Author Topic: Final Piece of the Puzzle KAT?  (Read 5042 times)

Re: Final Piece of the Puzzle KAT?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2020, 08:28:32 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
KAT seems like a tantalizing player that you think you can change and turn into a gritty guy that will do whatever it takes to win a championship, but all signs point to him not being that guy.

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2020, 11:27:38 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Towns has his flaws, just ask Jimmy Butler, but it's worth noting that:

1) Offensively, he's basically Kevin Durant at center. Yes, that good.

2) In his MIN career, his +/- is about 3 points per 100 possessions higher than Wiggins. They both started and played 35 mpg for 4 years together. Hmmm, who's the problem? Towns' teams have actually outscored their opponents for his entire career, when he's on the floor.

3) When he was on the floor during the Jimmy Butler season, they were a playoff level team in the west.

Don't get me wrong, it's a huge risk to pay what would be a huge price to get him, but Towns might be underrated at this point. If only we still had a war chest of picks, rather than needing to offer up something like Brown.

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2020, 12:18:28 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731
No, No, No !!!

Along with the fact that he is a poor defender and has a bit of a reputation for being lazy and a relative head case, the worst aspect of Townes' game is that he does not have the heart of a competitor. Reportedly, that was the biggest problem that Jimmy Butler had with the guy. I don't want anyone who is weak in the mental toughness department and who, as a superstar level talent, is not obsessed with winning championships. He is not as much of a cancer - but Townes' would be somewhat similar to a Kyrie Irving who plays center instead of point guard.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2020, 09:06:27 AM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Although he only played with Towns for one year, I've always wondered what KG's opinion of KAT is.

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2020, 10:10:19 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Only way he gotta leave Minny is if he ask to be traded or free agent..if it’s FA way, we have zero chance cause of contracts to Tatum, Walker, Smart and Brown unless we can free up more cash
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2020, 10:55:09 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Not saying I wouldn't take him, but I'm not killing myself to get em.

This league is about dominant wings. Sure AD won it last yr. But he wasn't doing it without lebron.

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2020, 01:10:26 PM »

Offline michigan adam

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
We have the dominant wings.  2 of them.  Now we have to fill in around them.  The C's will never be a top 5 scoring team under BS, but they will be perennially be top 5 in defense.  The C's need big men who can switch on the pnr, grab rebounds, hit an occasional shot from the outside to keep the D honest, and not demand the ball on every play to take touches away from the big three.  After the big 3, the other 2 starters better be able to play off the ball and be ready to catch hot passes.  A bigger theis that doesn't pushed around so much by the big guys is really what is needed for the C spot.  Passing ability is a big positive.  As for the other starter, Smart is almost ideal, if his scoring ability was a little more efficient, or his usage was a little lower...

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2020, 03:03:30 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
There's no planet (except NBA2k) on which this trade could be remotely possible. KAT for Kemba with DLo there just isn't happening. And KAT For JB is a bad idea. I don't think KAT impacts winning as much as JB does, and will. I will give Greenly a TP for coming up with some zany ideas though  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D