Author Topic: Danny made offer for Kawhi/Woj article on SAS and Kawhi(Merged Topics)  (Read 9207 times)

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I think no actual offers were made. Probably that's just Danny asking for the price of Kawhi.

I also think other teams may have made offers or contacted the Spurs for sure, but not sure why just Boston was "leaked" as a team that "made an offer" for him by Woj. Interesting. Maybe driving the price up a bit for PHI and LAL to make a run for him if he is available?

Buford/Ainge both have great relationships and past history, so maybe they were working together to drive up the price? Who knows? Rumors that Pop isn't coming back after 2020 should raise some red flags.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Wow...

from the super max rumors to now officially wanting out...

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I believe San Antonio will continue to try to make amends with Kawhi, in hopes that an extension can be signed. I also believe that most teams will not offer much based on the rumor of Kawhi bolting for LA in one year. Can San Antonio allow select teams to talk to Kawhi, so that other team can get a better feel of his intentions and if he is willing to sign an extension when he hits free agency (so that he can sign for the extra year and more money)? Boston can make a recruitment pitch with Danny, Brad, Wyc, Kyrie, Gordon, Al and even Pierce (who was also born in LA and could relate to Kawhi).

If teams can't talk to Kawhi, I would think San Antonio could only expect to get back maybe 40-50% of a return. If teams are allowed to sit down with Kawhi, maybe the rate of return goes up to 75%. Since Kawhi is a top 5 player, it is almost impossible to get back equal value.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I think no actual offers were made. Probably that's just Danny asking for the price of Kawhi.

I also think other teams may have made offers or contacted the Spurs for sure, but not sure why just Boston was "leaked" as a team that "made an offer" for him by Woj. Interesting. Maybe driving the price up a bit for PHI and LAL to make a run for him if he is available?

Buford/Ainge both have great relationships and past history, so maybe they were working together to drive up the price? Who knows? Rumors that Pop isn't coming back after 2020 should raise some red flags.
why? Pop will be 70 during the season.  That is very old for a coach and a coach's lifestyle.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Danny made offer for Kawhi before February trade deadline
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2018, 12:52:25 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
A couple of thoughts: this must mean that Ainge doesn't believe that Leonard is injured, but then wouldn't that make him a head case?

And what could the offer be? Is Brown and Morris enough to match salaries? I assume all the future picks were on the table too. This was also during Tatum's swoon, so was he offered?

Hypothetically, Brown + Morris + Rozier + Nader could get it done. Nader is solely just there to match salaries.  Might sound like a lot but if Kawhi is relatively healthy and the C's ensure they keep Smart, then that's a deadly team next year. Would absolutely suck to lose Jaylen though, but either way I doubt it happens, b/c Kawhi stays in San Antonio and signs the super-max.

It definitely doesn’t sound like a lot. I love Brown, but I still think that’s a skimpy offer.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2018, 12:58:04 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
A couple of thoughts: this must mean that Ainge doesn't believe that Leonard is injured, but then wouldn't that make him a head case?

And what could the offer be? Is Brown and Morris enough to match salaries? I assume all the future picks were on the table too. This was also during Tatum's swoon, so was he offered?

Hypothetically, Brown + Morris + Rozier + Nader could get it done. Nader is solely just there to match salaries.  Might sound like a lot but if Kawhi is relatively healthy and the C's ensure they keep Smart, then that's a deadly team next year. Would absolutely suck to lose Jaylen though, but either way I doubt it happens, b/c Kawhi stays in San Antonio and signs the super-max.

It definitely doesn’t sound like a lot. I love Brown, but I still think that’s a skimpy offer.
whos offering more for a 1 year rental of kahwi

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2018, 01:27:56 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

whos offering more for a 1 year rental of kahwi

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2018, 01:38:37 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

No way is that skimpy. A one year rental of a potentially gimpy Kawhi is not worth Jaylen Brown alone.

In order to want that trade, you must think that a) you can re-sign Kawhi and/or b) Jaylen stinks.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 01:45:10 PM by green_bballers13 »

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2018, 01:45:22 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

That’s a huge offer. One I wouldn’t do without some sort of open-mindedness from Kawhi about resigning.

Brown is about as good a 21 year old as there is in this league. Uber-athletic, cerebral, elite defender, and can shoot the 3. The ballhandling and midrange will follow. He’s going to be a complete player.

Rozier has the potential to be a good starting PG or a super sub capable of taking over games.

Morris is a tough vet on a good contract.

I really don’t think they get a better offer (Ingram/Kuzma included). But should we do it? I’d wait and see how the LeBron/George/CP3 drama unfolds first. If the Lakers nab two of them, they won’t have cap space for next summer. If Jordan stays with the Clippers, would they have enough space next summer? That may only leave the Knicks or a smaller market than Boston. Ugh, could you imagine if Kawhi and Kyrie BOTH left us for the Knicks! Haha. I’d be done with basketball.
CELTICS 2024

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I just read on Bleacher Report the Spurs are demanding Brandon Ingram, Kuzma, Josh Hart, two firsts and the option to swap two more firsts. My only question is how does a GM make a demand like that with a straight face?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2784441-lakers-trade-rumors-kawhi-leonard-ask-includes-brandon-ingram-kyle-kuzma-more

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I just read on Bleacher Report the Spurs are demanding Brandon Ingram, Kuzma, Josh Hart, two firsts and the option to swap two more firsts. My only question is how does a GM make a demand like that with a straight face?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2784441-lakers-trade-rumors-kawhi-leonard-ask-includes-brandon-ingram-kyle-kuzma-more

Answer: Because Buford and Pop HATE the Fakers and don’t want to trade with them unless they can get the moon....So, they ask for the moon...

The price for any WC team will be higher, but the price for the Fakers will be highest.

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Answer: Because Buford and Pop HATE the Fakers and don’t want to trade with them unless they can get the moon....So, they ask for the moon...

The price for any WC team will be higher, but the price for the Fakers will be highest.

How doesn't Jerry West for the Clippers capitalize on this. They can't risk becoming non-existent again. They need a star.

Harris + Beverly
+
Evans or Wallace or Thornwell
+
Shai or Robinson
+
future firsts

Sneak in. Get Leonard. Get out.

Keep building and try to get another big name to join Leonard next year.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The pick swaps are irrelevant. Is there anyway the Spurs finish with a better record than the Lakers in the next few years? If the Lakers can get it to 1 first with the pick swaps, they should jump at that deal.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 03:41:16 PM by jambr380 »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

How doesn't Jerry West for the Clippers capitalize on this. They can't risk becoming non-existent again. They need a star.

Harris + Beverly
+
+
Shai or Robinson
+
future firsts

TP.....thinking the same.

Just saw something (reddit or ReALGM) that said Clips and Suxers  were KL’s teams of choice over the Fakers, but over us too.

If that’s the case, sure hope the Clips get him....maybe we can facilitate?

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Harris + Beverly
+
+
Shai or Robinson
+
future firsts

TP.....thinking the same.

Just saw something (reddit or ReALGM) that said Clips and Suxers  were KL’s teams of choice over the Fakers, but over us too.

If that’s the case, sure hope the Clips get him....maybe we can facilitate?

I'll say this - I'd certainly trust Jerry West more than Magic Johnson when it comes to building a contender.