Author Topic: Montrezl Harrell - Good fit under CBS?  (Read 13749 times)

Re: Montrezl Harrell - Good fit under CBS?
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2015, 01:39:35 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think the Harrisons are going to struggle as they lack elite speed that is common in the NBA,  Harrell is short PF, a tweener.   Ainge has a history of drafting guys who can play but have flaws hoping for high risk high reward to happen.

I hope he does not do it this year.   Harrell cannot protect the rim.  I think the Ben Wallace comparisons are a reach, maybe Bo Outlaw or Danny Fortson?

Rather mediocre against UK, played even with towns
http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400587874

Rebounded well against Duke but shot poorly, makes a big difference when someone is stronger than you, which is not often the case for Montrezl but will be in the NBA all of the time.  Okafor looked great this game.
http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400587922

Really good game against ND
http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400588015

Michigan State he did good but not enough to win against their post players which were not stellar
http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400787680

I just don't want another 6-8 guy who is a tweener and who lacks post skills and range.  He plays hard and rebounds like  a madman.   I could live with him if he got rid of Sully and Picked Frank the tank though as they would compliment each other well.   Not that I want to take Frank the Tank, I don't.

Very poor fit for CBS, he can't spread the floor or shoot well.   Would do ok on the defensive end but would not do well in CBS's offense.

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2015, 01:44:48 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I think the Harrisons are going to struggle as they lack elite speed that is common in the NBA,  Harrell is short PF, a tweener.   Ainge has a history of drafting guys who can play but have flaws hoping for high risk high reward to happen.

I hope he does not do it this year.   Harrell cannot protect the rim.  I think the Ben Wallace comparisons are a reach, maybe Bo Outlaw or Danny Fortson?

Rather mediocre against UK, played even with towns
http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400587874

Rebounded well against Duke but shot poorly, makes a big difference when someone is stronger than you, which is not often the case for Montrezl but will be in the NBA all of the time.  Okafor looked great this game.
http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400587922

Really good game against ND
http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400588015

Michigan State he did good but not enough to win against their post players which were not stellar
http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400787680

I just don't want another 6-8 guy who is a tweener and who lacks post skills and range.  He plays hard and rebounds like  a madman.   I could live with him if he got rid of Sully and Picked Frank the tank though as they would compliment each other well.   Not that I want to take Frank the Tank, I don't.

Very poor fit for CBS, he can't spread the floor or shoot well.   Would do ok on the defensive end but would not do well in CBS's offense.

to be fair, I would take him with our Clippers pick. Not really a loss there. I mean after the lottery, what are you chances of hitting a superstar or even allstar. I think the Clippers pick will be around the early 20s, and with the early 20s, or whatever the position is, I'd take Harrell in a heartbeat if he is still available

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2015, 01:46:12 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
He might be explosive towards the hoop but he does lack lateral quickness.

I would take him with our second pick. And I would package the second rounder from the sixes with the clippers pick to move up a few slots to get him if needed but I wouldn't waste the first pick on him.

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2015, 02:10:35 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
I'd take Harrell in a heartbeat if he is still available

Still a poor fit for CBS system who likes bigs who can spread the floor and shoot, things that Harrell can't presently do.

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2015, 02:36:43 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
At clippers pick not bad. Think Harrell is still a growing player and he will get better. Good replacement for Bass.

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2015, 02:39:15 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Reminds me of Ben Wallace (with some range.)
Wallace also was small but could handle big centers.

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2015, 02:52:32 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Still a poor fit for CBS system who likes bigs who can spread the floor and shoot, things that Harrell can't presently do.
Offensively I agree. However, I think defensively he has the upside of guarding 3's 4's and 5's, which fits his system perfectly.

On offense I think the only way it would work is if they had 4 other shooters and played Harrell as the roll man.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2015, 02:53:56 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

At clippers pick not bad. Think Harrell is still a growing player and he will get better. Good replacement for Bass.

Reminds me of Ben Wallace (with some range.)
Wallace also was small but could handle big centers.

I was thinking along the lines of these 2 lines. Young player who I do not think will be ready to contribute right away with the Clippers pick. Low risk, ok reward, can defend. Undersized, but has greath lengths, having him learn and knock down FT line jumpshots with consistency and I think you have a solid 15-20 minute rotation guy

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2015, 03:07:44 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
is it just me or does he make anyone think he's a bigger Kenneth Faried?

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2015, 03:08:51 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

I am trying hard but honestly cant think of too many Centers who spread the floor, and also are elite defenders\shot blockers. 

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2015, 03:12:00 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

There are signs he can shoot a bit, and he has the length to theoretically play center next to a taller power forward, so I think there's a good chance he can be more versatile than Faried, who is limited to being an energy guy due to his size and lack of any sort of range.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2015, 03:16:36 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
Offensively I agree. However, I think defensively he has the upside of guarding 3's 4's and 5's, which fits his system perfectly.
  That is exactly how I feel.

I feel he is a definite NBA talent but I have doubts whether he would fit well with CBS's offense.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:31:49 PM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2015, 03:57:48 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I know, another undersized pf/c. The difference between Harrell and Sullinger/KO is that this guy has a 7'4-7'5 wingspan ,  explosive , can guard multiple positions. 

Harrell's last measurement was a height of 6' 6.5" (with shoes!) and a wingspan of 7-3. Sullinger measured in at 6' 9" with a wingspan of slightly over 7-1. Not sure how many positions Harrell will be able to effectively guard other than the Faired, Bass, T. Robinson (i.e. undersized PF) type.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 04:20:26 PM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2015, 02:17:31 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
I think Harrell is a tweener without a position in the pros.  SF body  in PF skillset.   No thanks.
I've never been a big fan of Harrell's NBA potential. He's a very good college player who I don't see translating over into a good NBA player. If he had a good 3 pt shot, then maybe, but he doesn't have a shot outside the paint and IIRC, he couldn't hit the side of a house with his free throws.

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2015, 03:19:02 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If he ends up being that good he would be a steal around with the clippers pick.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19