010, 08:44:00 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
expecting a political thread and getting this was a nice surprise!  So the double entendre worked for me.  But maybe more people would be pulled in with an alternate title:

The Literal Tea Party Thread                 ?
Martha Stewart's Got Nothing on Me         ?
Celtics Blog Kitchen and Beyond            ?

2 cents for today:  don't forget to throw Parmesan cheese on your popcorn.  Careful with the salt as the cheese from those green bottles has lots of salt already....(personally I'm not careful, I'm a freewheeling salt addict)

Also, garlic powder on popcorn, or garlic powder and cheese, is good too.  I think I tried popping the corn over fried garlic once and it wouldn't pop.  (either that or fried onions).  I believe I've sprinkled onion powder on popcorn as well.....