Author Topic: Key to Game 4  (Read 4422 times)

Re: Key to Game 4
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2018, 10:21:33 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
James is going to play point forward once again and get everyone involved. Then he will try to take over.

He realizes that he cannot go out like he did in game 2 because it took every bit of energy out of him.

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2018, 10:23:30 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
James is going to play point forward once again and get everyone involved. Then he will try to take over.

He realizes that he cannot go out like he did in game 2 because it took every bit of energy out of him.
He was pretty gassed in game 3 early too. He's definitely feeling the weight of this season and the minutes he has played.

The C's need to play better to have that matter though.

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2018, 11:14:21 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591

We're over-thinking this too much.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2018, 11:23:42 AM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119

He was pretty gassed in game 3 early too. He's definitely feeling the weight of this season and the minutes he has played.

He was able to play point-forward because his teammates were aggressive and shooting the ball well. I'd rather Lebron have a monster game and his teammates be cold than vice versa. I thought we did a pretty poor job defensively of making things uncomfortable for their shooters and role players, which can't happen again.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2018, 11:31:33 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
The Key to game 4 is getting Al involved.
The Cavs said it themselves, their gameplan was to disrupt Horford in the offense, and that they did.
Our entire offense runs through Al, regardless if he is shooting or not. His screens, passes etc. were just not there in game 3.. C's need to find a way to get him involved early on. 

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2018, 11:33:05 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591

He was able to play point-forward because his teammates were aggressive and shooting the ball well. I'd rather Lebron have a monster game and his teammates be cold than vice versa. I thought we did a pretty poor job defensively of making things uncomfortable for their shooters and role players, which can't happen again.

Make his team beat you, letting LeRoid do it never works out. Toronto found that out the hard way.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2018, 12:07:33 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
These are the type of games where Kyrie is needed. On Saturday we needed someone to go get some buckets to calm everyone down. Who will be that person...I say Tatum.

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2018, 12:08:47 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Play the level of defense this team can.   

Hope that one of the young guys get hot early and can hold the offense together until the other young guys get hot. 

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2018, 12:10:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
One thing's for sure, they have to start fast or at least not fall behind by 10+ early.

First 8 minutes will tell us a lot about how this game goes. If they stay close or even lead after about 8 minutes, we're in good position. If we fall behind by like 12+, it's going to be a long night again I imagine.

We've started poorly in 5 of our 6 road games (with ice cold offense and/or putrid defense). Our lone road game that we started well, guess what, we won! (Game 3 @PHI). Doesn't sound like a coincidence to me.

Our best chance at winning is if we come out strong, fast, and play with hustle. If we play our game and dictate a lot of things, we can also tire them out and/or get them frustrated with each other. When the going gets rough, you can tell that team starts turning on each other (the chemistry isn't that great in CLE).

Lebron can get his 35+, so long as we contain their role players as best as we can. It was baffling how JR and Hill got that many wide open looks in the first half of Game 3....
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2018, 12:26:15 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Need to be in the lead or within a few after the first quarter.

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2018, 12:29:08 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I don't think this is going to come down to some minor adjustment that we make or Cleveland makes.  If Cleveland decides to show up and play, they probably win.

What I would like to see is the Celtics keep it close enough so that maybe something bounces are way and we steal a game.  Easier said than done but just play in control, stick to the plan, hope they miss some shots, and try to steal it in the end.

Jaylen Brown had a bad game 3 so i do expect him to be better.  We need his scoring.  He had flurry at the end but it was too late.  If he can give us a little more, maybe that is enough to keep it close.

I also wonder if they should try to throw some zone defense at them, just as a change of pace.  Cleveland settled in last game with their schemes and maybe we could throw them off for a short stretch with a zone.  I would not expect it to work for other than to catch them off guard for a shot stretch.

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2018, 12:39:14 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Brace yourselves....we are going back to game three.

The first 7 minutes and 17 seconds yielded the following for the Celtics:

10 FG attempts
4 points
3 turnovers

The Cavs put 20 points on this effort.

Key to game is don't shoot 37 freaking percent against Cleveland in their gym.