Author Topic: Jimmy Butler open to joining lakers in 2019  (Read 4841 times)

Re: Jimmy Butler open to joining lakers in 2019
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2018, 02:15:57 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Anyone concerned about the Lakers and their talent being able to stop a lineup of Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford?

I got Lakers fans around me screaming finals and 3-peats already

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2018, 11:12:11 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Anyone concerned about the Lakers and their talent being able to stop a lineup of Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford?

lakers currently aren't even as good as last years cavs. I cant name anyone on that team even as good as Kevin Love behind Lebron.

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2018, 11:49:02 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

Time is undefeated. I know that LeBron is breaking all the rules for durability, but he can't stay that dominant much longer. There is a world of difference between 33 and 35, and that's when they begin to compete.

He'll still be really good at 37, but he won't be better than everyone else any more.

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2018, 12:33:07 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

lakers currently aren't even as good as last years cavs. I cant name anyone on that team even as good as Kevin Love behind Lebron.
Ingram has a very good chance of having a higher peak then Love, though I don't think he will surpass him next year. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2018, 12:42:45 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Who's going to actually play defense for that Lakers team? Javale McGee is not Tristan Thompson, Lebron's going to miss having that strong presence in the paint and on the boards.

Zubac barely even played last year when they sucked, I can't see him being a key contributor on the defensive end for them either.

Lance Stephenson has lost a few steps, and so has Rondo.

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2018, 01:23:59 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
be so glade when bron is out of the league

That's the Biggest TP of the year Shaq.

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2018, 02:35:33 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
When LeBron retires, they'll most likely have Kawhi Leonard/Brandon Ingram/Jimmy Butler so they're still pretty solid for another few years. Warriors will not be as good, and the West will likely run through the Lakers.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2018, 10:26:36 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
When LeBron retires, they'll most likely have Kawhi Leonard/Brandon Ingram/Jimmy Butler so they're still pretty solid for another few years. Warriors will not be as good, and the West will likely run through the Lakers.
Why will they most likely have that trio? Like they were a sure thing to sign PG13? I don't get it, they continue to whiff on their big FA targets besides LBJ
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2018, 10:41:45 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Why will they most likely have that trio? Like they were a sure thing to sign PG13? I don't get it, they continue to whiff on their big FA targets besides LBJ

I too would like to think that the Lakers will continue with their difficulties attracting free agents but I also realize that this is a different Laker regime and this regime with LBJ and without Kobe is a more attractive free agent destination.

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2018, 11:23:44 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
George got traded to a team with a superstar that he liked.  If he didn't get along so well with Russ, he would have been a Laker more than likely.  Jimmy Butler is apparently very unhappy in Minnesota and probably doesn't come back.  That doesn't mean he ends up in LA, but he probably isn't a Timberwolf after this season.  Leonard may fall in love with Toronto, or he may not, but if he leaves Toronto, I can't see him going any where but LA (either one). 

That said there is almost no way the Lakers end up with both Butler and Leonard next summer from a financial perspective.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2018, 12:22:45 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
George got traded to a team with a superstar that he liked.  If he didn't get along so well with Russ, he would have been a Laker more than likely.  Jimmy Butler is apparently very unhappy in Minnesota and probably doesn't come back.  That doesn't mean he ends up in LA, but he probably isn't a Timberwolf after this season.  Leonard may fall in love with Toronto, or he may not, but if he leaves Toronto, I can't see him going any where but LA (either one). 

That said there is almost no way the Lakers end up with both Butler and Leonard next summer from a financial perspective.
I don't disagree with anything you say. In fact, I basically agree entirely. I was more just saying that the Lakers are always sure things to get player x, until player x chooses somewhere else.

And yeah, there's no way they can have that trio money wise unless something major happens
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2018, 02:37:25 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I think that LeBron will still play at age of 42.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2018, 02:39:57 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Who's going to actually play defense for that Lakers team? Javale McGee is not Tristan Thompson, Lebron's going to miss having that strong presence in the paint and on the boards.

Zubac barely even played last year when they sucked, I can't see him being a key contributor on the defensive end for them either.

Lance Stephenson has lost a few steps, and so has Rondo.

Don't worry, Refs will make up for those lost steps by letting Lebron take extra steps!

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2018, 03:21:52 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
be so glade when bron is out of the league

That's the Biggest TP of the year Shaq.

Don't care for the attitude of wanting Lebron gone from the East ........ or from the league. I share Jaylen Brown's attitude - I want to beat the guy, not wait for him to leave. Did Red and Larry run from the Lakers and Magic. Hell no - they beat him in '84 with mental toughness and rebounding and then put together the greatest team in history to win again in 1986. If Bias lives, they win again in '87. Danny - keep this team together and keep building with all the future draft picks. Let's be a contender for the next decade and hang 5 more banners.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 03:31:07 AM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2018, 03:34:36 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732

Fine with me - We owe them some Finals losses.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce