Author Topic: Rate My Fantasy Team  (Read 6511 times)

Rate My Fantasy Team
« on: July 27, 2008, 02:17:45 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
I think there should be an official thread for this, but anyway, I just had my first fantasy draft of the year. 10 team league and I picked first. Here's what I got

1(1)  LaDainian Tomlinson, SD
2(20) Reggie Wayne, Ind
3(21) Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac
4(40) Torry Holt, StL
5(41) Carson Palmer, Cin
6(60) Greg Jennings, GB
7(61) Dallas Clark, Ind
8(80) Chargers D/ST, SD(only cuz 4 other D's were picked b4)
9(81) Marvin Harrison, IND
10(100) DeAngelo Williams, Car
11(101) Felix Jones, Dal
12(120) Ahmad Bradshaw, NYG
13(121) Jake Delhomme, Car
14(140) Isaac Bruce, SF
15(141) Adam Vinatieri, Ind
16(160) Chris Brown, Hou

I think I started off well, but didn't draft the last rounds too well. What do you think?
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

Re: Rate My Fantasy Team
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 02:24:50 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Looks like you drafted 1/2 of the Colts starting offense. That Marvin Harrison pick will probably be the key to your success.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 02:50:04 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
You have an old team.  I think you picked Holt, Harrison and Jennings too high.  I'm not a fan of taking multiple players from one team.  What are you gonna do during the Indy bye?  Or if Indy plays a really good defense and gets held to a few points. 

You do have LT though.  I think Palmer is the key to your success, mainly because Jake Delhomme is Jake Delhomme.       

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 02:53:28 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I think you picked ... Harrison ... too high. 

I've got to disagree with that.  Picking Harrison up with the 81st pick could be a steal.  This guy was picked in the top-25 in a lot of drafts last season; one injury-plagued year, and people are saying he's done.  I don't buy that.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 04:49:35 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
i betcha ahamad bradshaw and chris brown won't be one your roster by week 5

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 12:28:29 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I think it looks great.  I like the Harrison and Jennings picks.  Palmer is obviously the key to your success.  Did anybody else draft Darren Sproles?  I think you need to handcuff him
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 12:38:34 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
ok, I'll use the line...

...Holt, Harrison, and Bruce?  your wide receivers will dominate! ...in 2004
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 01:21:57 PM »

Offline Simey1055

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
I like the Harrison pick since it was in the middle of the draft, but not a fan of MJD so early.  Overall a pretty good team and you always ahve a chance with LT on your squad.

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 01:47:51 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
I would give you a C-.
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 05:11:43 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
I would give you a C-.

I think it deserves a little higher than a C- Champ...

QB - Carson Palmer
RB - LT
RB - Mojo
WR - Wayne
WR - Holt
TE - Clark
D - Chargers
K - AV

That's a starting lineup that will give you a chance to win every week. I'd give it a solid B...Harrison and Holt are on the decline so I'd try to trade one of them right away...target Calvin Johnson or package a few players for Braylon Edwards. I hope you didn't take Torry Holt over Edwards.

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 05:20:37 PM »

• Bill Walton
  • Cool Runnings
Here's the keeper league team I just drafted: 12-team league pick #10, keep 2 players drafted after 6th round from previous year.

QB - Tom Brady (1st rd.)
RB - Marshawn Lynch (2nd rd.)
RB - Adrian Peterson (keeper)
WR - Reggie Wayne (3rd rd.)
WR - Terrell Owens (4th rd)
WR - Wes Welker (5th rd.)
TE - Kellen Winslow (keeper)
K - Stephen Gostkowski (15th rd.)
Def - Minnesota (8th rd.)

Bench:
WR - Calvin Johnson (6th rd.)
RB - Selvin Young (7th rd.)
WR - Javon Walker (9th rd)
QB - Jake Delhomme (10th rd.)
QB - Vince Young (11th rd.)
RB - Ricky Williams (12 rd.)
RB - Jamaal Charles (13th rd.)
TE - Greg Olsen (14th rd.)

I was ecstatic when Brady fell to me, people valued RBs really high as they always do, and the only player not a running back taken in the first 9 picks was Moss. I have high hopes for Marshawn Lynch this year in a run heavy offense. I'll be looking to move a QB at some point during the season, hopefully Delhomme or Young hold up.

A few players I'd suggest targeting:

QB - Carson Palmer: Still an elite talent despite an off year last season, if Johnson is motivated expect big things.

QB - David Garrard: Worth a late round pick, Jerry Porter will help spread the offense, great running attack as well.

RB - Maurice Jones Drew: Kids an unbelievable player, and should see a lot more balls thrown his way this year, could end up being as great a value as Stephen Jackson and Brian Westbrook if you play in a PPR league.

RB - Jonathan Stewart: Great upside pick, I know running back combos can be frustrating, like Deangelo Williams/Foster and Selvin Young/everyone last season, but Stewart is a freak and could be a huge value. Consider DeAngelo a 3rd down back now.

RB - Matt Forte: Going to be the starter, great guy and hard runner...complete opposite of Cedric Benson.

WR - Steve Smith: All-around thug, but having Delhomme back will help, still a top wideout talent wise.

WR - Calvin Johnson: A huge, young talent. Could be a major force. Pair him with Roy Williams and that's a tough combo to cover, expect big TD numbers.

TE - Vernon Davis: Playing in Mike Martz's pass happy system, should see a lot of balls come his way. Lack of QB hurts, but worth a late round pick due to some upside.

TE - Greg Olsen: One of the best catching TEs in football, not the starter yet, but too big a weapon to pass up.

A few players I chose to avoid:

QB - Matt Hasselbeck: O-line not as good...receivers not as good...RBs not as good...

RB - Willis McGahee: Two words - Ray Rice - Expect him to be a 3rd down back due to his pass catching ability and nice goaline weapon, plus I think Willis is soft.

RB - Darren McFadden: Overvalued, everyone will be trying to get this years AP.

RB - Rashard Mendenhall: Willie Parker still there, hate RB duos, however great value if Parker goes down.

WR - Donald Driver: Jennings takes over as #1 WR on the team, numbers down last year.

WR - Marvin Harrison: Gonzalez looks ready to contribute, and knee injuries on older receivers are not good.

TE - Antonio Gates: Surgery during the offseason, overvalued, plenty of depth at TE position this year. 

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 06:22:31 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Here's the keeper league team I just drafted: 12-team league pick #10, keep 2 players drafted after 6th round from previous year.

QB - Tom Brady (1st rd.)

Bench:

I was ecstatic when Brady fell to me, people valued RBs really high as they always do, and the only player not a running back taken in the first 9 picks was Moss. I have high hopes for Marshawn Lynch this year in a run heavy offense. I'll be looking to move a QB at some point during the season, hopefully Delhomme or Young hold up.

QB - Carson Palmer: Still an elite talent despite an off year last season, if Johnson is motivated expect big things.

QB - David Garrard: Worth a late round pick, Jerry Porter will help spread the offense, great running attack as well.

RB - Maurice Jones Drew: Kids an unbelievable player, and should see a lot more balls thrown his way this year, could end up being as great a value as Stephen Jackson and Brian Westbrook if you play in a PPR league.

RB - Jonathan Stewart: Great upside pick, I know running back combos can be frustrating, like Deangelo Williams/Foster and Selvin Young/everyone last season, but Stewart is a freak and could be a huge value. Consider DeAngelo a 3rd down back now.

RB - Matt Forte: Going to be the starter, great guy and hard runner...complete opposite of Cedric Benson.

WR - Steve Smith: All-around thug, but having Delhomme back will help, still a top wideout talent wise.

WR - Calvin Johnson: A huge, young talent. Could be a major force. Pair him with Roy Williams and that's a tough combo to cover, expect big TD numbers.

TE - Vernon Davis: Playing in Mike Martz's pass happy system, should see a lot of balls come his way. Lack of QB hurts, but worth a late round pick due to some upside.

TE - Greg Olsen: One of the best catching TEs in football, not the starter yet, but too big a weapon to pass up.

QB - Matt Hasselbeck: O-line not as good...receivers not as good...RBs not as good...

RB - Willis McGahee: Two words - Ray Rice - Expect him to be a 3rd down back due to his pass catching ability and nice goaline weapon, plus I think Willis is soft.

RB - Rashard Mendenhall: Willie Parker still there, hate RB duos, however great value if Parker goes down.

WR - Donald Driver: Jennings takes over as #1 WR on the team, numbers down last year.

WR - Marvin Harrison: Gonzalez looks ready to contribute, and knee injuries on older receivers are not good.

TE - Antonio Gates: Surgery during the offseason, overvalued, plenty of depth at TE position this year. 

You got lucky with Brady.  My question is who chose not to keep Brady?!

While we're here, Wayne and Owens and Lynch?  Who are you playing FFB with, the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?

I agree with your players to watch list... Would you take MJD with your 2nd round pick?  Non keeper league?  I guess what I'm asking is where does he rank on your big board? 

I think he's gonna break out big time.  I think he'll be a top 5 back this year.   

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 07:01:19 PM »

• Bill Walton
  • Cool Runnings

QB - Tom Brady (1st rd.)

Bench:

You got lucky with Brady.  My question is who chose not to keep Brady?!

While we're here, Wayne and Owens and Lynch?  Who are you playing FFB with, the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?

I agree with your players to watch list... Would you take MJD with your 2nd round pick?  Non keeper league?  I guess what I'm asking is where does he rank on your big board? 

I think he's gonna break out big time.  I think he'll be a top 5 back this year.   

In order to keep someone they have to be drafted after the 6th round the year before. I couldn't believe Owens and Wayne were there either, Moss, Andre Johnson, Chad Johnson, Fitzgerald went before them...was really weird.

I'd definitely use a second round pick on Mojo...If I had to rank RBs it would be something like this:

1. LT
2. AP
3. Stephen Jackson
4. Joe Addai
5. Brian Westbrook
6. Clinton Portis
7. Frank Gore
8. Marshawn Lynch
9. Marion Barber (would be higher but Felix Jones could take some TDs)
10. Mojo
11. Larry Johnson
12. Willis McGahee
13. Ryan Grant
14. Reggie Bush (ranked higher in PPR leagues)
15. Jamal Lewis

Also, keep and eye on Michael Turner and Ronnie Brown's knee.