Other Discussions > Other / General Sports

CBS Sports HQ

(1/1)

jambr380:
Apparently I missed the boat on this as it was launched last year, but I figured I would pass on this information for those who also missed it and might be interested.

What CBS Sports HQ is a 24/7 live sports news network - think Sportscenter or or old school ESPN News. Why this is important is because to watch Sportscenter, you need to have cable or a live tv streaming service (Hulu Live, Sling, Youtube tv, etc). I currently have Hulu Live, but the only thing I watch on it is, you guessed it, Sportscenter.

I have watched a bit of CBS Sports HQ and I have to say it is pretty decent. It is certainly not flashy, but it great to have on in the background (my biggest problem with Netflix or regular Hulu). As an app that you can download to any device, it is certainly worth looking into for those who don't want to pay for live tv or streaming services.

Hope this helps at least one person!  :D

https://www.cbssports.com/cbs-sports-hq/

wil:
Thanks!  I hadn't heard about this, and just downloaded it.  I have the same problem of not having anything on in the background after ditching cable. 

jambr380:
Cool - I am glad you are giving it a shot. Honestly, I don't hate ESPN like so many others, but there are a LOT of shows across all of their channels that I just don't care about.

Of course I am interested when there is a game on (that I care about), but there are so many streaming options now that it just isn't as necessary.

This one app is likely to make me return to just my regular $7.99 Hulu and Netflix. There are also some pretty good antennas out there for live local programming  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version