Author Topic: This board is a trainwreck right now  (Read 14544 times)

Re: This board is a trainwreck right now
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 12:34:04 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
board is a reflection of the team right now

Not even close.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 12:34:47 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
I'm tempted to take a break from coming to Celticsblog until this season is over. It's tough to stand the antics of my fellow C's fans at the moment.

there's too much

1) WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMEDDDDDDD!!!!11!!11
or
2) You guys are crazy, our bench is like 2x as good as the Lakers! We'll win the finals without breaking a sweat! Denial is kewl!.

and not enough

"Things aren't looking good but we've still got an outside shot that the Celtics will play better in the playoffs."

Try to be reasonable, people!

This place is haven for the disenfranchised when the team is struggling.  There are few very specific posters that ramp up their posts during this time.  Pretty pathetic, IMO.

I’m just hope for the team to get things worked out in the next few weeks or I'll be joining you on the sabbatical.

It's funny. I post ALOT more when were doing poorly myself.

For me though it's more I am looking for answers and insight that i cannot necessarily find in my normal circle of people that i talk basketball with.

I dont come here to be negative during times of struggling, I come here for comfort. It's not always easy to find!

That's fair but, I think you follow me with regard to the difference.  This isn't my blog obviously so post away I was merely agreeing with the overall premise of the OP.  I get my fill of 'negativity' in the real world.

Oh I completely agree. I just realized when you said that that, "hey, I post alot more when we suck too!" Just for different reasons.

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 12:48:49 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
this is why I love polls

the radical outliers are sometimes the loudest voices which skews the perception a bit

polls show that the silent majority usually creates a nice bell curve right around the most rational viewpoint

And yet Congress is about to cram through a bill that the vast majority of Americans oppose. Go figure.

that's a very generous definition of "vast majority". Also, it's not "cramming through", health care reform has been in the works for decades and republicans had many, many chances in the past and in the present to work on it and chose instead to ignore and eventually block health care reform. The "vast majority" of americans have long agreed that health care reform is something they want.

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 12:51:47 PM »

Offline stoyko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 77
Just believe in CROTOR and you'll be fine!
 I would cherry pick what your read from the forums and you'll be  aok.
NJ Nyets.
A.Iguodala,Nene,A. Brooks, H. Warrick, ,C.Delfino,MoWilliams,Nick Collison,Reggie Williams, T. Douglas, E. Barron,Q. Ross,James Anderson, Jeff Pendergraph

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 12:56:47 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
What? I'm just here for the tommy points.

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 01:00:19 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
What? I'm just here for the tommy points.

ok, TP

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 01:03:12 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Thanks. I was in a drought and it was affecting my ego.

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 01:09:17 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Thanks. I was in a drought and it was affecting my ego.

I here ya, me too ;D

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 01:26:52 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Again -- that's the purpose of a blog/message board. SO people can vent their feelings.

I'd argue that venting is not THE purpose of a blog/message board.  It is A purpose that some may or may not agree with.

MY purpose for participating is to learn more about what I'm watching from more experienced hoops fans.  I find the more I know, the more I enjoy my time watching the Celtics.  Howling rants do not serve my purpose, though I won't for a moment claim those are necessarily inappropriate unless they violate the rules.

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 01:42:19 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I mostly come to this blog to argue the finer points of basketball with other knowledgable fans. When we are losing hearing a different opinion from my own is always good.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 01:56:40 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I'm sure that positions come open from time to time on the various Celtics' cheerleading squads for those who are interested in that activity.

(I've always thought it would be really cool to shoot the chatchkes into the crowd with those airguns.)

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 05:22:15 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
I'm sure that positions come open from time to time on the various Celtics' cheerleading squads for those who are interested in that activity.

(I've always thought it would be really cool to shoot the chatchkes into the crowd with those airguns.)

For you:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b3pJYfv5eg 

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 06:05:56 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Again -- that's the purpose of a blog/message board. SO people can vent their feelings.

I'd argue that venting is not THE purpose of a blog/message board.  It is A purpose that some may or may not agree with.

MY purpose for participating is to learn more about what I'm watching from more experienced hoops fans.  I find the more I know, the more I enjoy my time watching the Celtics.  Howling rants do not serve my purpose, though I won't for a moment claim those are necessarily inappropriate unless they violate the rules.

tp

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010, 06:15:25 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
it seems to have smoothed over a bit, but man Saturday/Sunday was unbearable. There's a difference between intelligent talk and chicken little the sky is falling. 
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 06:21:19 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
it seems to have smoothed over a bit, but man Saturday/Sunday was unbearable. There's a difference between intelligent talk and chicken little the sky is falling. 

Its an extremist thing. There are those that like to wallow in misery and those that like to jump to happy conclusions without real foundation to stand on. Those two parties yell the loudest and the loss to the Nets was a catalyzing event to turn up the volume.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner