Author Topic: NBA 2019-2020 season thread  (Read 396652 times)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 season thread
« Reply #390 on: November 04, 2019, 11:31:58 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Suns looking like they might be the team to hand Philly their 1st loss of the season.  Never would have believed that 2 weeks ago.

Also watching Horford and Baynes go at it right now is like watching this:

Just weird.
lol those guys played here 2 and 3 years, respectively.

But I'd love to get Baynes back. 15/7/6 and  a +17 tonight.

« Reply #391 on: November 04, 2019, 11:49:37 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Suns looking like they might be the team to hand Philly their 1st loss of the season.  Never would have believed that 2 weeks ago.

Also watching Horford and Baynes go at it right now is like watching this:

Just weird.
lol those guys played here 2 and 3 years, respectively.

But I'd love to get Baynes back. 15/7/6 and  a +17 tonight.

Sasheer Zamata has a bit about training men, only for them to break up, and be way better in the next relationship because they've been trained.

I feel like that about Baynes. He is now 15 of 31 from 3.. 10 more made threes and he will have made more than he did for his entire 2-year tenure as a Celtic.

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #392 on: November 05, 2019, 12:44:22 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Apparently only the 2nd time in his career that Horford has scored 25+ points in consecutive games. 

« Reply #393 on: November 05, 2019, 09:08:43 AM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
A G-league team called the "Warriors" beat the Blazers last night.

No Durant. No Steph. No Klay. No Green. No Russell. No problem.

« Reply #394 on: November 05, 2019, 09:23:34 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Well they do have their Draymond replacement in Eric Paschall now lol. Inb4 Kevon Looney becomes Kevin Garnett lite and one of their young guards becomes a star combo guard :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #395 on: November 05, 2019, 01:50:01 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
D. Jordan injured his ankle last night and will have more imaging done to see severity of it. Looks like Kyrie might need to do a little more then a trillion points a game.  :-X

Only 32, 6 rebounds and 8 assists so far a game with his Brooklyn debut. It is his highest assist total ever so far though so that is impressive with that supporting cast.  Going to be tough to improve their playoff seeding without some more help to support the flat one.

Kyrie's offense does appear to not have hit its peak yet though. A healthy Durant and Kyrie at the same time could make them near the top of the food chain for a few years in our conference. A lot of ifs though.  Can you imagine if next year conference finals was the Nets vs Celtics..this place would implode! I would love to see that matchup and us rise above them.

« Reply #396 on: November 05, 2019, 02:33:06 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

The most-fun version of the Warriors (as a franchise) has always been when a bunch of unknown / unappreciated / undersized guys hits a bunch of threes and does improbable stuff in front of an adoring crowd.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #397 on: November 05, 2019, 05:19:37 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
I'm just going to leave this here. For what it's worth, Kemba is right below Brogdon and Lowry. There are 2 other green jerseys, but I can't tell who's wearing them. Maybe Brown and Theis? I'm not really sure.

(through games on Nov. 4)
(click on image to enlarge)

Btw, Aron Baynes is killing it! He ranks among LeBron, Kawhi, Luka, KAT and Mitchell!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 05:44:31 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #398 on: November 05, 2019, 05:39:20 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I'm just going to leave this here. For what it's worth, Kemba is right below Brogdon and Lowry. There are 2 other green jerseys, but I can't tell who's wearing them. Maybe Brown and Theis? I'm not really sure.

The one behind Alex Len looks like it could be Theis.  I can't figure out the other one.

« Reply #399 on: November 05, 2019, 07:34:46 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Btw, Aron Baynes is killing it! He ranks among LeBron, Kawhi, Luka, KAT and Mitchell!
What do defensive points saved and offensive points added really mean?  How are they measured? 

« Reply #400 on: November 05, 2019, 07:35:59 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
D. Jordan injured his ankle last night and will have more imaging done to see severity of it. Looks like Kyrie might need to do a little more then a trillion points a game.  :-X

Only 32, 6 rebounds and 8 assists so far a game with his Brooklyn debut. It is his highest assist total ever so far though so that is impressive with that supporting cast.  Going to be tough to improve their playoff seeding without some more help to support the flat one.

Kyrie's offense does appear to not have hit its peak yet though. A healthy Durant and Kyrie at the same time could make them near the top of the food chain for a few years in our conference. A lot of ifs though.  Can you imagine if next year conference finals was the Nets vs Celtics..this place would implode! I would love to see that matchup and us rise above them.
That's a plus for the Nets.  Allen is better than Jordan. 

« Reply #401 on: November 05, 2019, 07:40:10 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

That's a plus for the Nets.  Allen is better than Jordan.
He is, and that's why he's been getting more minutes, but I still think DJ is a useful bench big-man. 6 points, 9 boards and over a block in roughly 20MPG isn't too bad.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #402 on: November 05, 2019, 07:57:59 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

What do defensive points saved and offensive points added really mean?  How are they measured?
I think it's something close to RAPM, a luck adjusted plus minus stat that accounts for the strength of opponents and quality of teammates.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #403 on: November 05, 2019, 08:20:38 PM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

This is like playing where’s Waldo.  Can’t find Kemba.  Which quadrant?

« Reply #404 on: November 05, 2019, 08:38:34 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

This is like playing where’s Waldo.  Can’t find Kemba.  Which quadrant?

Right horizontal line.