Author Topic: Celtics can get to teh ECF  (Read 949 times)

Celtics can get to teh ECF
« on: April 23, 2013, 03:00:25 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
They can get there, this year, if:

1. KG, Pierce and Jeff Green really get on a roll together.

2. We stop playing small ball and use Wilcox and Shavlik as "hammers" instead of leaving KG on his own as the only big out there when he's in. Just tell Wilcox and Shavlik to push the limits on physical play in the lane. Either of them on Kenyon Martin would have been nice in game 1. For that matter, I wouldn't mind seeing TWill on JR a little either - that's a good match up size wise.

3. Just take care of the ball and take good shots. I realize that is sometimes easier said than done but at the same time it's simple: Don't make risky non-fundamental passes and move the ball. The risky passes are for guys like Rondo, Chris Paul and Steve Nash to make - everyone else should make the "smart" pass, the fundamental pass...

But bottom line and most important, I still like our chances if KG and Pierce get on a roll and if KG can play a solid 35 a night with 15 and 10, Bradley hawking the points... 

Re: Celtics can get to teh ECF
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 03:03:35 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
Jeff Green and Pierce get on a roll together and KG plays a solid 35 a night with 15 & 10...

And I'm not talking about playing Shav, Wilcox or TWill for 30 minutes a night each - just 10-12 minutes each, a little more rest for KG and a little more overall size and physicality for us.

Take care of the ball - we could win this in 6. 

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 03:06:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I hope so. I don't think so, but I sure hope so.

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 03:13:23 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I'm in full agreement on adding minutes for T-Will, Shav and Wilcox to keep others fresh, and give KG support on the boards and in the paint. Those guys will give us some good minutes.

That said, I don't see us getting past NYK this year. If we can, I agree that IND or ATL will be beatable in round 2 and the C's make the ECF.

It made me shudder to see J Kidd tormenting us like it was 2002 in game 1. Same with Kenyon. Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.!!?

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 03:17:29 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Can't think about next round yet but def think they will get past the knicks.

I know people are overlooking it for some reason but 25 points in a half for the Celtics is there tied for their lowest point total in a half EVER in any game!!

The knicks with 15 steals was the most steals they've had in a game this entire season.

8 points and 8 turnovers in the 4th quarter could very well be the worst quarter of celts baskeball ever.

It wasn't like we  had an unbelievable first half either.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 03:18:14 PM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 34
I just want to get a win first.

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 03:25:36 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I like the idea of using T-Will as a defender/rebounder against JR Smith for a few minutes in each half. Start Courtney Lee instead of Bass and use T-Will against JR Smith when C-Lee needs to go to the bench to get a breather.

I am not fond of going big against New York with two out and out big men. I would be in the next round against Indiana if Boston makes it there.

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 05:21:26 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
"If"

We been battling "Ifs" for a long time.  I do not see us quit playing small ball.   This has been Doc's modus operandi and personal crusade.   We don't have the horses to not play it unless we play guys that Doc doesn't trust.

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 05:43:35 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
We CAN, the problem is CAN WE?

If Atlanta beats Indiana in the second round, then we can get to the ECF.

Let's see if we can even beat NYK. If so, we're gonna get ousted by the Pacers regardless.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 06:56:17 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Not one word on Bass.  ::)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"