Author Topic: yes chuck hits the nail on this one....about bron  (Read 8248 times)

Re: yes chuck hits the nail on this one....about bron
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 12:38:59 PM »

Offline PointGaurd

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
I can agree and disagree with Lebron dissacociating himself from the everyday "run of the mill" guy.   What about the guy who ran on the court in NY and hugged him with a Lebron jersey on, and was ejected, but lebron offered the kid game tickets and would hang out with him afterwards, but was advised otherwise because it would encourage others to run on the court too,  But then again, did you catch that suit he work at the post game last night... geeesh, do any of us think we could get away with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 01:00:36 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
I hate LeBron, and all of the stupid one on five players in the NBA.

It's a game that's about being a part of a team.

It's terrible to say, but I hope he gets injured.

I don't wish him injury, I just wish him failure. Cleveland will never win a ring with their style of basketball. Any team that plays with one player possessing the ball for almost the entire game will never win against a good team that plays team defense. The Spurs and hopefully the Celtics would simply double him with whoever is guarding Ben Wallace, or just let Lebron go nuts and lock up every one else. It really doesn't take a whole lot of scheming to pick Cleveland apart, just a conscious effort and many times a willingness to let Lebron score at will.

So the key to stopping the Cavs is to let LeBron "score at will?"  Have we already put last years playoffs out of mind completely?
I'm sure Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Price, Antonio McDyess, Rasheed Wallace, and the entire State of Michigan would dissagree with you.

It's amazing to me how many celtic bloggers are so ready and willing to take shots at LeBron.  Have we been watching too much Skip Bayless?  Why can't people recognize him for what he is - which is maybe the most versitile player in the game? (just look at the numbers!)  It's not his fault that Danny Ferry has no idea how to put a decent team around him.

As far as the Gilbert Arenas - Lebron James talk, i agree - i like gilbert arenas more AS A PERSON.  It's so rare in this day and age to find a guy as outspoken, funny, and genuine as Gil, but to be honest, i hate the way he plays the game.  The Wiz have been better without him all year because they don't stand around and watch as their superstar jacks up 3's from halfcourt or sizes up his defender and goes 1 v 1 for the entire shot clock.  The difference between LBJ and Agent 0 is that Lebron doesn't have a lot of help on offense, whereas Gilbert has an array of offensive weapons standing next to him - yet Lebron is still a better facilitator than Gil.

I hope Washington seriously considers trading Arenas after the season.  Not because i dislike the guy, but because they are SO much better with Caron Butler as their leader.  If they could get a compliment to Brendan Haywood at the 4 or a true point guard in return, this team would be in position to contend for an EC title.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 01:45:58 PM »

Offline Fastbreak

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
Lebron passing to D. West for the winning shot was mentioned..in his interview after the game James said that Delonte should be honored that he (Lebron) passed the ball (or words to that effect)..later that night a separate limo was sent to pick up Lebron's ego..

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 01:52:34 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I didn't watch the Cavs game but maybe Lebron was watching ESPN's Cold Pizza the day before where Skip Bilas called Lebron out because he pass the ball to Delonte in game 4.  Skip said Lebron is scared to take last second shots and he doesn't remember when Lebron made a game winning shot.  I dvr today "cold pizza" because I want to see what Skip has to say now.  I sure he's going to say "see I told you so". As he calls Lebron "Prince James" instead of "King James"

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 01:56:09 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Lebron passing to D. West for the winning shot was mentioned..in his interview after the game James said that Delonte should be honored that he (Lebron) passed the ball (or words to that effect)..later that night a separate limo was sent to pick up Lebron's ego..
Yeah that was absolutely hilarious. He kept repeating himself too - he (delonte) should be more confident that I passed him the ball than hitting the game winning jump shot.

If anybody can find a clip of that they should put it up here.

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 02:08:33 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
Cleveland lost that game on their 2nd to last possession.  Ilgauskas had a chance for an offensive board, and instead tried tipping it in.  Cleveland had a couple of tip attempts but nothing fell, and Washington ended up with the ball and plenty of time.  Had Ilgauskas just secured the ball and either kicked it out or waited to be fouled they would have been shooting free throws.

Game 6 should be a doozy in Washington.
Redz,i don't know about Sir Charles "hitting it on the nail",but you did,end of story! ;D

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 03:04:24 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
Yeah that was absolutely hilarious. He kept repeating himself too - he (delonte) should be more confident that I passed him the ball than hitting the game winning jump shot.

If anybody can find a clip of that they should put it up here.
I saw that interview and I really don't think that's what he was saying at all.  He  kept repeating that this was a huge shot for Delonte and his confidence.  I don't remember hearing him say anything about Delonte should be honoroed that he got a pass from Lebron in the first place. 

I agree with him.  That was the biggest shot of Delonte's life and it is HUGE for his confidence.  That is all he was saying IMO.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 02:29:44 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
I hate LeBron, and all of the stupid one on five players in the NBA.

It's a game that's about being a part of a team.

It's terrible to say, but I hope he gets injured.

I don't wish him injury, I just wish him failure. Cleveland will never win a ring with their style of basketball. Any team that plays with one player possessing the ball for almost the entire game will never win against a good team that plays team defense. The Spurs and hopefully the Celtics would simply double him with whoever is guarding Ben Wallace, or just let Lebron go nuts and lock up every one else. It really doesn't take a whole lot of scheming to pick Cleveland apart, just a conscious effort and many times a willingness to let Lebron score at will.

So the key to stopping the Cavs is to let LeBron "score at will?"  Have we already put last years playoffs out of mind completely?
I'm sure Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Price, Antonio McDyess, Rasheed Wallace, and the entire State of Michigan would dissagree with you.

It's amazing to me how many celtic bloggers are so ready and willing to take shots at LeBron.  Have we been watching too much Skip Bayless?  Why can't people recognize him for what he is - which is maybe the most versitile player in the game? (just look at the numbers!)  It's not his fault that Danny Ferry has no idea how to put a decent team around him.

It's also not his fault that the referees give him every call in the book.  And, to his credit, he does, it seems, try to brick his next shot when he gets a call he obviously doesn't deserve.  But, as seen at the end of the game last night, it can be too much to resist (going for the call) when the game is on the line.  Like a kid in a candy-store.

Honestly, Lebron is bad for basketball - because as ethereal as his talent may be, the beauty of basketball is in watching the TEAMS play each other.

Maybe some sycophants and beta males out there like to fawn over Lebron James, but personally, I would rather watch competitive basketball CELTICS WIN OR LOSE, than watch the same person shoot free throws all night.

There were so many stoppages in play last night, so many free throws shot... ...the game just became unwatchable.

It's tough for me to take, because I really enjoy reading the thoughts others have, and contributing my own thoughts to Celticsblog.  But the underlying game has become a lie... ...and mostly, that's because of the "star system" which certainly has something to do with Lebron's success.

He went 9/23 from the field last night, but still scored 32 points that means he got 13 points off of free throws... ...that's as many as the entire Celtics Team ATTEMPTED.

So when I say "I hope he gets injured" - it's nothing personal.  I say it as my wish for the benefit of a beautiful game, not as a hope that something bad should happen to a particular person.