Author Topic: lakers maybe getting heinrich?  (Read 14500 times)

Re: lakers maybe getting heinrich?
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2010, 07:20:07 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
If the Lakers get Hinrich for expirings, I'm going to be irritated, since we can offer the same thing. 

Good point. How would you craft a trade with Bulls that would seem to make sense for both parties?

Bos Sends: BBD . Scal , Daniels ,  Giddens & future 1st

Chi Sends: Hinrich & Taj Gibson

Bos Roster

PG: Rondo.     /  Hinrich
SG: Ray.          /  House
SF:  PP.            /  TA
PF:  KG.           /   Gibson
 C:  Perk.         /   Sheed

Now that is a complete roster. If we could do that trade we would definitely be favorites. I like Heinrich better than Daniels as a PG and he is big enough to play alongside House

Trade TA instead of Daniels.  Daniels goes back to being the SF and an emergancy PG. 

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2010, 07:24:50 AM »

Offline scoop

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
If the Lakers get Hinrich for expirings, I'm going to be irritated, since we can offer the same thing. 

I don't think the Celtics can trade a player of Farmar's value/upside.

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2010, 07:42:13 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Plus the Bulls might also prefer to help a contender in the West rather than the East.

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2010, 08:33:28 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Bit I want Heinrich   :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2010, 08:54:00 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Is this old news?I saw this on real gm and espn.com wow that would be a ridiculous defensive team.perfect fit for them. yuck.

It makes way too much sense.  Hinrich is perfect for them, and they can offer expiring contracts for him.  I am frankly surprised it hasn't happened already.

Yeah but they will be paying 28 million dollars for him for two more years. Because of tax. That's a lot.

Well, I am biased, because I have always been a big Hinrich fan, but I think he is worth it as a starting PG.  It is one thing for a team like the C's, who already have a starting PG were to trade for him, to pay $9 million per year for a bench player, but for the Lakers, he will slide right in as a starter, making him much less of an albatross.
I don't think either team will take on the additional payroll.

I'd love it if the C's did though.

You may be right, but I think it makes a lot more sense for the Lakers, since they need a starting PG.  For the C's, he would be a luxury item.

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2010, 09:07:22 AM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1

Farmar has value and upside?

He is currently been relegated to 3rd point guard duties for the Lakers and getting more minutes as Kobe's backup than he is at the PG position

He is not a very good passer and has a lot of trouble running an offense and finding the open man or creating shots for others

If the Celtics were willing to part with Davis or Tony Allen for Hinrich they would be dealing a lot more talent and upside to the Bulls than Farmar and Morrison provide

Really, I'm not sure Chicago would be looking for anything but cap relief and picks, if they can get them, for Hinrich

Trading Hinrich is all about next year and clearing cap space
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2010, 09:07:38 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Is this old news?I saw this on real gm and espn.com wow that would be a ridiculous defensive team.perfect fit for them. yuck.

It makes way too much sense.  Hinrich is perfect for them, and they can offer expiring contracts for him.  I am frankly surprised it hasn't happened already.

Yeah but they will be paying 28 million dollars for him for two more years. Because of tax. That's a lot.

Well, I am biased, because I have always been a big Hinrich fan, but I think he is worth it as a starting PG.  It is one thing for a team like the C's, who already have a starting PG were to trade for him, to pay $9 million per year for a bench player, but for the Lakers, he will slide right in as a starter, making him much less of an albatross.

You may be right, but I think it makes a lot more sense for the Lakers, since they need a starting PG.  For the C's, he would be a luxury item.
Luxury item if Daniels comes back at a high level, even then he'd add an element that we sorely lack. A backup PG/SG who can defend and shoot.

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2010, 09:09:08 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Farmar has value and upside?

He is currently been relegated to 3rd point guard duties for the Lakers and getting more minutes as Kobe's backup than he is at the PG position

He is not a very good passer and has a lot of trouble running an offense and finding the open man or creating shots for others

If the Celtics were willing to part with Davis or Tony Allen for Hinrich they would be dealing a lot more talent and upside to the Bulls than Farmar and Morrison provide

Really, I'm not sure Chicago would be looking for anything but cap relief and picks, if they can get them, for Hinrich

Trading Hinrich is all about next year and clearing cap space
I agree Farmar has been a disappointment from his initial promise, but he's still a better prospect than anyone on the Celtics bench.

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2010, 09:11:21 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Luxury item if Daniels comes back at a high level, even then he'd add an element that we sorely lack. A backup PG/SG who can defend and shoot.

Absolutely.  But we could find a good enough backup PG who is not making $9 million for the next 3 years.  I am not sure the Lakers can find a guy good enough to be a starter in that system for that.

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2010, 09:13:21 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Hinrich only has two years after this right?

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2010, 09:19:54 AM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
Yes, at a favorable decreasing rate, meaning that any rate that decreases is favorable as compared to the usual escalating scale

$9 million for next year and $8 million the year after
Pick 2 Knicks

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2010, 09:34:44 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Yes, at a favorable decreasing rate, meaning that any rate that decreases is favorable as compared to the usual escalating scale

Meh when you're being overpaid by 4 million in the first year of the contract its hard to get excited over it decreasing by 1 million in the next year.

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2010, 09:39:39 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Meh when you're being overpaid by 4 million in the first year of the contract its hard to get excited over it decreasing by 1 million in the next year.

That's probably my biggest reluctance bringing him here via our expirings.  We'd be overpaying a bench player a heckuva lot of money.   When you're already up over the cap, that's something you just don't want to do.  He'd be a nice fit but it comes at a pretty big price.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2010, 09:45:27 AM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney

Kind of what I meant in qualifying the comment favorable as I knew someone would say exactly what you did

Still, as a back up that's a lot of cash but if Danny were to decide to use Hinrich as his shooting guard instead of Ray, then the contract isn't nearly so bad in appearance

Hinrich is after all 5 years Ray's junior, a far superior defender, has a career 3pt% that's comparable(39.6% to 37.9%), is shooting better from three this year than Ray is(36.1% TO 34.5%), is a better ball handler and passer and will be a better rebounder going forward than Ray

And he would probably be an excellent fit with the starters

Paying Hinrich $17 million going forward over the next two years as the team's starting 2-guard would probably be a better investment than paying Ray Allen $15-17 million over the next two years to do the same job
Pick 2 Knicks

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2010, 09:50:20 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Hinrich has had a very bad offensive year, if the plan is to trade him and not resign Ray Allen that's a horrible move for the Celtics.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tiny.cgi?id=3bAFz

Offensively he doesn't bring nearly what Ray Allen does.