Author Topic: Montrezl Harrell - Good fit under CBS?  (Read 13749 times)

Re: Montrezl Harrell - Good fit under CBS?
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2015, 03:23:30 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Anyone's a good fit under CBS; the guy's a wizard. The Celtics will be able to sign anyone in the future because Stevens will be turning lead into gold!

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2015, 03:33:05 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
He's not just undersized, he's a 6'8" center, he's already a junior and he is "not a whizz on the offensive end." 

It's not up to me though and I know Danny is enamored with guys like this.  He would be ok coming off the bench I guess but ugh please no I'm so sick of mini-big men because they hustle.  We are overflowing with hustle right now, what we need is size and talent.

I agree with some of your points. Though Harrell is 6'8 , he has a generous 7'4-7'5 wingspan, 35 vertical leap and is 240-250 pounds.  His standing reach is like 8'11 or 9'0 which is longer than Zellers.

Ainge could do worse

Harrell, Zeller, KO, Sullinger (both with better bodies) could be a good 4 man frontcourt unit.  Harrell replaces Bass but is a more explosive version. Lots of options if CBS decides to go small late in the game

I would be okay with him with the Clippers pick if Danny thinks he will be good, but I mean I'd rather have a lottery ticket like George Lucas (aka the Brazilian with the freaky hands)

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/NBA-Draft-Prospect-of-the-Week-George-Lucas-4814/
good call on lucas. i think he can be very good nba player, and he is only 18 i think.

shifting the topic a bit, the celtics have at least 2 second round picks (and philly has so many the celtics could buy one if needed.) i hope the celtics pick any two players from among this group:

- george lucas
- robert upshaw
- guillermo hernangomez
- moussa diagne

from that group, i expect at least one to become a credible nba player.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2015, 04:08:28 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I actually really like Harrell, but more as the guy we trade the Clips and Philly picks for (to move up into the mid-teens). He is exactly the kind of player every team wants to have, but am not sure he has any more upside than a guy like Faried (who I would also like).

I agree,

At some point in the 20s I want the Cs to move up for either Harrell of Hollis-Jefferson. In my opinion Harrell is a perfect 3rd big. He is limited on offense but not a total loss. On defense he will really excel in the NBA. He shares a similar body type to Bass or Milsap and like these two he should really excel as a P&R guy who can switch and stay with smaller guys.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet