Author Topic: NBA Season 2016-2017  (Read 355177 times)

Re: NBA Season 2016-2017
« Reply #720 on: December 21, 2016, 01:10:45 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
The Kings are an absolute disaster lol They were up by like 8, and they let Portland have a 10-0 run to put them back up after settling for contested jumpers.

Boogie's big night is going to be wasted yet again. 46 points with 2:25 to go.

49 after a Boogie triple to put them up 1. Wow. This guy can do it all. How do some people not want him on our team?!

EDIT: OMG, he did it again lol 52 now!
I don't get that perspective either. He is a generational player, a rare talent. Cousins, AD and KAT will be the dominant big men for quite a while.  I have always been on board.

And despite this incredible individual performance, the Kings still might not win.

Not watching, but how did he just get tossed???

I'm not sure what happened now. He was called for a T for yelling at the Blazers bench and spitting his mouthpiece out, but then they rescinded the T somehow. Bizarre occurrence. It clearly looked like a T, and Demarcus had already went to the locker rooms before being called back. lol

« Reply #721 on: December 21, 2016, 01:11:54 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
The Kings are an absolute disaster lol They were up by like 8, and they let Portland have a 10-0 run to put them back up after settling for contested jumpers.

49 after a Boogie triple to put them up 1. Wow. This guy can do it all. How do some people not want him on our team?!

I don't get that perspective either. He is a generational player, a rare talent. Cousins, AD and KAT will be the dominant big men for quite a while.  I have always been on board.

And despite this incredible individual performance, the Kings still might not win.

I'm not sure what happened now. He was called for a T for yelling at the Blazers bench and spitting his mouthpiece out, but then they rescinded the T somehow. Bizarre occurrence. It clearly looked like a T, and Demarcus had already went to the locker rooms before being called back. lol

Did they rescind a T, or think he had one already in the game?

« Reply #722 on: December 21, 2016, 01:12:55 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
And then a block on Lillard to seal the game. Wow. Incredible, all-time performance, regardless of what happened with the technical foul.

« Reply #723 on: December 21, 2016, 01:13:22 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

They rescinded it.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #724 on: December 21, 2016, 01:14:42 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

No, they actually rescinded it. He already had one from a double-T situation earlier.

They claimed afterwards that his mouthpiece "accidentally" came out rather than him spitting it out. But that's bogus - he clearly spit it out, even their own announcers were saying that. Very, very bizarre occurrence, and I'm not even sure if that's legal of them to rescind the T like that.

EDIT: THey didn't even review it either. Total misstep by them. I'm sure the league will hear about that. Cousins is already nearing suspension territory with technical fouls, too.

« Reply #725 on: December 21, 2016, 01:18:05 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

No, they actually rescinded it. He already had one from a double-T situation earlier.

They claimed afterwards that his mouthpiece "accidentally" came out rather than him spitting it out. But that's bogus - he clearly spit it out, even their own announcers were saying that. Very, very bizarre occurrence, and I'm not even sure if that's legal of them to rescind the T like that.

EDIT: THey didn't even review it either. Total misstep by them. I'm sure the league will hear about that. Cousins is already nearing suspension territory with technical fouls, too.

It's probably legal, since a T is a judgment call and something officials can confer over.  Still weird tho.  Glad he didn't get ejected on his big night.  55 and 13 on that kind of efficiency is pretty great.

« Reply #726 on: December 21, 2016, 01:21:06 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Boogie ended up with 55 points (on 17-28 fgs, 5-8 3pfgs, and 16-17 FTs), 13 rebounds, 3 blks, 1 ast, 1 stl, and 5 TOVs.

Crazy game. Was hoping that big game for him would go for naught, but they were able to pull it out with some help from the refs.

But Cousins will probably get some more word from the league. He ripped the refs pretty hard in the postgame interview. Never a dull moment with this guy.

Seriously, check out that postgame interview. I understand that it was an emotional time, but it was pretty out there. He literally thinks the world is out to get him.

« Reply #727 on: December 21, 2016, 01:30:50 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Here's the play in question. It's pretty clear that he spit that out. Posters are losing their minds over at Sactown Royalty with the refs enabling Boogie and that crazy interview he gave. lol

https://twitter.com/MAD_Marvin/status/811456598887440385

https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/811455199717912576?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

And here's his postgame interview, though it was much worse that it sounds without the emotion involved:

https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/811458872619646976/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

On the ejection:

"It's ridiculous. It's obvious what's being done out here. It's a nightly basis. I hope the world can see now what's going on out here. It's getting ridiculous. It's really ridiculous."

On if the mouthguard came out accidentally:

"Yes, man. Yes. This is ridiculous, man. Ridiculous."

On Portland's physical game plan:

"That was light, man. I know what their game scheme is every night. They're hyping up their big man over there. He thinks he's a stopper. It's not happening. I brought him back to reality."

They cut his mic before he could say anything else.

EDIT: Here's the actual video. They legitimately cut his mic lol

https://twitter.com/outsidethenba/status/811456526665809924
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 01:39:49 AM by jpotter33 »

« Reply #728 on: December 21, 2016, 01:50:08 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Here's the play in question. It's pretty clear that he spit that out. Posters are losing their minds over at Sactown Royalty with the refs enabling Boogie and that crazy interview he gave. lol

And here's his postgame interview, though it was much worse that it sounds without the emotion involved:

https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/811458872619646976/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

On the ejection:

"It's ridiculous. It's obvious what's being done out here. It's a nightly basis. I hope the world can see now what's going on out here. It's getting ridiculous. It's really ridiculous."

"That was light, man. I know what their game scheme is every night. They're hyping up their big man over there. He thinks he's a stopper. It's not happening. I brought him back to reality."

He clearly spit his mouth piece out on purpose and then was ranting and lying about it after the game.  That said, you can see what a motivated Boogie can do.  55 points on 28 shots.  16-17 free throws, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks, 5-8 on 3's.  I want him on the C's and would gamble on his attitude problem.

« Reply #729 on: December 21, 2016, 02:42:18 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

On the ejection:

He clearly spit his mouth piece out on purpose and then was ranting and lying about it after the game.  That said, you can see what a motivated Boogie can do.  55 points on 28 shots.  16-17 free throws, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks, 5-8 on 3's.  I want him on the C's and would gamble on his attitude problem.
he evidently thought they were hyping up Meyers Leonard? lol thats nuts. That said, Boogie dropped 55 and Leonard had 0 points and 5 fouls. He made Leonard his Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #730 on: December 21, 2016, 03:11:57 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Wrong thread.  Boogie is out of control, though. He has been at his worst of late.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #731 on: December 22, 2016, 02:32:38 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Anyone else wondering about the vast chasm between the 7th and 8th seed western conference teams?
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #732 on: December 22, 2016, 03:46:29 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Anyone else wondering about the vast chasm between the 7th and 8th seed western conference teams?

It's crazy. I am not convinced that Portland will figure it out. A truly bad team like Sacramento, Denver,  Lakers or Pelicans will make the playoffs if they don't

« Reply #733 on: December 22, 2016, 06:49:08 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2418

It's crazy. I am not convinced that Portland will figure it out. A truly bad team like Sacramento, Denver,  Lakers or Pelicans will make the playoffs if they don't

What has happened to Portland?

Why is their defense so much worse last year? It is pretty much the same roster.

« Reply #734 on: December 22, 2016, 11:14:09 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
DeAndre Jordan is a limited player, but he is really fantastic. Super underappreciated guy.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers