Author Topic: Jalen Rose is a disgrace/Worst NBA talking head.  (Read 7086 times)

Re: Jalen Rose is a disgrace/Worst NBA talking head.
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 10:54:15 PM »

Offline Broadmoor74

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
I just wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I said that Jalen Rose was worse than Jamal Mashburn.

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2008, 10:58:08 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Van Gundy is my new favourite. He even called LeBron on some of his travels.

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 11:17:00 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Anyone remember when Tim Hardaway did it?  He was prob the worst.  I think he must've had terrible stage fright.  He'd start talking and then totally lose his train of thought to the point where the co-host would have to interject so Hardaway wouldn't keep stammering and stumbling.

Great recall, tb.  I feel like this had to have lasted a total of about three days.  My one vivid recollection of Timmy was that on his first week in the studio at halftime, they showed a highlight in which K-Mart broke his nose, and Tim's response was something to the effect of (I'm paraphrasing since I can't find the quote; don't shoot me if this isn't wholly accurate, it's off memory) "Good.  Somebody needed to do that to this guy.  It's been a long time coming." Awkward silence followed.  Rough times with Tim.

Thanks for bringing up the amusing memory, tb.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 11:46:49 PM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Anyone remember when Tim Hardaway did it?  He was prob the worst.  I think he must've had terrible stage fright.  He'd start talking and then totally lose his train of thought to the point where the co-host would have to interject so Hardaway wouldn't keep stammering and stumbling.

Great recall, tb.  I feel like this had to have lasted a total of about three days.  My one vivid recollection of Timmy was that on his first week in the studio at halftime, they showed a highlight in which K-Mart broke his nose, and Tim's response was something to the effect of (I'm paraphrasing since I can't find the quote; don't shoot me if this isn't wholly accurate, it's off memory) "Good.  Somebody needed to do that to this guy.  It's been a long time coming." Awkward silence followed.  Rough times with Tim.

-sw

Hey Steve I'm glad someone remembered this lol- because I really feel he was so uncomfortable up there that it became awkward for the viewers.  I remember watching him and just being embarrassed for what he was going to say next, since I knew it'd come out bad. 

I loved Hardaway as a player, especially when he killed the Knicks that one year, but he was brutal in the studio.  Again I think he must suffer from stage fright.
Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 12:52:24 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

-sw

Hey Steve I'm glad someone remembered this lol- because I really feel he was so uncomfortable up there that it became awkward for the viewers.  I remember watching him and just being embarrassed for what he was going to say next, since I knew it'd come out bad. 

I loved Hardaway as a player, especially when he killed the Knicks that one year, but he was brutal in the studio.  Again I think he must suffer from stage fright.

A little more stage fright might not have hurt him on Dan Le Batard's show last year  ;)

Like the type that would have made him nervous enough to bite back certain words before he said them.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.