Author Topic: Guilty Pleasures  (Read 26436 times)

Re: Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2009, 06:21:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Okay, list time.

- I played computergames for insane hours -wasted my education on them- and met my current girlfriend on there.
- I own swords. 2 Katana's and a fantasy-type sword.
- I used to play dungeons and dragons with a bunch of friends, every week, and if they still lived close enough I would do so to this day. Now we gather once a year and either do that, or be dorks in the other way: LAN-party!
- I get up at 2 at night to go and watch the Celtics play, get back in bed at 5 or 6 while I have to go to work at 7 :P
- I eat insane amounts of whatever I can get my hands on (liquorish, meat, junkfood)
- I eat WAY too much McDonnalds (two to three times a week)
- I drink faaaar too much cola/7up etc. It's utterly frustrating to some people that I'm not fat.
- I like: Gilmore girls, Will & Grace and lots of anime.

In short, you guys have no idea how much of a geek I am :') Dunno if all of these are "guilty" pleasures, but believe me, I was ashamed for some of them for a long time.

Shame doesn't quite help you in life though, so I let go of it :P
You sound exactly like my 21 year old son. He's not a geek, well, he's finishing off his degree in computer engineering so maybe he is a professional geek. That's cool though. Geeks run the world.

Haven't told you half of it ;) And I'm 27 :') Never grow up!

Peter Pan 'n all that :D
21, 27...doesn't matter. If you're not married, all guys are basically kids until they are. And then some stay that way anyway.

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2009, 06:25:15 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
Okay, list time.

- I played computergames for insane hours -wasted my education on them- and met my current girlfriend on there.
- I own swords. 2 Katana's and a fantasy-type sword.
- I used to play dungeons and dragons with a bunch of friends, every week, and if they still lived close enough I would do so to this day. Now we gather once a year and either do that, or be dorks in the other way: LAN-party!
- I get up at 2 at night to go and watch the Celtics play, get back in bed at 5 or 6 while I have to go to work at 7 :P
- I eat insane amounts of whatever I can get my hands on (liquorish, meat, junkfood)
- I eat WAY too much McDonnalds (two to three times a week)
- I drink faaaar too much cola/7up etc. It's utterly frustrating to some people that I'm not fat.
- I like: Gilmore girls, Will & Grace and lots of anime.

In short, you guys have no idea how much of a geek I am :') Dunno if all of these are "guilty" pleasures, but believe me, I was ashamed for some of them for a long time.

Shame doesn't quite help you in life though, so I let go of it :P

Please don't be ashamed of Celtics or anything that you eat.  As for fantasy-type swords...

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2009, 06:29:27 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I love Harry Potter books too. I'm a teacher though so I have an excuse.

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2009, 06:35:30 PM »

Kiorrik

Please don't be ashamed of Celtics or anything that you eat.  As for fantasy-type swords...
I knew I shouldn't have added that one :') hahaha

Oh well.

Here, I'll proudly bask in my shame;

I'm sorry for letting you guys down :') hahaha

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2009, 07:54:16 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I'm throwing WWE out there

though I barely watch anymore, I think it's because the product is lousy not that I'm growing up...I hope
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2009, 07:57:48 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
OK, I'll admit I love the Harry Potter books as well.  I also have become a bit addicted to Food network and HGTV (mostly the house hunting shows). 

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2009, 08:13:23 PM »

Offline houseonfire09

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • Thank you Eddie!
I still love the Pokemon games to this day.  I really regret giving my entire collection of the toys and cards to my little cousin, though.
Actually, I still enjoy almost anything that a kid growing up in the mid-late 90's could have liked.
"If David Stern ran the NHL, is there any chance his meal ticket's team would blow a Game 7 in Round 1? Put a pair of skates on Dick Bavetta!" -Bill Simmons

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2009, 10:11:27 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Yeah, Im watching Jersey Shore right now. Upstairs at my house there is a party, there's millenium punch, there everyone is playin rockband..and I snuck downstairs to smoke a cigar and jersey shore is on.

I feel dirty, but I can't look away.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2009, 10:40:31 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
OK, I'll admit I love the Harry Potter books as well.  I also have become a bit addicted to Food network and HGTV (mostly the house hunting shows). 

Thanks, Chris ... I don't feel so alone now in my HP addiction. (Just finished reading all the books again ... for the 7th time! I can't even count at how many times I've watched the movies, haha!) As far as my Star Wars and Star Trek addictions ... that's just a whole other Universe! ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2009, 10:59:55 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Thanks, Chris ... I don't feel so alone now in my HP addiction. (Just finished reading all the books again ... for the 7th time! I can't even count at how many times I've watched the movies, haha!) As far as my Star Wars and Star Trek addictions ... that's just a whole other Universe! ;)

My kids loved the Harry Potter books. I've read some of them out loud 7 or so times.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 01:23:54 AM by BballTim »

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2009, 11:24:45 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I'm going to get absolutely slammed for this I am sure, however I absolutely LOVE watching the Golden Girls. I watched them with my mom when they were new out, and if I am flipping through and see an episode I can't change the channel. How embarrassing is that?!

« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2010, 12:48:50 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

My kids loved the Harry Potter books. I've read some of them ALOUD 7 or so times.

That's what got me into it ... my daughetr worked on me for years, I finally gave in and was hooked, now she's grown and premiers are a tradition for us ... standing in absurd lines at midnight ... and she calls ME for answers to HP trivia ... I think I embarrass her a bit. ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2010, 12:51:05 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I'm going to get absolutely slammed for this I am sure, however I absolutely LOVE watching the Golden Girls. I watched them with my mom when they were new out, and if I am flipping through and see an episode I can't change the channel. How embarrassing is that?!

Hey, it's no worse than me and Harry Potter, and besides, great comedy is timeless ... love the Golden Girls ... Bea Arthur, Estelle Geddes, Betty White ... all geniuses, (was never that crazy about Rue, though).

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2010, 01:15:54 AM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
Q-TIPS! My ears get more love than anyone I know!
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2010, 07:08:52 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Q-TIPS! My ears get more love than anyone I know!

good one...can i count hair trimmer too ;)
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!