Author Topic: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread  (Read 198532 times)

Re: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2019, 01:25:29 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Would love to see Walker in Boston. Would absolutely be a great fit.

If they let Rozier walk and give Kemba the max slot...how much do they have left on the Bi annual and MLE to get a big?
You don't get the BAE or MLE if you operate as an under the cap team. You just have the room exception at 4.9 million (I think that's the room amount next year)

Kemba's max would take up essentially all of our cap space at 32 million starting salary roughly.

Maybe Ainge has something else up him sleeve for a big guy if we are going after Walker.

If he WANTS to come here I say go for it.  It’s much different than Irving being traded here, and being wishy washy on the Celtics.  He is a huge talent, and a good character guy. 

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2019, 01:25:57 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Would love to see Walker in Boston. Would absolutely be a great fit.

If they let Rozier walk and give Kemba the max slot...how much do they have left on the Bi annual and MLE to get a big?
You don't get the BAE or MLE if you operate as an under the cap team. You just have the room exception at 4.9 million (I think that's the room amount next year)

Kemba's max would take up essentially all of our cap space at 32 million starting salary roughly.
A number of people on this board are pretty adamant about improving the big man rotation. I think signing Kemba could result in a lot of people being mad at who we get to fill out the frontcourt.

I think Kemba could perform similarly to Kyrie without most of the issues. Replacing Kyrie with Kemba would be great, replacing Al with whoever we would get at the MLE would not be great.

Still I think signing Kemba is one of the best case scenarios for the C's
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2019, 01:26:07 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Kemba would be giving up a lot of money to go here. I can see why the C’s would be suitors. I don’t see why KW would be interested.

Hornets are a pretty inept franchise. He might want to play with a team that is young but has a lot of talent.

« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2019, 01:26:52 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Kemba would be giving up a lot of money to go here. I can see why the C’s would be suitors. I don’t see why KW would be interested.
Take a gander at their roster.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHO/2019.html

If Kemba wants to win more than money then Charlotte would need to present some sort of plan to him how they can get back into the playoff mix. Look at their roster and salary situation, I don't see a good path.....

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2019, 01:27:20 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
If Kemba comes here that means Rozier is not staying. That is a huge win for Boston.

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2019, 01:29:20 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Kemba would be a HUGE pick-up for the Celtics and they could always acquire a big through trade.

For those saying we can't compete without Kyrie (which I don't agree with), Kemba is every bit the player Kyrie is.

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2019, 01:30:06 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Keith Smith

Verified account

@KeithSmithNBA
 16s17 seconds ago
More Keith Smith Retweeted Jordan Slider
Boston would have the Room Exception of $4.76M to use. As well as minimum exceptions as well. This is fairly similar to the summer of 2017 when they signed Gordon Hayward, minus they won't have Al Horford in the fold this time around.

« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2019, 01:30:19 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306

He isn't giving up a lot of $$ if Charlotte won't offer him the max.

« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2019, 01:31:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
If Kemba comes here that means Rozier is not staying. That is a huge win for Boston.

yup....if he is healthy ....we just went from 7-8 seed to top four again .....provided we got Horford or another non - backup level center to help him.   

Kemba really has his act together . 

« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2019, 01:35:52 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
If we did get Kemba, I wonder if Capela is still available. It’d probably require us to lose Smart (ugh) and some picks, but a lineup of Kemba, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, and Capela would seemingly fit together pretty well and be a really good two-way team.

Would really hurt to lose Smart, though. Not sure what other realistic options there would be at Center other than rolling with Timelord, which while I would love to see would not be ideal lol He’ll get plenty of time off the bench for now.

« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2019, 01:38:53 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

yup....if he is healthy ....we just went from 7-8 seed to top four again .....provided we got Horford or another non - backup level center to help him.   

Kemba really has his act together .

And seems like a true professional.

« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2019, 01:39:49 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Love to have Walker but we need bigs..6-8 and under team not going win much
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2019, 01:40:43 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
If we did get Kemba, I wonder if Capela is still available. It’d probably require us to lose Smart (ugh) and some picks, but a lineup of Kemba, Brown, Tatum, Hayward, and Capela would seemingly fit together pretty well and be a really good two-way team.

Would really hurt to lose Smart, though. Not sure what other realistic options there would be at Center other than rolling with Timelord, which while I would love to see would not be ideal lol He’ll get plenty of time off the bench for now.

I’d rather keep Smart and sign someone at a position of need.  Danny must have something else up his sleeve, like sign Kemba and acquire Sabonis for picks and something.  I could get behind something like that.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2019, 01:41:00 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

I would rather deal hayward for drummond plus instead at that point.

Drummond is a center who lets you get away with a pg and 3 wings in the floor together.

But honestly, if charlotte loses out on kemba they desparately will try and do anything to stay semi relevant. And that means trading for paul and or accepting a sign and trade from boston for kemba

Batum, monk, filler of aome sort to houston

Harden
Monk
Batum
Faried
Capela

Paul and hayward to charlotte

Paul
Hayward
Bridges
Williams
Biyombo

Kemba to boston

« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2019, 01:46:01 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

I would rather deal hayward for drummond plus instead at that point.

Drummond is a center who lets you get away with a pg and 3 wings in the floor together.

But honestly, if charlotte loses out on kemba they desparately will try and do anything to stay semi relevant. And that means trading for paul and or accepting a sign and trade from boston for kemba

Batum, monk, filler of aome sort to houston

Harden
Monk
Batum
Faried
Capela

Paul and hayward to charlotte

Paul
Hayward
Bridges
Williams
Biyombo

Kemba to boston

Guys it is possible to have this thread stick to actual rumors and rumor discussion and have trade ideas in a separate thread? Not trying to be a curmudgeon but was hoping we could have a thread for actually discussing the rumors like last offseason.