Utah in 5
0 (0%)
Utah in 6
3 (25%)
Utah in 7
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: May 06, 2008, 06:24:14 PM

Author Topic: L.A. Lakers vs Utah - Western Conference SemiFinals  (Read 15205 times)

Re: L.A. Lakers vs Utah - Western Conference SemiFinals
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2008, 11:41:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
They need to get more out of Gasol. They're not a championship caliber team without Gasol being a second scoring option. He hasn't been that consistently enough in this series. They have to put the ball in his hands more down in the paint.

I like how they're running him with the second unit. Gives him more opportunities to create his own offense.

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2008, 11:47:10 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
They need to get more out of Gasol. They're not a championship caliber team without Gasol being a second scoring option. He hasn't been that consistently enough in this series. They have to put the ball in his hands more down in the paint.

I like how they're running him with the second unit. Gives him more opportunities to create his own offense.
I agree with you here.

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2008, 11:51:57 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Farmer's play has been headscratching. Struggling on defense with Deron? Fair enough most do. But the offense has been terrible from him. Only 1-17 from the field in the series with 4 points total in four games. During the regular season he was their best scorer off the bench (9ppg). He was the tempo changer. A really good shooter. A very good penetrator. Farmer needs to get his head together.

Jazz doing nicely here making a run to close the half

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2008, 11:54:50 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
Utah doesn't have an answer for Gasol in this series..yea Farmer has struggled but Deron is a good defender too.

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2008, 11:58:16 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
Farmer's play has been headscratching. Struggling on defense with Deron? Fair enough most do. But the offense has been terrible from him. Only 1-17 from the field in the series with 4 points total in four games. During the regular season he was their best scorer off the bench (9ppg). He was the tempo changer. A really good shooter. A very good penetrator. Farmer needs to get his head together.

Jazz doing nicely here making a run to close the half
yep the Jazz did finish the half pretty good,keeping it close.

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2008, 12:00:10 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I am watching this game right now. The second quarter just ended and I really like Utahs chances. I believe Utah will take this game in LA. LA has played a very tight game, but Utah is still hanging around. Look for utah to take this game and end the series in game 6. This is just a prediction of one man.

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2008, 12:04:36 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
I am watching this game right now. The second quarter just ended and I really like Utahs chances. I believe Utah will take this game in LA. LA has played a very tight game, but Utah is still hanging around. Look for utah to take this game and end the series in game 6. This is just a prediction of one man.
Hey,i like how this man thinks/predicts.I feel the same way. If  Utah can win this one, it will be over in 6 .
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 12:14:01 AM by jay_jay54 »

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2008, 12:17:58 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
Utah looking good early in the third.

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2008, 12:18:32 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Gasol has 15, 4 and 6 assists at the half.
Impressive! If he continues like that there's
an easy triple-double for him tonight.

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2008, 12:36:38 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Lakers by only two with 2:41
to go in the 3rd.

Looks like I jinxed Gasol.
Oh, well  ;D

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2008, 12:47:28 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I like what Kobe is doing here, very controlled and actively looking to assert his will on this game in getting his team some buckets.

Tied at 81 at the end of three. Great game. Bit sloppy though.

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2008, 01:09:44 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Lakers pulling away, up 6 with 6 minutes to play. They look in control.

Utah can't defend LA's bigs. Too much quickness, too many different skills with the ball in their hands. Lamar Odom has picked them apart again tonight and Gasol's passing is brilliant.

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2008, 01:12:05 AM »

Offline Ersatz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 37
What's happened with Boozer? He's been terrible the whole playoffs and now he's blowing it for his team in the fourth quarter: missed layups, stupid fouls, traveling. C'mon, doesn't he know the Lakers (or, as I've gotten my five-year-old daughter to start calling them, the Evil Lakers) have to lose?

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2008, 01:14:32 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
What's happened with Boozer? He's been terrible the whole playoffs and now he's blowing it for his team in the fourth quarter: missed layups, stupid fouls, traveling. C'mon, doesn't he know the Lakers (or, as I've gotten my five-year-old daughter to start calling them, the Evil Lakers) have to lose?

Yup ... Boozer's really choking here, and making bad decisions. Plenty of time, too, but not the way they're playing right now ... they've got to attack more.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2008, 01:19:38 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

He struggles with long defenders and it's not just Gasol, Lakers have length running at him from every corner. Causing him a lot of difficulty.

Boozer has also had less plays ran for him this postseason than earlier in the year and far less than last season. More plays for Okur especially and a few others who've improved as players.