Author Topic: problems with front page  (Read 3692 times)

problems with front page
« on: July 26, 2013, 08:18:59 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Anyone else having problems viewing articles on the front/main page?  It seems like SBNation has changed the format again (the screen certainly appears different in the past week or so) and I can no longer get the comments sections of the articles (or pictures for that matter) to appear.  The comments just give a message of 'loading now' that just continually runs without completing.

Is this just me (and quite possibly my internet settings at work) or are other people having a similar issue?

Re: problems with front page
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 08:32:12 AM »

Offline bobbyv

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Try clearing cookies and deleting cache?

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 08:42:18 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I've had a problem with the front page since celticsblog version 3.0.
Barely ever go there now that sb nation is in charge.

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 08:45:40 AM »

Kiorrik

Just to add to this complaint: lately, on my iphone, I can't load three pages in separate tabs anymore, because every time I go to another tab, it'll reload the thing.

They've put way too many scripts and tracking crap in there. Heavy images, custom fonts that need to be downloaded, etc.

But try telling them that.

On the desktop (and I've got a brilliant computer and great connection) I've got issues too, with the page loading, then going white and reloading entirely every time the cache is cleared.

Annoying.

Especially that tabs on my iPhone thing; now I can't ready *anything* anymore while on the way to work.

Tsk tsk tsk.