Author Topic: Prince making a difference  (Read 11199 times)

Prince making a difference
« on: January 24, 2015, 12:07:23 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Solid player.  Doesnt make too mistakes. Seeing him talk to the players during huddles, after whistles and CBS after timeouts are called. CBS is listening. Players are listening. Prince has won a ring and been on some solid teams.  I would not mind having him back for another year if he is willing to stick around

Re: Prince making a difference
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 12:23:00 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Solid player.  Doesnt make too mistakes. Seeing him talk to the players during huddles, after whistles and CBS after timeouts are called. CBS is listening. Players are listening. Prince has won a ring and been on some solid teams.  I would not mind having him back for another year if he is willing to stick around
I'm curious, are you pro-tanking (mainly just meaning prioritizing playing Smart and Young over the other vets) or pro-winning as many as we can the rest of the year? Legitimate question.

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 12:25:08 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Crowder and Prince contributing.

Nelson contributed with a missed three.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 12:28:57 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Nelson

Sucks

He is some bodies else's problem child now ..... ;D

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 12:33:07 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I'm curious, are you pro-tanking (mainly just meaning prioritizing playing Smart and Young over the other vets) or pro-winning as many as we can the rest of the year? Legitimate question.

Best players on the court. No freebees.

I want to win.  I dont care about tanking. Im with Tommy. You need to build a solid foundation 1st.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 12:46:47 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I want to win.  I dont care about tanking. Im with Tommy. You need to build a solid foundation 1st.

But isn't that part of the problem in the first place?  We don't even have a semblance of a core or foundation right now, let alone a cornerstone like Pierce to build around, and until we get such a player, we have to be bad in order to get a favorable draft position so that we have the ability to make such a selection. 

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 01:56:36 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

But isn't that part of the problem in the first place?  We don't even have a semblance of a core or foundation right now, let alone a cornerstone like Pierce to build around, and until we get such a player, we have to be bad in order to get a favorable draft position so that we have the ability to make such a selection.

No. Look at the Hawks. FAs will want to play for them next season.

Draft picks (even late ones) will mature faster (or should).

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 02:08:03 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
After the Hawks resign Millsap and Carroll they are going to be pretty much capped out.

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 02:34:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
After the Hawks resign Millsap and Carroll they are going to be pretty much capped out.

at this rate, key bench players will take a paycut to play for the Hawks

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 03:46:02 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

If they get adequate playing time, sure, or at least I would hope so, lol. ;D  I'm a little confused, though.  Who is part of our core as of now, in your opinion?  Smart, Young, and Sullinger?  I've probably forgotten someone here, right?

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 03:51:16 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

I think that you can be pro-tanking and still want a couple of key vets around to make sure that good habits are being developed. Young still has a lot to learn about defense and Prince was a Kentucky guy who liked to jack 3's. You'd imagine he's a near ideal mentor for James Young.

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 04:24:09 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
He probably has another 10 games max as a Celtic.

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 06:44:15 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

The Hawks are not a championship calibre team-Danny Ainge echoed this sentiment on radio last week too.
They also drafted Al Horford with the 3rd pick after Oden and Durant.

Prince is a great veteran but he'll be gone by February. Having him play these minutes is to prove his worth for a trade- that's it.
He's taking precious minutes from young guys and has no future with the Celtics.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 07:03:50 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Lol
Prince has been garbage for years now

He's doing it so another team will actually want him

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 07:35:23 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 151
Hawks not Championship material?  They've won something like 18 games in a row.  The only thing that going to keep them from going deep into the playoff is their propensity to develop injuries as the season progresses.   
[/quote]

The Hawks are not a championship calibre team-Danny Ainge echoed this sentiment on radio last week too.
They also drafted Al Horford with the 3rd pick after Oden and Durant.

[/quote]