Author Topic: Starting to get tired of Dwight Howard  (Read 1064 times)

Starting to get tired of Dwight Howard
« on: February 20, 2013, 09:57:06 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
For quite awhile I was a big fan of Howard in green - from as far back as it was speculated. Enter the Magic drama... his childishness really emerged watching him and how he handled that situation.

Still, even after the end of his career in Orlando, I undeterred by his childlike behavior and actions, and like most fans, still wanted to see him in green as long as it meant keeping Rondo. Why wouldn't any fan want to see (arguably) the NBA's best (traditional) point guard pair up with (arguably) the best defensive center in the NBA?

So Dwight ends up with the Lakers - his "rumored" team of choice, from the early stages of his pre-trade days anyway. What more could we possibly hear about this guy?

Kobe is not the best teammate, this is clear - but a lot of what he's said about Dwight seems to ring true. Especially monitoring Howard's actions and body language in games, not to mention his typical flip-flop statements to the media. As much as I enjoy the high levels of drama in Laker land, one thing has rang true throughout the whole debacle. Dwight is a baby. He is not tough on the inside. He cannot handle intense criticism and would rather be the team clown than the focused, defensive anchor the team needs. He's complained about his role, he's complained about his teammates, and he's seemed to p--- a lot of people off. Buddy, you've been in LA for less than a season and you strut around like you're a tenured member of the franchise -- certainly not the case.

Enter Dwightmare 2. Though he likely won't be moved before the trade deadline, Howard has given no indication that he will sign an extension with the team. If he decides to bolt in free agency, that would be a pretty detrimental loss to the Lakers (not that I care), but to say the least - he would have a lot of people p---ed off at him on the east AND west sides of the country.

HoopsHype even reported that apparently Dwight has said he'd only stay in purple and gold if Kobe was not a member of the team. HAHA

Dwight IS a clown, and his circus act has made fans weary. He's all over NBA news everywhere, and not for positive reasons.

And then there's this: http://www.beyondthebuzzer.com/2013/02/20/gregg-popovich-reportedly-cursed-out-dwight-howard-during-all-star-game/

The excerpt from Stephen A. Smith in the link above was basically the straw that broke the camel's back for me, in terms of wanting this guy on my team. Could he be any LESS of a competitor?

No wonder he and Kobe weren't bonding at the all-star game like him and Bynum did. Dwight is a loser. Keep this guy and his drama away from my world-class franchise please

Re: Starting to get tired of Dwight Howard
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 10:07:58 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
You're a little late to the party, but welcome to the club.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 10:10:12 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Problems escalating... too bad he'll always have a job. He's kinda like Cuz (or Cuz is kinda like him)... who's a bigger nutcase? ;D
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 10:11:39 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
You're a little late to the party, but welcome to the club.

haha I know right? I've always noticed his nonsense, but was frequently willing to disregard if it meant obtaining his services.

Not anymore