Rozier and Williams for Bryant and Satoransky
1 (6.3%)
Keep Rozier, he is the new Irving
6 (37.5%)
Silky makes good cookies
8 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: February 16, 2019, 02:57:27 PM

Author Topic: Rozier to Washington idea  (Read 5652 times)

Rozier to Washington idea
« on: February 06, 2019, 02:57:27 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
With Wall being out for a quite a while, Rozier might be an option for them to stay competetive now. Rozier will fit well with Beal and Porter and is still young enough that can allow team to move wall for pennies if need be.

so 3 options.

1- Rozier for Bryant and Jeff Green - Boston adds a starting center with defense and range, deep depthéexpiring - Washing gets a point

2- Rozier and Yabusele for Bryant and Dekker - Essentially the same as above, but boston sheds a little less salary but gets out of 2 years on Yabusele

3- Rozier and Willams for Bryant and Satoransky - Both get good talent, Washington a good to very good young PG and a center with DPOY potential, Boston adds a great bench player who can defend the PG spot and adds a starting center.

Re: Rozier to Washington idea
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 03:00:51 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I'd do Rozier for Satoransky straight up.

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 03:11:14 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
You guys have it all wrong; if we trade Rozier, it has to be for draft picks as assets to upgrade our Davis offer 7/1.

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 03:15:47 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
You guys have it all wrong; if we trade Rozier, it has to be for draft picks as assets to upgrade our Davis offer 7/1.

I hope this is sarcasm. Davis isn't coming to Boston. Sorry to kill the dream.

I don't think any of those deals move the needle. The Celtics may end up needing a PG if Irving walks, which I think is a legit possibility.

Smart's salary came in a little lower than many here thought. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rozier market is limited.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 03:16:43 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

What draft picks are we going to get for him?  I doubt we're getting a first rounder.  How about trading him for a player under contract next year who can be used to contribute to matching salaries for Davis?  Ideally a guy who can even help us this year.

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 03:44:59 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I don't think any of those deals move the needle. The Celtics may end up needing a PG if Irving walks, which I think is a legit possibility.

Smart's salary came in a little lower than many here thought. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rozier market is limited.
I wouldn’t care if we saw Terry walk for nothing, regardless of how limited his market is
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 03:46:01 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

Rozier does not fit this team.

If Kyrie walks then we save all assets amd rebuild again and in no way should rozier be a part of that.

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 03:52:35 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

Rozier does not fit this team.

If Kyrie walks then we save all assets amd rebuild again and in no way should rozier be a part of that.

I see them rebuilding on the fly while continuing to win games if Kyrie walks. I don't see a traditional yard sale rebuild in the Celtics future.

I'm not sure what Terry Rozier is or what he will become. He's impressed me at times. I'm not saying that I care too much about Rozier, but I liked him more than Bledsoe in last year's playoffs and think he can continue to show flashes. I think its going to be tough for him to get big $ to start on another team.

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 03:57:11 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

In what world have you been living in the past week or so? If AD is still a Pelican tomorrow at 3:01 pm EST, then Boston becomes the clear frontrunner for his services next year. There's a pretty clear reason why NOLA is insisting on waiting until the summer, which is to try and make a deal with Boston for Tatum.

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 04:01:16 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I'd do Rozier for Satoransky straight up.
I suggested this in another thread awhile ago. 100% on board with this. Take your TP.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 04:11:01 PM by Wretch »

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2019, 04:05:03 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

What draft picks are we going to get for him?  I doubt we're getting a first rounder.  How about trading him for a player under contract next year who can be used to contribute to matching salaries for Davis?  Ideally a guy who can even help us this year.

I think Phoenix is an ideal trading partner. Something like:

Phoenix: Rozier, Yabu

Boston: Troy Daniels, Milwaukee's 2019 1st round pick (protected 1-3 and 17-30 in 2019; 1-7 in 2020; and unprotected in 2021)

Daniels would be a good addition for us as a shooter off the bench this year, and the Milwaukee pick would be a good addition to the AD trade, especially with the Sacramento pick continuing to lose value as they win more.

Further, between the salary savings in this deal and finding a team to take and waive Bird, you come really close to being under the taxpayer threshold, though I don't think that this quite gets us there.

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2019, 04:06:38 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

In what world have you been living in the past week or so? If AD is still a Pelican tomorrow at 3:01 pm EST, then Boston becomes the clear frontrunner for his services next year. There's a pretty clear reason why NOLA is insisting on waiting until the summer, which is to try and make a deal with Boston for Tatum.

There is a contingent of fans that have accepted the ESPN propaganda as gospel and think even if we traded for AD it would only be for a one year rental.

Green BBallers I've got no problem with you believing what you want but try not to insult the rest of us who think it's more likely than not that AD is traded to Boston this summer. You don't 'know' anything more than we do.

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2019, 04:36:51 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

I think Phoenix is an ideal trading partner. Something like:

Phoenix: Rozier, Yabu

Boston: Troy Daniels, Milwaukee's 2019 1st round pick (protected 1-3 and 17-30 in 2019; 1-7 in 2020; and unprotected in 2021)

Daniels would be a good addition for us as a shooter off the bench this year, and the Milwaukee pick would be a good addition to the AD trade, especially with the Sacramento pick continuing to lose value as they win more.

Further, between the salary savings in this deal and finding a team to take and waive Bird, you come really close to being under the taxpayer threshold, though I don't think that this quite gets us there.

I don't think we're getting under the luxury tax this year.  I was thinking along the lines of acquiring a player who can help now and serve as salary filler when matching Davis' salary if we trade for him in the summer. 

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2019, 05:02:39 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I hope   Dekker is never a Celtic

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2019, 05:11:58 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I really like the idea of Satoranski(sp?) on the Celtics but unfortunately I don’t think the wizards would be interested.  Scott’s Brooks loves Thomas and there are already people that think the team plays better when he runs the offense.

Also, the wiz are already in salary cap hell, they’re not gonna be able to give Terry the money he’s gonna want, so he’d essentially be s rental

Then again, Ernie Grunfield is stupid and he’s trying to save his job every year out there with dumb short sighted moves.
Greg