Rozier and Williams for Bryant and Satoransky
1 (6.3%)
Keep Rozier, he is the new Irving
6 (37.5%)
Silky makes good cookies
8 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: February 16, 2019, 02:57:27 PM

Author Topic: Rozier to Washington idea  (Read 5701 times)

Re: Rozier to Washington idea
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 05:17:14 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
You guys have it all wrong; if we trade Rozier, it has to be for draft picks as assets to upgrade our Davis offer 7/1.

What draft picks are we going to get for him?  I doubt we're getting a first rounder.  How about trading him for a player under contract next year who can be used to contribute to matching salaries for Davis?  Ideally a guy who can even help us this year.

I think Phoenix is an ideal trading partner. Something like:

Phoenix: Rozier, Yabu

Boston: Troy Daniels, Milwaukee's 2019 1st round pick (protected 1-3 and 17-30 in 2019; 1-7 in 2020; and unprotected in 2021)

Daniels would be a good addition for us as a shooter off the bench this year, and the Milwaukee pick would be a good addition to the AD trade, especially with the Sacramento pick continuing to lose value as they win more.

Further, between the salary savings in this deal and finding a team to take and waive Bird, you come really close to being under the taxpayer threshold, though I don't think that this quite gets us there.

I don't think we're getting under the luxury tax this year.  I was thinking along the lines of acquiring a player who can help now and serve as salary filler when matching Davis' salary if we trade for him in the summer.

I'm thinking the same. We need salary to send out in an AD trade or we have to toss in Smart. Smart looks like he'll keep improving and I'd hate to lose him as a salary toss in because we can't match salaries.

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 05:18:37 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I was wondering about getting P. Beverley from the Clips for Cash, a second round pick, Rozier and Bird? If the Clips are just tanking the season they might dump Beverley and he would be a great fit here in Boston.

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2019, 05:26:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I hope   Dekker is never a Celtic

+ 1

he is strange looking dude  :)

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 05:37:51 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
You guys have it all wrong; if we trade Rozier, it has to be for draft picks as assets to upgrade our Davis offer 7/1.

I hope this is sarcasm. Davis isn't coming to Boston. Sorry to kill the dream.

I don't think any of those deals move the needle. The Celtics may end up needing a PG if Irving walks, which I think is a legit possibility.

Smart's salary came in a little lower than many here thought. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rozier market is limited.

Rozier does not fit this team.

If Kyrie walks then we save all assets amd rebuild again and in no way should rozier be a part of that.

I see them rebuilding on the fly while continuing to win games if Kyrie walks. I don't see a traditional yard sale rebuild in the Celtics future.

I'm not sure what Terry Rozier is or what he will become. He's impressed me at times. I'm not saying that I care too much about Rozier, but I liked him more than Bledsoe in last year's playoffs and think he can continue to show flashes. I think its going to be tough for him to get big $ to start on another team.

Even a rebuild on the fly is not gping to involve a 15 mill plus per season rozier.

I see no logical argument to losing a player for nothing.

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2019, 05:38:43 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
I hope   Dekker is never a Celtic

I would assume he would be bought out to save tax

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2019, 05:44:16 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I really like the idea of Satoranski(sp?) on the Celtics but unfortunately I don’t think the wizards would be interested.  Scott’s Brooks loves Thomas and there are already people that think the team plays better when he runs the offense.

Also, the wiz are already in salary cap hell, they’re not gonna be able to give Terry the money he’s gonna want, so he’d essentially be s rental

Then again, Ernie Grunfield is stupid and he’s trying to save his job every year out there with dumb short sighted moves.
I think Thomas is under contract for at least 1 more year. Washington might be interested in taking on Rozier as what is effectively an expiring contract to free up salary/luxary tax next season, especially if the Celtics add some cash to the deal to help them with this year's luxary tax.

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2019, 05:49:26 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I really like the idea of Satoranski(sp?) on the Celtics but unfortunately I don’t think the wizards would be interested.  Scott’s Brooks loves Thomas and there are already people that think the team plays better when he runs the offense.

Also, the wiz are already in salary cap hell, they’re not gonna be able to give Terry the money he’s gonna want, so he’d essentially be s rental

Then again, Ernie Grunfield is stupid and he’s trying to save his job every year out there with dumb short sighted moves.
I think Thomas is under contract for at least 1 more year. Washington might be interested in taking on Rozier as what is effectively an expiring contract to free up salary/luxary tax next season, especially if the Celtics add some cash to the deal to help them with this year's luxary tax.

It would be a better fit for the Celtics.

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2019, 05:57:26 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Satoransky is a restricted free agent this summer, just like Rozier.  Both will likely sign elsewhere due to financial constraints of their current team, although Rozier will get the higher offers.  I don’t think Washington can afford to keep Rozier if they traded for him.  Doing so would put them well into the tax again, and commit $55-60 million to the PG positiom, even if the majority of that money is going to someone who will likely be out all year.

The Wizards’ best move would be to trade Beal and Porter for picks and prospects, as well as long-term salary space, and ride out the Wall years if he can’t get back to his old form, but still be in a position to make some moves in trades and free agency if he comes back at 90-95% of what he was.

That team needed to be torn asunder anyway, and this injury just hastens that necessity.

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2019, 06:03:05 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Him amd bryant are the best fit.

Satoransky can play amd defend pg off the bench with hayward.

I think nyk stikes out this offseason again and will look to get a marquee name amd will be a destination for a wall trade and rozier will become long term starter for washington.

Bryant is no slouch either.

Allowing horf to switch to pf will be huge moving.

Even thougj its my poll...rozier and williams for sato and bryant works all around

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2019, 06:04:12 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Satoransky is a restricted free agent this summer, just like Rozier.  Both will likely sign elsewhere due to financial constraints of their current team, although Rozier will get the higher offers.  I don’t think Washington can afford to keep Rozier if they traded for him.  Doing so would put them well into the tax again, and commit $55-60 million to the PG positiom, even if the majority of that money is going to someone who will likely be out all year.

The Wizards’ best move would be to trade Beal and Porter for picks and prospects, as well as long-term salary space, and ride out the Wall years if he can’t get back to his old form, but still be in a position to make some moves in trades and free agency if he comes back at 90-95% of what he was.

That team needed to be torn asunder anyway, and this injury just hastens that necessity.

Wall will end up a knick by start of next season in a panic move because nyk will not sign any stars.

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2019, 06:18:20 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

What draft picks are we going to get for him?  I doubt we're getting a first rounder.  How about trading him for a player under contract next year who can be used to contribute to matching salaries for Davis?  Ideally a guy who can even help us this year.

Boston: Troy Daniels, Milwaukee's 2019 1st round pick (protected 1-3 and 17-30 in 2019; 1-7 in 2020; and unprotected in 2021)

Daniels would be a good addition for us as a shooter off the bench this year, and the Milwaukee pick would be a good addition to the AD trade, especially with the Sacramento pick continuing to lose value as they win more.

Further, between the salary savings in this deal and finding a team to take and waive Bird, you come really close to being under the taxpayer threshold, though I don't think that this quite gets us there.

I don't think we're getting under the luxury tax this year.  I was thinking along the lines of acquiring a player who can help now and serve as salary filler when matching Davis' salary if we trade for him in the summer.

I'm thinking the same. We need salary to send out in an AD trade or we have to toss in Smart. Smart looks like he'll keep improving and I'd hate to lose him as a salary toss in because we can't match salaries.

I'm wondering how we can send out Tatum and keep Smart and Brown.  It's going to be tough to match salaries.  Like you, I really want to hold onto Smart... even more than Brown.

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2019, 06:22:40 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I don't think any of those deals move the needle. The Celtics may end up needing a PG if Irving walks, which I think is a legit possibility.

Smart's salary came in a little lower than many here thought. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rozier market is limited.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2019, 06:31:31 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

He might want to inform Demps and Ainge about this because neither seem to be aware of this fact.

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2019, 06:33:45 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

I'm wondering how we can send out Tatum and keep Smart and Brown.  It's going to be tough to match salaries.  Like you, I really want to hold onto Smart... even more than Brown.

If you want to keep Smart then you make Horford part of the package.

Looking at salaries, Celts must include either Smart or Horford in the package for AD.

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2019, 06:38:39 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I'm wondering how we can send out Tatum and keep Smart and Brown. It's going to be tough to match salaries.  Like you, I really want to hold onto Smart... even more than Brown.

It will be tough and I don't see how the Celts can pull it off. Looking at the salaries, the Celts will have to deal a package of Tatum, Smart, and either Yabusele OR Ojeleye and R Williams (depending on what the Pelicans want.) I'd also hate to lose Smart, but again if it means pairing A.Davs with Kyrie, you have to do it (draft picks will also have to be included.)

And maybe that's why Ainge is so hesitant to deal Rozier. Not because of Irving, but because he knows he'll have to include Smart's salary in an AD trade this summer.