Author Topic: Tristan Thompson signing with Cs  (Read 44595 times)

Re: Tristan Thompson signing with Cs
« Reply #180 on: November 24, 2020, 01:44:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The more clips I watch, the more I'm impressed with his mobility for someone as strong as he is. He's really strong but he has quick feet. I think he's going to fit Brad's defense really well.

He has another level motor also. Like Smart

He initiates contact

The best thing I like about the guy is coming out with rebounds. Not just boxing out but boxing out and coming out with clutch rebounds on both ends

One of the best O rebounders in the league

Still kind of surprised Lebron didnt want him on the lakers over Harrell. Maybe they were looking for more scoring and intel on the Clippers

« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2020, 03:12:12 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The more clips I watch, the more I'm impressed with his mobility for someone as strong as he is. He's really strong but he has quick feet. I think he's going to fit Brad's defense really well.

He initiates contact

The best thing I like about the guy is coming out with rebounds. Not just boxing out but boxing out and coming out with clutch rebounds on both ends

Still kind of surprised Lebron didnt want him on the lakers over Harrell. Maybe they were looking for more scoring and intel on the Clippers
like Smart he will frustrate the crap out of you.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #182 on: November 24, 2020, 03:55:16 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

He initiates contact

Some days he sleepwalks right through games. Other days he plays like a beast.

« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2020, 03:57:25 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
You know what surprised me about this signing?  We've been hearing about Thompson forever, yet he's only 29!  A potential 10/10 guy on the C's still really in his prime, although maybe on the shorter side of it.  I might not have given this signing a proper grade.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2020, 04:02:02 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

He initiates contact

If Thompson frustrates the crap out of us, imagine how fast the fans would have turned on Turner. Boston fans appreciate effort - that's why they are so in love with Smart.

« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2020, 04:11:35 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
We ended up with cheaper AND better players in Thompson and Teague, but fans just can't shake the feeling that Hayward walked for nothing.

Weird.

« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2020, 04:35:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
We ended up with cheaper AND better players in Thompson and Teague, but fans just can't shake the feeling that Hayward walked for nothing.

Weird.

Its because Hornets gm/Jordan are smokin the special

« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2020, 04:44:01 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Weird.

I suspect Jordan spends more time and focus on golf and other leisurely activities than he does on running his team.

« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2020, 04:46:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Weird.

I suspect Jordan spends more time and focus on golf and other leisurely activities than he does on running his team.

Maybe not this time

He called GH.... "please join us... I will give you $$$"

« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2020, 05:02:06 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

Weird.

actually, i think it is all because MJ is just not very good at what he does.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2020, 05:02:38 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
One thing I noticed about Thompson's 5-man units stats on 82 games is that he played the vast majority of his minutes with either Love or Nance on the floor (like 95% plus), meaning a traditional 2-big (PF-C) line up.  I expect in Boston he will play a lot with 3 wings and a PG.  I wonder how that will change his effectiveness.  He should get more rebounds I guess for one.  He doesn't have a shot so he isn't a threat with the ball or to force spacing.  Should be interesting to see how the Celtics use him and if it results in more production or benefit to the team.

« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2020, 05:14:21 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Weird.

Maybe not this time

He called GH.... "please join us... I will give you $$$"

While playing blackjack for tens of thousands, drinking a hundred dollar glass of scotch, and smoking a Cuban cigar.

« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2020, 05:32:45 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm excited for Thompson, he combines a lot of the best characteristics of previous big men. He's similar to Theis in his ability to defend the perimeter and set screens, he rebounds and defends traditional centers like Kanter. He might even end up hitting some 3's for us.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2020, 06:00:22 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
One thing I noticed about Thompson's 5-man units stats on 82 games is that he played the vast majority of his minutes with either Love or Nance on the floor (like 95% plus), meaning a traditional 2-big (PF-C) line up.  I expect in Boston he will play a lot with 3 wings and a PG.  I wonder how that will change his effectiveness.  He should get more rebounds I guess for one.  He doesn't have a shot so he isn't a threat with the ball or to force spacing.  Should be interesting to see how the Celtics use him and if it results in more production or benefit to the team.
i think he will see his pick and roll opportunities increase for one thing. next, i suspect that he will be spending a lot of time setting picks, something he is really quite good at.

i think he will fit in well on defense and for assisting scorers get open. as for his offense, anything he provides is a bonus.

he and theis are likely to split time, which will limit his shortcomings. plus, being in the Brad Machine (TM) should maximize his strong points and lessen his bad points.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #194 on: November 25, 2020, 09:21:54 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Unfortunately Khloe Kardashian will not be moving to Boston with Tristan
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/khlo-kardashian-decided-not-move-130000080.html