New Orleans in 5
0 (0%)
New Orleans in 6
0 (0%)
New Orleans in 7
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: May 04, 2008, 04:12:19 PM

Author Topic: San Antonio vs New Orleans - Western Conference SemiFinals  (Read 25607 times)

Re: San Antonio vs New Orleans - Western Conference SemiFinals
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2008, 12:02:59 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
D.West has 36pts. 5 blks,14boards,(and a bad back) with 5:25 secs to go in this one.

« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2008, 12:08:01 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
Its not over yet,if they can get some stops,make some shots,10 down with 4:13sec.

« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2008, 12:08:49 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Wish Reggie would swallow his mic ... man, his sputtering and illiteracy drives me nuts.
Reggie normally ruins games for me but not tonight. This game has just been too good, I'm not sure if I'm even hearing the commentators.

Reggie had one good game this playoffs. The rest were bad but I'm getting used to him I think, he just hasn't bugged me as much as he did during the regular season. In the regular season I'd just turn off most games Reggie did and find something else to watch, he bothered me that much.

By the way, Marv Albert hasn't been any better than Reggie tonight and this is regular for him. He's become quite dull over the past few years.

« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2008, 12:10:40 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Its not over yet,if they can get some stops,make some shots,10 down with 4:13sec.
Yes I think they have a chance too

Spurs need to score 75% of their possessions or thereabouts now just to have a shot. Watch Chris Paul control this game, it's something special watching this guy control the game. Spurs will have 8-10 possessions max the rest of the way over the last 4 minutes.

« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2008, 12:11:59 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
to much D.West doing it all,assist,scoring,rebounding tonight.Perfect example,when you need one of your stars to step up in a game,take it over,like D.West is doing,hint,hint,hint

« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2008, 12:14:12 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton

Spurs need to score 75% of their possessions or thereabouts now just to have a shot. Watch Chris Paul control this game, it's something special watching this guy control the game. Spurs will have 8-10 possessions max the rest of the way over the last 4 minutes.
Think i spoke to soon Who,starting to look bad again for ths Spurs ;D

« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2008, 12:15:57 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Wish Reggie would swallow his mic ... man, his sputtering and illiteracy drives me nuts.
Reggie normally ruins games for me but not tonight. This game has just been too good, I'm not sure if I'm even hearing the commentators.

Reggie had one good game this playoffs. The rest were bad but I'm getting used to him I think, he just hasn't bugged me as much as he did during the regular season. In the regular season I'd just turn off most games Reggie did and find something else to watch, he bothered me that much.

By the way, Marv Albert hasn't been any better than Reggie tonight and this is regular for him. He's become quite dull over the past few years.

Oh, I agree about Marv ... and I won't even get into the whole "integrity" thing about him, (Loser - capital "L"). Can't get used to Reggie, though ... the more I hear, the more dislike. And the fake inflections and contrived excitement ... he thinks he's the next McKay.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2008, 12:20:58 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

I love watching Chris Paul close games out. There's nothing like him in the league. He controls the clock better than any other player. Simply brilliant.

(1) How few possessions the Spurs get
(2) Paul is very hard to trap, very hard to force off his dribble. He can keep the ball through the clock on most possessions.
(3) He only needs 5-6 seconds to get a good shot. That high screen and roll with West is nearly guarenteed to result in a high percentage shot. Either from Paul, West or one of the shooters where the help defense comes from.
(4) Paul is so quick that he can just beat anyone off the dribble and get to the rim
(5) When Paul does go to the rim he forces the big men to come over and to contest his shot. It leaves the rim open for his big men to attack the offensive boards. It's amazing how many offensive rebounds these guys get late in games and this is a huge reason for it.

Incredible

At the end of the third I thought the Spurs needed to get it below 10 points by the 8 minute mark just to have a hope because this guy is so good. They made it at 7:50 so close enough. But they never managed to get it below that, by the 4-5 minute stage they were really in a lot of trouble. Chris Paul is an incredible closer, so difficult to beat when he has the lead.

« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2008, 12:22:36 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Oh, I agree about Marv ... and I won't even get into the whole "integrity" thing about him, (Loser - capital "L"). Can't get used to Reggie, though ... the more I hear, the more dislike. And the fake inflections and contrived excitement ... he thinks he's the next McKay.
It's a shame they can't hire decent commentators. A good commentator makes such a large difference.

« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2008, 12:23:02 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
 D.West finishes with 38pts  B.Scott took West,CP3 out for this last minute or so.Its all over but the crying,Hornets just made the series  3-2 ,score 101-79 .CP3 scored 22pts.

« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2008, 12:23:29 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

I love watching Chris Paul close games out. There's nothing like him in the league. He controls the clock better than any other player. Simply brilliant.

(2) Paul is very hard to trap, very hard to force off his dribble. He can keep the ball through the clock on most possessions.
(3) He only needs 5-6 seconds to get a good shot. That high screen and roll with West is nearly guarenteed to result in a high percentage shot. Either from Paul, West or one of the shooters where the help defense comes from.
(4) Paul is so quick that he can just beat anyone off the dribble and get to the rim
(5) When Paul does go to the rim he forces the big men to come over and to contest his shot. It leaves the rim open for his big men to attack the offensive boards. It's amazing how many offensive rebounds these guys get late in games and this is a huge reason for it.

Incredible

At the end of the third I thought the Spurs needed to get it below 10 points by the 8 minute mark just to have a hope because this guy is so good. They made it at 7:50 so close enough. But they never managed to get it below that, by the 4-5 minute stage they were really in a lot of trouble. Chris Paul is an incredible closer, so difficult to beat when he has the lead.

It's not only his speed but his strength too, he is what everyone in New York thought Stephon Marbury was.

« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2008, 12:26:12 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Incredible

It's not only his speed but his strength too, he is what everyone in New York thought Stephon Marbury was.
Absolutely and I left off another big one -

He hardly ever turns the ball over so they full possessions down the stretch and limit the opponents opportunity to get quick baskets because it's harder for them to run, forcing them to play against the Hornets half court D.

« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2008, 12:31:59 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

It's a shame they can't hire decent commentators. A good commentator makes such a large difference.

Yup ... really does. Seems to be a shortage of really great commentators, and while it's hard to please everyone, you'd think they could find people who are, at the very least, literate, knowledgeable and well-spoken.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2008, 01:27:02 AM »

Offline Broadmoor74

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
What a freaking series.  Roller coaster ride.  Advantage Hawnitz because of this:  Bees need two players to play lights out when the Spares need three to do so.  I fully expect the Hawnitz to lose game 6 in SA, with Chandler and West a little banged up.  Game 7 in New Orleans is all about the Beeeeeeeeez.

I love the post-season (for a change).

« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2008, 01:32:14 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
cp3 really reminds me of the best moments of marbury, especially when he takes it to the hole. he's absolutely incredible. if marbury ever got his head on straight, he could've been insanely good, too.
oh, and look. another road team losing. minus the pistons/magic series (which could have been close had orlando come with its A game, instead of its B- game), no road team has won a game in this round. really remarkable. i think the refereeing has something to do with that, though. from all the games i've seen, refs have been giving the home team far too much an advantage in calls. home teams always get more calls, but games are being called way too much in home teams' favors. probably because stern knows this is one of the best postseasons (in terms of quality of teams in it) in history, and he wants every series to go 6 or 7...more money to be made that way.