Author Topic: Would you trade...  (Read 1257 times)

Would you trade...
« on: June 14, 2018, 01:48:08 PM »

Online droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Next year's Sac/Philly pick back to the sixers for Markelle Fultz?

;D

Re: Would you trade...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 01:52:18 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Next year's Sac/Philly pick back to the sixers for Markelle Fultz?

;D

To be honest? If Charles Bassey had not reclassified.. I would've said yes. I still think Fultz's issue can be fixed by proper coaching. I'm not ready to give up on him, and I think in time he'll become a deadly scorer. Brett Brown is an excellent choice, but the 76ers FO/GM were just awful in how they treated his situation.

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 01:56:38 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Tough call trading uncertainty for uncertainty

My gut tells me Fultz will still be a tremendous player though.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 02:09:04 PM »

Online droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I put it up halfheartedly but I think the question is interesting, and could be wrought with irony if it ever happened.  Can you imagine fultz coming to the celts and turning it around?  It would be like the celts getting fultz for literally NOTHING. 

For the record, I would do it, as I expect a pick will end up in the 8-12 range.  And irony aside, I don't think the sixers would.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 02:31:34 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Absolutely not. I barely thought he was worth a first round pick last year, never mind being a lottery pick. He is dealing with a mental issue now, that may be impossible to overcome. To me, it would be like trading a lottery pick for a second rounder. Plus, does anyone want to waste over $8 million next season on a player that may never play?

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 02:39:10 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I wouldn't for 3 reasons:
1.  We already have Kyrie and in spite of the contract/trade chatter going on, I fully expect him ready to play throughout his current deal and to sign his next contract in Boston.  No need for Fultz as a backup.
2. I have doubts that Fultz lives up to being "top draft pick" expectations.  He may get straightened out eventually and be a decent to good pro but I'd rather him fix himself at someone else's expense.
3. I truly believe that Sac pick is top 5 next year.  Whether it's stacked with top prospects deep enough to reach the Sac pick's slot next year or not, I have confidence Danny will land a really good player that will help push this team to continued title contention.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 02:54:55 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
No.

I think Fultz will eventually be a good player, but IMO, we should save that asset on the hopes that we can find Horford's eventual replacement with it. Plus if we hold onto Smart, we're going to have a glut of guards and wings.

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 03:11:35 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Plus, does anyone want to waste over $8 million next season on a player that may never play?

I think this is why it it's a nonstarter.

The pick pushes that salary commitment back a season, had longer team control and isn't a distressed asset.

If I we Philly if try to move Fultz before the draft to move up.

Who says no?

Fultz + 10 to Orlando for #6