Author Topic: Welcome Back Abby  (Read 2963 times)

Welcome Back Abby
« on: December 14, 2020, 09:59:33 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
"Abby Chin is returning to the network as the host of its Celtics pregame and postgame coverage, the network will announce Monday."

Personally, I think this is a good move.  I liked her knowledge and what she brought.  She reminds me of a young Jackie M.

https://www.boston.com/sports/media/2020/12/14/abby-chin-hired-nbc-sports-boston-celtics
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Re: Welcome Back Abby
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 10:09:18 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
"Abby Chin is returning to the network as the host of its Celtics pregame and postgame coverage, the network will announce Monday."

Personally, I think this is a good move.  I liked her knowledge and what she brought.  She reminds me of a young Jackie M.

https://www.boston.com/sports/media/2020/12/14/abby-chin-hired-nbc-sports-boston-celtics

Great! She is a very likeable person. Jackie M seems to be a very knowledgeable sports reporter and writer and I haven't seen much of Abby's writing to agree on your assessment but she is a positive person and a great TV person.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 10:11:44 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Great news. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 10:13:36 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
awesome.  2020 isn't a complete loss with the return of Abby and departure of Draper.  there is some light at the end of this tunnel

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 10:22:50 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Thank you for the update. TP

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 10:31:54 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
awesome.  2020 isn't a complete loss with the return of Abby and departure of Draper.  there is some light at the end of this tunnel

Maybe the first sign that as we head out of 2020, things will start getting better.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 11:20:15 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Abby's likeable, but she's not Jacki M.

Things are going to get worse in 2021 before they get better because of the January coup attempt and the economic and public health disaster resulting from the failure to contain CV-19. If the coup doesn't fail, then we're living in a dictatorship and they never end well.

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 11:25:54 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Things are going to get worse in 2021 before they get better because of the January coup attempt and the economic and public health disaster resulting from the failure to contain CV-19. If the coup doesn't fail, then we're living in a dictatorship and they never end well.

Just breathe.

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2020, 11:43:21 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Nice to get Abby Chin back with the Cs. Will she still do sidelines?

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2020, 12:41:57 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Great! She is a very likeable person. Jackie M seems to be a very knowledgeable sports reporter and writer and I haven't seen much of Abby's writing to agree on your assessment but she is a positive person and a great TV person.

Yes. Maybe Abbey would be a fine reporter, but that's not really her role on TV.  Jackie cut her chops as a "nose to the grindstone" newspaper reporter.  They're both good at what they do, but tough to compare the two besides them both being female and specializing on hoops coverage.
Yup

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2020, 01:35:13 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Abby is definitely a Celtics fan which is an upgrade over Philly Drapes. She is also much more likeable.

My one issue with Abby is she stumbles over her words a lot. I don't know why it bothers me but it does.
ok fine

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2020, 02:54:14 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

That's a good question. I wonder if they'll just skip out on sideline coverage for this season (with her doing the same reporting, but from the studio), and then figure things out next year. That'd be out the window if she starts hosting the halftime show as well, though
I'm bitter.

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2020, 03:16:27 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

That's a good question. I wonder if they'll just skip out on sideline coverage for this season (with her doing the same reporting, but from the studio), and then figure things out next year. That'd be out the window if she starts hosting the halftime show as well, though

I do think having a sideline reporter does help in some cases such as an injury update that a reporter could get a better and more accurate information if she's on the court.

By the way, is Scalabrine the official Tommy Heinsohn replacement?
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2020, 06:30:51 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

I do think having a sideline reporter does help in some cases such as an injury update that a reporter could get a better and more accurate information if she's on the court.

I think he's been for a while...I'm curious to know who Mike Gorman's sub is going to be. I don't think Mike is planning to call every game this season, even if they will be calling them from the studio.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2020, 06:42:33 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I think he's been for a while...I'm curious to know who Mike Gorman's sub is going to be. I don't think Mike is planning to call every game this season, even if they will be calling them from the studio.

Let’s get Grande in there.