Author Topic: Celtics (1-3) at Knicks (3-1) Game 5 5/1  (Read 90930 times)

Re: Celtics (1-3) at Knicks (3-1) Game 5 5/1
« Reply #765 on: May 01, 2013, 10:22:59 PM »

Offline TenaciousD

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 50
Don't wann jinx it, but winnig this series (if and when) after 0-3 and against the Knicks of all teams, can be almost as good as the title.
  One more.  Thats all right now. Win that next one. At home. Period.

« Reply #766 on: May 01, 2013, 10:27:09 PM »

Offline TenaciousD

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 50
The Knix (Felton excepted) shot for ptah tonight.  Dont spose we can hope for a repeat on Friday?   Memo to the coach: best defender on Felton and pray for Melo-SMith to shoot themselves out of it.

« Reply #767 on: May 01, 2013, 10:41:45 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460

« Reply #768 on: May 01, 2013, 10:43:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
amazing game, KG  still has it.   ........he dominated the boards and he probably is playing hurt

we may be in the Knicks heads

we will be if we win friday. you can take that to the bank

yup.......we win fri and we will be standing on the Knicks throats.....

« Reply #769 on: May 01, 2013, 10:45:18 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1679
The Knix (Felton excepted) shot for ptah tonight.  Dont spose we can hope for a repeat on Friday?   Memo to the coach: best defender on Felton and pray for Melo-SMith to shoot themselves out of it.

It's not just about putting the best defender on Felton.  The Knicks use a ton of screens when he has the ball.  Stopping the pick-and-roll takes good defense from the entire team.  Chandler is also excellent at setting screens and rolling to the basket, which makes the task that much more difficult.

Honestly I think that offense is more effective than iso-Melo or iso-Smith. 

« Reply #770 on: May 01, 2013, 10:51:55 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Had to start late on DVR, just finished - great game!  Getting some pride back after the horrible start (to the series and this game). 

Lotta pressure on the Knicks now.  Win the next game and the NY media will start turning on them bigtime. 

« Reply #771 on: May 01, 2013, 10:53:39 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Had to start late on DVR, just finished - great game!  Getting some pride back after the horrible start (to the series and this game). 

Lotta pressure on the Knicks now.  Win the next game and the NY media will start turning on them bigtime.

Watched the post-game on MSG a little bit, they already are
DKC Suns

« Reply #772 on: May 01, 2013, 10:55:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

No doubt but it'll get absolutely deafening if they lose another.  Knicks fans and media always exaggerate the peaks and the valleys. 

« Reply #773 on: May 01, 2013, 10:57:30 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

No doubt but it'll get absolutely deafening if they lose another.  Knicks fans and media always exaggerate the peaks and the valleys.

Sounds a lot like Boston, TBH.

« Reply #774 on: May 01, 2013, 11:23:17 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
What a game !!!

I had the chance to be in Madison for this one and... wow. One of the greatest games I've seen from the Celtics considering this season, the roster, the potential (KG's last game? etc).

I was scared when the Celtics lost their lead at the end and went on their usual offensive drought but everyone stepped at the right time : Terry with his 3's, Jeff with his huge buckets at the end (loved his drive and 3's, so poised).

Also, I was worried when I saw Williams on the court but I actually felt better when he was playing, he seemed to drive at will to the rim (and be surprised by it).

My respect for KG has always been huge but it has improved : it's obvious he is old, banged up, tired, but he plays 100% all the time and has a tremendous impact. He controlled the boards tonight and it made a big difference. And the Knicks fans really booed him all game long, in bad, bad ways, and even after the game, when he went to the team bus. But he just shut them up the best way he could : by playing the perfect game and getting the win.

Great great game, I'm so happy right now! One of my best Celtics memories, so proud of this team. I don't care for the rest of the series, we're probably going to lose anyway but man, I love this team.

« Reply #775 on: May 01, 2013, 11:29:32 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
The Knix (Felton excepted) shot for ptah tonight.  Dont spose we can hope for a repeat on Friday?
You play tough aggressive physical D for 48 minutes and push guys around that tends to happen. You wear guys down and all of a sudden even un-guarded their tossing bricks up.

Keep tightening them screws -Doc
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #776 on: May 01, 2013, 11:46:05 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
The Knicks had to leave MSG in their silly, idiotic black outfits, right?  Oh that's rich. 

Seeing the Knicks coming out of their cars nattily dressed in all black, some of them smirking, had me irritated to say the least.

« Reply #777 on: May 02, 2013, 12:07:00 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Knicks already getting a little frustrated. When asked about the black outfits Kenyon Martin just kept saying I'm here to talk about basketball.. Welp Kenyon lesson learned. When you were asked about basketball about the other day you brought up how the Celtics were heading to a funeral. Now you don't want to own it. LoL Clown!!!

« Reply #778 on: May 02, 2013, 12:17:44 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Gameplan (in my book)...

1. Have Lee guard JR Smith. Pierce is too slow and Bradley is too small. Basically, whenever JR is on the court, Lee should be too. So we still start Bradley, Pierce, Green, Bass, Garnett, but Lee comes in (probably for Pierce) early. Added bonus: Pierce is rested for the 4th quarter.

2. Keep Bass on Melo! Nobody can deny it worked in game 4. When Bass isn't in the game, have Green on Melo.

3. Get Terry going early with a few jumpers or PnR's. Terry plays best when he's confident, and he's confident when he makes his first few shots.

4. PLAY SHAV!!! Give him a short leash, because it is an elimination game, but we can't let Kenyon Martin keep producing against whatever tiny frontcourt we trot out.

5. Don't let Bradley handle the ball. Bradley should be a defender, a corner three shooter, and a cutter. Nothing more.

Do these, and we have a good shot.

Point No 1 - x Lee never got in the game and is out of the rotation.

Point 2 - Solid call there, look for the same thing in Game 6.

Point 3 - Praise the Lord JET has his confidnence back

Point 4 Not happening - If Shav plays it will be due to foul trouble amongst all the bigs. In that case the war is lost.

Point 5 - another good call. Bradley has a tough matchup with Felton.

Onto Game 6 and I look for the Celtics to play their best gaem and get it to a seventh and deciding game.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #779 on: May 02, 2013, 12:24:17 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!