Author Topic: Celtics Logo ranked 6th Best  (Read 11659 times)

Celtics Logo ranked 6th Best
« on: September 08, 2015, 05:01:23 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62

Re: Celtics Logo ranked 6th Best
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 05:19:27 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I think 1st/2nd but not worse than 4th.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 05:22:10 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Today I learned people still read Grantland.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 05:45:19 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Today I learned people still read Grantland.

Zach Lowe and Bill Barnwell is pretty much it for me.  And the occasional Charles Pierce thing.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 07:07:34 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
People like the Grizzlies and Bucks logos?

And "touchy sorts' find the Celtics' logo to be "offensive"?

I'm getting too old.  Zach Lowe and his band of experts can get off of my lawn.

(Speaking of "offensive"and getting old ...  Zach Lowe is dropping MFer bombs now?  Does that make him edgy and hip?)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 07:14:49 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think the Bucks new logo is pretty great.  The Grizzlies logo is solid.  I don't really have a problem with any part of the list, though I don't particularly care about the list, in general.

I don't think the Celts' logo is in any way offensive, but it is grounded in a kind of quaint stereotypical image that probably would seem really weird if it came out today.  Probably the bigger thing is calling the team "Sell-ticks" when that's not the proper way to pronounce the word.  Not to mention that "Celtic" refers to a group of people that spanned across all of Western Europe at one point in time and that were in no way concentrated or centered in Ireland.

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 07:59:57 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
this is a travesty. the nba logo should be the Celtics logo.

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 08:40:22 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
Seems about right. It's a good logo but what he says about the colors a spot on. The new logo that's just white and green is a terrific update that simplifies everything.

The new Bucks logo might be my favorite in the league. The simplicity of the Bulls' logo is terrific. Same goes for Memphis. I don't really care for the Heat logo but I get it. If I ranked them, I might swap the Charlotte logo (good, but not my #2) with the Trailblazers logo (ranked below the Celtics at #7). I love the Blazers logo. I love the colors, the concept, and everything about it.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 10:46:08 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Looks like your old age is already putting in work on your reading comprehension.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 10:51:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Looks like your old age is already putting in work on your reading comprehension.

"Touchy sorts could find it offensive"

"... it is derived from embarrassing clichés".

My reading comprehension is fine, thanks.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 10:54:53 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

"Touchy sorts could find it offensive"

"... it is derived from embarrassing clichés".

My reading comprehension is fine, thanks.

So you don't think 'could find' and 'derived from embarassing cliches' are any different from "touchy sorts find the Celtics' logo to be offensive"? Because that, which you posted, is -- you know, not to put too fine a point on it -- not exactly what's being said in the article.

I will bring you your lemonade and today's paper Mr Hobbs. You just rest up, ok?  :D

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 11:06:14 PM »

Offline huzy

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • We not Me
People like the Grizzlies and Bucks logos?

I'm getting too old.  Zach Lowe and his band of experts can get off of my lawn.

(Speaking of "offensive"and getting old ...  Zach Lowe is dropping MFer bombs now?  Does that make him edgy and hip?)

Haven't commented on CB in months but inclined to ask, why the beef with Lowe? From my view one of the most thorough and balanced writers on the League.

Was really struck and surprised by the apparent disdain. With the similar diligence of your posts I assumed you'd be a fan.
"      “I can make a trade every day if I want to, but that's not going to help us. A trade that would get us better rarely comes along. They're very difficult to find. Good trades are very difficult in our league and don't happen very often.”
-Danny Ainge

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 11:42:37 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
No mention or credit for Red Auerbach's brother being the artist behind the Celt's logo diminishes the depth of the article.  My ranking of the logo's would have been significantly different than Zach Lowe's.  I am unsure as to what "experts who understand the process" means?  Other artists? Market polling?  Who did they poll?  NBA fans?  Individual team fans?
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 11:45:47 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I really hate the Hornets logo. But the Bulls, Bucks, Blazers, and of course, Celtics logos are awesome.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 11:46:43 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
No mention or credit for Red Auerbach's brother being the artist behind the Celt's logo diminishes the depth of the article.

The credit is in a footnote under the Celtics section. Click on the bright red 5.