Author Topic: Two teams up for sale in the draft  (Read 20088 times)

Re: Two teams up for sale in the draft
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2008, 05:21:14 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
i'd love to take over charlotte... i can run 2 teams or i can give up my current team ;D

Become Legendary.

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2008, 05:23:12 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
i'd love to take over charlotte... i can run 2 teams or i can give up my current team ;D

Haha.  At this point, I'm not sure if that is a good idea.  We need somebody to run the "GM press conference" for Denver.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2008, 05:24:09 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
i don't want charlotte but i [dang] sure want some of their players!

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2008, 05:24:43 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

I'm cool with it as long as the Commish Vetoes EVERY Denver Charlotte deal.

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2008, 05:27:25 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Anything's Possible
EVERY? thats just awful. maybe the council could vote on it, but veto every? thats just awful.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2008, 05:37:26 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
EVERY? thats just awful. maybe the council could vote on it, but veto every? thats just awful.

;)

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2008, 06:05:04 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
I'd certainly love to get involved.  How exactly does this work?  I am a big fantasy guy but have done mostly baseball and football in the past.  A few yahoo! bball leagues - that's about it. I am dedicated and would love to get into a league with you guys.  Someone PM me with details and I will take whatever is there.  Let em know.  Thanx
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2008, 06:26:11 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
I'd certainly love to get involved.  How exactly does this work?  I am a big fantasy guy but have done mostly baseball and football in the past.  A few yahoo! bball leagues - that's about it. I am dedicated and would love to get into a league with you guys.  Someone PM me with details and I will take whatever is there.  Let em know.  Thanx

Check your PMs.  This would be a good way to get involved this year, and set yourself up for a team next year, as well.  Chipping in at this late stage would certainly be appreciated.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2008, 06:58:20 PM »

Offline AHHH GiVE mE a bReaK

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 10

Check your PMs.  This would be a good way to get involved this year, and set yourself up for a team next year, as well.  Chipping in at this late stage would certainly be appreciated.

If you need one more, I would love to join. I play fantasy football, baseball and basketball. I always check my teams and I am always competitive in my fantasy sports. Throw me a PM or an email if you need another manager. My Email is mattrm561@yahoo.com

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2008, 07:25:53 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
How does this work? I'm interested in playing.

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2008, 07:51:17 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Anything's Possible
the difference is that this is not fantasy sports. stats aren't the most important thing.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2008, 08:34:24 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Hey, guys,

For those of you who are interested, this isn't really a "fantasy" draft.  Instead, it's more like a "mock general manager" draft, where players draft full rosters just as if they were a real NBA general manager.

We just concluded our draft.  At this point, teams still need to finalize their rosters, making trades, etc.  I think the schedule will go something like this:

1) Teams must get down to 15 player rosters, plus any overseas players you may have

2) We'll start a series of "press conference" threads, where you introduce your team to the league, etc.

3) We'll set a trade deadline, by which time all rosters must be absolutely locked in place.

4) We'll conduct a series of votes to determine best team, etc.  It's likely that we'll do some sort of voting to determine playoff seeding, before crowning an eventual "champion".  We'll also do votes for things like "best team of the future".

5) We'll attempt to simulate the season using our rosters, most likely on NBA 2k9.

If anybody wants to take over Charlotte, you guys still need to add 3 to 5 players to your roster.  I know there's a ton of interest in the guys on your squad, so the sooner you can start, the better.

The first person to either PM me or wdleehi or publicly post that they want the team will be given the team (assuming that their is no history of discipline with your account, etc.)

As stated above, while it's a bit late to get involved this year, anybody taking over Charlotte will be given dibs on a team for next season.  I've participated in this both years, and it's a ton of fun.

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2008, 08:54:04 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I have to echo what roy said...this is my first year and it has been a total blast.

Plus if you get Charlotte and PM me ill give you 15 TPs!! And will offer you a 4 for 1 deal!!

UBUNTU Y'ALL!
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2008, 10:09:34 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Anything's Possible
any trade that must use tp's to justify is usually a immediate red flag.  :P

Become Legendary.

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2008, 10:13:08 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale