Author Topic: McMenanim: Cavs players don't think current roster can compete (Merged)  (Read 25379 times)

Re: McMenanim: Cavs players don't think current roster can compete (Merged)
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2018, 07:14:11 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Windhorst reporting that IT could be available at the trade deadline. Granted, that’s a soft “could,” and it’d have to be a good deal for them.

EDIT: Also, on The Jump Windhorst stated that the team is frustrated with IT offensively and how he’s playing (i.e. shooting so much, especially shooting this poorly). But guys, remember, Lue clearly wasn’t referring to IT with his agenda comments.  ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TOJV46IPkO4

Has there ever been a reporter with a more creepy obsession than Windhorst has had with Lebron?  A guy who no matter what the player does verbally fellates him?  Nick Wright is getting close with his infatuation with Lebron but he's more of a TV personality. 

« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2018, 07:14:39 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Windhorst reporting that IT could be available at the trade deadline.

I hope he loves his new home and turns into a defensive stalwart because he's read all of your criticisms.  How do you like those apples?

Oh man. I honestly feel back for IT at this point. Him getting passed around again at the trading deadline would be pretty tough 30 games before he hits free agency coming off an injury with new team doctors.

Yep, I do too.  But his next destination would probably be better for him than the trainwreck in CLE.

Yeah, I’ve said all along that I hated that fit. I still think he ends up a Laker this summer on a big deal after they strike out on their pipe dream of George and James.

That’d put you into a pretty tough bind, huh Tar? Lol Your favorite player on our biggest rival?

« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2018, 07:15:35 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Also, on The Jump Windhorst stated that the team is frustrated with IT offensively and how he’s playing (i.e. shooting so much, especially shooting this poorly). But guys, remember, Lue clearly wasn’t referring to IT with his “agenda” comments.  ;)

EDIT: And given that Windhorst is Lebron’s unofficial mouthpiece, this is pretty interesting.

His contract situation is ruining everything for him. He is pressing and shooting much and is not healthy yet.

« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2018, 07:16:04 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Also, on The Jump Windhorst stated that the team is frustrated with IT offensively and how he’s playing (i.e. shooting so much, especially shooting this poorly). But guys, remember, Lue clearly wasn’t referring to IT with his “agenda” comments.  ;)

EDIT: And given that Windhorst is Lebron’s unofficial mouthpiece, this is pretty interesting.

On AOL sports, Saul reported that CLE is thrilled with IT as a player and person. 

https://youtu.be/-09ayPX_KVs
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2018, 07:18:30 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

I hope he loves his new home and turns into a defensive stalwart because he's read all of your criticisms.  How do you like those apples?

Oh man. I honestly feel back for IT at this point. Him getting passed around again at the trading deadline would be pretty tough 30 games before he hits free agency coming off an injury with new team doctors.

Yep, I do too.  But his next destination would probably be better for him than the trainwreck in CLE.

Yeah, I’ve said all along that I hated that fit. I still think he ends up a Laker this summer on a big deal after they strike out on their pipe dream of George and James.

That’d put you into a pretty tough bind, huh Tar? Lol Your favorite player on our biggest rival?

He would be in a good position there.  Eh, I still love the dude and what he did for the Celtics, but the request for a tribute video to be played at a more convenient time was poor form imo.  Lost a bit respect for him there.

« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2018, 07:35:31 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

He would be in a good position there.  Eh, I still love the dude and what he did for the Celtics, but the request for a tribute video to be played at a more convenient time was poor form imo.  Lost a bit respect for him there.

Eh, I actually thought that was blown out of the water, while being poorly mismanaged by the organization and Danny.

It makes sense why he would want to change the date to when he was actually playing and had family there; however, as soon as he realized it was Pierce's day he should've moved on. The whole thing got blown out of the water and made everyone involved look bad.

« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2018, 08:02:03 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Eh, I actually thought that was blown out of the water, while being poorly mismanaged by the organization and Danny.

It makes sense why he would want to change the date to when he was actually playing and had family there; however, as soon as he realized it was Pierce's day he should've moved on. The whole thing got blown out of the water and made everyone involved look bad.

Yeah the organization botched it.  Guess it depends on his intentions.  Just kind of hard for me to believe that he wasn't taking a jab at Ainge.  And maybe thats what prompted the 08 guys to speak out. 

« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2018, 10:03:26 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Woj bomb: The Cleveland Cavaliers held an emotional team meeting prior to Monday’s practice, where several players challenged the legitimacy of Kevin Love leaving OKC loss on Saturday ill and missing Sunday’s practice, league sources tell ESPN.

Uh-oh. Wonder if he's one of the "agenda" guys Lue mentioned a few days back.

« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2018, 10:11:25 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
You have James, Wade and their guys in one corner....IT in the other and Love in the third. This team hates each other

Now you see why Kyrie wanted out

« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2018, 10:17:55 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
It'd be hilarious if Isaiah were Woj's source.

Anyway, I'm amazed Irving asked for a trade - or it was known he asked for a trade - before Kevin Love. I always thought Love would be the first of the Big 3 to go.

« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2018, 10:19:24 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
You have James, Wade and their guys in one corner....IT in the other and Love in the third. This team hates each other

Regardless of how it ultimately turns out for us, Kyrie looks very smart for getting himself out of that toxic locker room.

« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2018, 10:31:30 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Regardless of how it ultimately turns out for us, Kyrie looks very smart for getting himself out of that toxic locker room.
Some of the criticism aimed at him for being a "me first" type player and person for wanting to be traded away from a team with Lebron on it looks pretty lame now.

« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2018, 10:35:14 PM »

Offline TheLegendaryClub

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 130
I don't think you can single out any one person to blame; there may be issues with IT, Lue's coaching, Love's relationship with teammates, etc, but I still think the Cavs disfunction is mostly an issue of design. The team is full of egos and guys who are past their prime, so naturally they have severe accountability problems. Plenty of analysts had that concern going into the season, and it's clearly proven to be an issue.

Maybe Love will ask to be moved, but I still think IT gets shipped out of town. Seems like it's been a tense fit with him from the beginning- remember how the Cavs wanted the Celtics to throw extra assets into the deal after they'd already agreed on it in principle, based on the notion that IT was "soiled goods"? I doubt floating that claim that made IT feel wanted or welcome.

If he's jacking up shots and playing selfishly right now, it's not surprising-- the Cavs culture doesn't suit him, and vice versa. They're not going to pay him this summer, so he'll be gone one way or another. Might as well try and trade him by the deadline for a useful piece, hopefully one that would appease Lebron.

They could (and probably should) try to deal IT for Kemba Walker, but it would certainly cost them the Brooklyn pick.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 10:42:39 PM by TheLegendaryClub »

« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2018, 10:47:52 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Some of the criticism aimed at him for being a "me first" type player and person for wanting to be traded away from a team with Lebron on it looks pretty lame now.

There's two sides to that.  To be fair, he embraced that persona after the trade. For example, in his interview with Kellerman, he stated that his motivation to leave was his desire to "perfect his craft."  He then responded to questions in a self-centered, childlike way -- with questions, or one word answers -- when asked if he "cared at all" about LeBron potentially having his feelings hurt.  It's easy to see how some thought of him as selfish (even trade demand aside).  That he was arrogant, condescending, and disrespectful throughout the interview just verified that. 

« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2018, 10:52:28 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Kevin Love should tell the team to "F OFF" and DEMAND a trade.

Seriously, he's been their 2nd best player this season and now his teammates are turning on him?

JR Smith is GARBAGE. Thompson is GARBAGE. Wade, Korver and others are corpses out there. Isaiah has been injured. Besides Lebron, who else is really carrying this Cavs team? That's right, K. Love.

Yes, his defense has taken a hit, but he's still a walking double-double out there. IF the Cavaliers are really going to make him one of the scapegoats in all this, Love should demand out. And I CAN'T WAIT for that to happen!  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller