Author Topic: Ryan Anderson Traded to Phoenix  (Read 3950 times)

Re: Ryan Anderson Traded to Phoenix
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2018, 10:49:09 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Phoenix must have really soured on Chriss. Either was a pain in but or just a cancel in the locker room. The kid just turned 21 and they knew he was a project. Strange to just give up on him. While very athletic, didn't seem to have much of a basketball IQ. Reminds me of Gerald Green.

Houston got what they wanted in this deal.

I'm not sure I like what PHX is doing. What is the point of a rebuild if you trade away a nr. 8 pick after only two years with the team.
this was the knock on him during the draft. it turned out to be a major drawback it seems. another player i am glad ainge avoided.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2018, 11:06:42 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
Phoenix must have really soured on Chriss. Either was a pain in but or just a cancel in the locker room. The kid just turned 21 and they knew he was a project. Strange to just give up on him. While very athletic, didn't seem to have much of a basketball IQ. Reminds me of Gerald Green.

Houston got what they wanted in this deal.

I'm not sure I like what PHX is doing. What is the point of a rebuild if you trade away a nr. 8 pick after only two years with the team.
this was the knock on him during the draft. it turned out to be a major drawback it seems. another player i am glad ainge avoided.
This trade might be a good move for Chris's career.  I am guessing Houston will ask him to do a much more specific set of things, probably built around what his strengths already are.  For someone with Chriss's weaknesses (bball IQ) that is probably a better approach than him trying to get good at everything all at once. 

Additionally, the veteran looker room could help him focus in a more professional manner.  He might be an interesting backup C to Clint Capella.

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2018, 11:23:39 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Its Dragan Bender time in Phoenix! It looks like they made their choice between him and Chriss and are leaving Bender with an open path to develop with a ton of minutes this season.

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2018, 12:01:24 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Anderson and Knight will both have 15.6M guaranteed for the 2019-2020 season.

To clear the way for a trade out of Houston, Ryan Anderson agreed to reduce the guarantee on his $21M salary in 2019-20 to $15.6M, league sources told ESPN. For the Suns, the $15.6M represents Brandon Knight’s salary for the 2019-20 season.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1035554511954366465

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2018, 12:19:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Phoenix giving up on a young Chriss so early reminds me of Charlotte giving up on Noah Vonleh really early. Charlotte knew what they were doing. Vonleh is not good. Could be Phoenix is right about Chris's. Time will tell.

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2018, 12:20:47 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
So Houston saves some money but what do the Suns get out of this?  Is Booker going to be their starting PG? 
Looks like it. That's why they went for the spacing with RA. Maybe they believe that Jackson can do it. Who knows what these shaky franchises go for. They change their minds each month.

Still have Isaiah Cannon and Tyler Ulis at PG too

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2018, 12:51:46 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
So Houston saves some money but what do the Suns get out of this?  Is Booker going to be their starting PG? 
Looks like it. That's why they went for the spacing with RA. Maybe they believe that Jackson can do it. Who knows what these shaky franchises go for. They change their minds each month.

Still have Isaiah Cannon and Tyler Ulis at PG too

POSTED: JUN 30, 2018

The Phoenix Suns have waived guard Tyler Ulis.

Ulis averaged 7.6 points and 4.1 assists in 132 appearances over two seasons with the Suns after the team selected him with the 34th pick of the 2016 NBA Draft.

https://www.nba.com/suns/press-release/phoenix-suns-waive-tyler-ulis

Canaan’s contract is non-guaranteed, per team source. He will fight for a roster spot at training camp.

https://twitter.com/esidery/status/1025500319722205184

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2018, 01:12:50 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Its Dragan Bender time in Phoenix! It looks like they made their choice between him and Chriss and are leaving Bender with an open path to develop with a ton of minutes this season.

He already gets a ton of minutes (25 MPG) and still sucks badly. Bender is probably the worst player in the league that actually gets minutes. He actually played in a THIRD SL despite being a 25MPG player. He's good for some threes with no one within 10 feet, but that's about it. Anderson might be a replacement when they move on from this stiff as well.

Josh Jackson is definitely not going to "space the floor". Guy is one of the worst shooters in the league. He shot 26.3% from 3 last year.

The Suns franchise blew the 2016 and 2017 draft completely but hopefully these vets can turn it around somehow.

My guess is they'll probably use Bender and picks to try to go get a PG..
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 01:23:56 PM by JHTruth »

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2018, 04:19:44 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
If you want to fleece an NBA Front Office. Phoenix is the one to call. Knight will help the Rockets. I could see Paul, Knight and Harden on the floor at the same time. Scary!!!
Chriss will now have some coaching. Hakeeem will get him right.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2018, 05:39:17 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Pretty neutral trade.  Nobody really wants any of these players.  If the goal is to win in the next couple of years I see Ryan Anderson potentially helping more than the guys the Suns gave up.