Author Topic: Does Kyrie sign an extension (4yr 107M extension) or wait until next offseason?  (Read 2831 times)

Offline mutineer33

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
I hope I am wrong but my gut feeling is that  Kyrie is a Knick by 2020 season start .... possibly earlier.
It is just a gut feeling but my intuition for Celtics things is pretty strong.  I think Kyrie has always wanted to be a knick. If LeBron goes to Lakers it might rekindle a NY vs LA rivalry.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I hope I am wrong but my gut feeling is that  Kyrie is a Knick by 2020 season start .... possibly earlier.
It is just a gut feeling but my intuition for Celtics things is pretty strong.  I think Kyrie has always wanted to be a knick. If LeBron goes to Lakers it might rekindle a NY vs LA rivalry.
Wuuuuut??

What on earth is this based on?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline mutineer33

• Oshae Brissett
Wuuuuut??

The Knicks were on Kyrie's original trade list and reported to be at or near the top. Unwilling to trade Porzingis the Knicks lacked the trade assets to make a deal. There is a lot online about Kyrie's connections NY/NJ area and his old affinity for the Knicks.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Wuuuuut??

Well depends on which earth we're talking about here..

Is it flat? Middle? Oval shaped? :)

And that doesn't make any sense. Knicks was his preferred trade destination, but only because he wanted to be in a good market with a great supporting cast in KP. Kyrie has that and more here..
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Wuuuuut??

And that doesn't make any sense. Knicks was his preferred trade destination, but only because he wanted to be in a good market with a great supporting cast in KP. Kyrie has that and more here..
Cube shaped of course ;)

That’s what I was thinking too

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
I think he'll try to get more money. Hayward has the biggest paycheck at the moment.
I moved the cheese.

Offline mutineer33

• Oshae Brissett
Wuuuuut??

Kyrie is a different kind of cat.   I love his game on the court, but I wonder how he will adjust when Jalen or Jason decides to make the team "theirs".  Some little things bother me already in terms of his buy in.

1) Why a no show at a critical game 7?  I see the excuses about deviated septum surgeries, but NBA players are fully able to schedule elective surgery any time they want. It is a lame excuse ... even Hayward made it in along with Theis and Larkin.

2) As a vet, it seems the young guns drifted much more to AL as a leader than Kyrie. This is somewhat normal as Kyrie was also new on the roster and AL is a natural leader, but even on the court it showed up in body language etc.

Anyway, I am not bashing Kyrie ... i love his game in fact. I AM questioning his long term commitment to the C's and whether his heart is still in NYC.

Don't be shocked if the rest of him is in NYC by start of 2020.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Wuuuuut??

Kyrie is a different kind of cat.   I love his game on the court, but I wonder how he will adjust when Jalen or Jason decides to make the team "theirs".  Some little things bother me already in terms of his buy in.

1) Why a no show at a critical game 7?  I see the excuses about deviated septum surgeries, but NBA players are fully able to schedule elective surgery any time they want. It is a lame excuse ... even Hayward made it in along with Theis and Larkin.

2) As a vet, it seems the young guns drifted much more to AL as a leader than Kyrie. This is somewhat normal as Kyrie was also new on the roster and AL is a natural leader, but even on the court it showed up in body language etc.

Anyway, I am not bashing Kyrie ... i love his game in fact. I AM questioning his long term commitment to the C's and whether his heart is still in NYC.

Don't be shocked if the rest of him is in NYC by start of 2020.
1) he was in the locker room

Can’t really argue with 2. Everyone views Al as the leader of this team. However both JT & Rozier have raved about how Kyrie helped them develop. I’m just happy we have both