Author Topic: yes chuck hits the nail on this one....about bron  (Read 8245 times)

yes chuck hits the nail on this one....about bron
« on: April 30, 2008, 11:50:28 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Its not fair to go one on five ....
not that he didnt try to before
but Bron should try to pass that open shot to Delonte

Pierce did once last year with excellent results
u know
an arthur will never got it done against 5 merlins...
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Re: yes chuck hits the nail on this one....about bron
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 12:01:59 AM »

Offline Ian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 61
i don't know if you saw the last game, but LeBron DID pass to Delonte with 5 seconds left and Delonte hit the gamewinning three.

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 12:03:43 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Cleveland lost that game on their 2nd to last possession.  Ilgauskas had a chance for an offensive board, and instead tried tipping it in.  Cleveland had a couple of tip attempts but nothing fell, and Washington ended up with the ball and plenty of time.  Had Ilgauskas just secured the ball and either kicked it out or waited to be fouled they would have been shooting free throws.

Game 6 should be a doozy in Washington.
Yup

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 12:15:36 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
That Washington-Cleveland game was awful. It was easily the worst game of the playoffs.

I swear you couldn't even tell that it was an elimination game. There was no urgency from the players, no intensity, they were just going through the motions all night long. Everyone was, Bron spent 2/3rds of the game settling for long jump shots, how do you think their offense looks without his penetration? My goodness, the shot selection was something else, terrible. Sloppy game full of turnovers, missed shots, bad defense, silly fouls.

Complete lack of effort from both teams. It's amazing. I hadn't seen so little emotion from either side in any of their previous games. Heck Washington tried more when they got blown out in game two.

Both teams lost the game several times over. Washington just lucky they made the last good play.

If either side gave an average performance they would have won that game.

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 12:43:34 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
i don't know if you saw the last game, but LeBron DID pass to Delonte with 5 seconds left and Delonte hit the gamewinning three.
so
why not again?
nto a pro delonte thread before it start
ust asking why
too forced for my taste
maybe thats all
it was awfull yes but 32 from caron makes wizzies worthy
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 12:51:24 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
I hate LeBron, and all of the stupid one on five players in the NBA.

It's a game that's about being a part of a team.

It's terrible to say, but I hope he gets injured.

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 02:13:45 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
This is funny because I remember two years ago all the "experts" including the TNT guys were criticizing LeBron for passing the ball too much in endgame situations instead of doing exactly what he did tonight.  He probably makes that shot 7 out of 10 at least; I think it was the best move for his team. 

That said, I'm not terribly worried about playing Cleveland in the 2nd, I hope we get them...

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 02:24:13 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

I don't wish him injury, I just wish him failure. Cleveland will never win a ring with their style of basketball. Any team that plays with one player possessing the ball for almost the entire game will never win against a good team that plays team defense. The Spurs and hopefully the Celtics would simply double him with whoever is guarding Ben Wallace, or just let Lebron go nuts and lock up every one else. It really doesn't take a whole lot of scheming to pick Cleveland apart, just a conscious effort and many times a willingness to let Lebron score at will.

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 05:01:31 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

I don't wish him injury, I just wish him failure.

same here celtic.

i don't like wishing injury. karma has a knack for coming back to bite people in the ass.

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 08:19:37 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
For the life of me I've never understood all the Lebron hate.  He's one heck of a basketball player and he seems like a stand up guy. 

And in regards to the 1 on 5 stuff, have you seen the rest of that team?  Maybe it goes a little overboard, but if they want to win the ball should be Lebron's hands on almost every possession.

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 09:02:16 AM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200
For the life of me I've never understood all the Lebron hate.  He's one heck of a basketball player and he seems like a stand up guy. 

And in regards to the 1 on 5 stuff, have you seen the rest of that team?  Maybe it goes a little overboard, but if they want to win the ball should be Lebron's hands on almost every possession.

100% agree
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 10:01:42 AM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145

If you ever have some free time, pick up Will Leitch (editor of Deadspin.com)'s book called "God Save The Fan." There is a chapter talking about how fans like Gilbert more than Lebron because Gilbert is a run-of-the-mill regular guy (Great anecdote about him being at a bowling alley and inviting random fans to play with him and then play video games at his place afterwards) while Lebron was a transcendent figure before he entered the league. Lebron goes out of his way to separate himself from regular fans and this causes resentment. It is a fascinating and humorous read in general, highly recommended.

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 10:30:04 AM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
Ya I agree.  I am really worrie that Lebron is going to turn into the next Kobe (off the court) and just be so unbelievably full of himself.  For all we know, in 2 years, he could be the next Primetime. lol
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 12:03:40 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
/Lebron hate on

For me, the Lebron hate started when he came into the league as a rookie and was already getting the "star calls" (something I hate in general) that only 10 year vets get.

Lebron may be a great basketball player.  It's hard to tell, I've never seen him play basketball.  He plays some other game where 4 steps without a dribble is allowed, stiff-arming the opposition when going to the basket is encouraged, and getting breathed on is a flagrant.

Human Hype Machine.

It would be more manageable if he wasn't one of the biggest whiners in the league.  Everytime he *doesn't* get a ridiculous call he whines. 

/Lebron hate off

It's true though, Cleveland just cannot win as currently configured.  I agree he isn't surrounded by the best role players in the world, but it's hard to get into your rhythm when you rarely touch the ball, and when you do it's often just a bail-out rocket thrown at you after another player tried for 15 seconds to get his own shot.  Lebron is very talented, but he's individually talented.  And please don't bring up his assist numbers here... when one person handles the ball for that percentage of his teams possessions, all his stats will be inflated.

I think it's really telling what Larry Hughes said when he was traded to Chicago, about not fitting into a system predicated on one player.  I don't remember the exact quote... anyone remember what I'm talking about?

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 12:08:17 PM »

Offline chrismihm

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
i dont hate lebron, i just get frustrated when i see the league and media absolutely drooling over one player.  i dont blame lebron, i actually alays liked him a lot but recently it just mmakes me resent him a bit when everyone is so blatantly in love with him