Poll

Of The Current Likely Scenarios, What Path Do You Prefer Most?

Play Detroit, Then Toronto
11 (23.9%)
Play Indiana, Then Milwaukee
19 (41.3%)
Really Don't Care. Whoever We Face, Bring It On!
16 (34.8%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: East Playoff Seedings and Preferences (merged threads)  (Read 12477 times)

Re: East Playoff Seedings and Preferences (merged threads)
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2019, 09:39:39 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
Very easy get #3 and we easy go through the first round. In the second round we'll probably face the Raptors and without HCA that will be pretty tough, but that's a LOT better than having to play the Bucks. That's the team to fear. They're way better than the Raptors. Antetokounmpo >> Leonard.

Don't let last year's win in the playoffs fool you. The Bucks are a different team under Budenholzer and have surrounded Giannis with shooters. That team has figured out how they play and which roles everybody has. Well balanced.

However if the Celtics can play their best game every night they can beat everybody. Even the Bucks, Rockets or Warriors.

Kawhi is a the hardest player to game plan against in the conference even If you manage to shut him down which you really wont you just gotta hope he has a bad game, Kawhi can kill you from 3 from mid range free throws and the paint that's just offensively... defensively he can force turnovers like a mad man block passing lanes with his insane hands create difflications...

Celtics wont beat Toronto Kawhi will player better in the playoffs can the same be said with Gianiss?

The bucks are much more easier to game plan against in my opinion and we already beat them, they may have changed coaches but in the end the players are the ones playing and they have the same personal as last year basically.

Sure Leonard will have good games and there's not a lot you can do about it, but he's not a guy that can dominate a series like Giannis. And although Giannis has weak points in his game, it's still almost impossible to stop him, just like LeBron. And Giannis has an ideal supporting cast.

On the other hand Toronto isn't significantly better with Leonard than without. Leonard isn't much of a playmaker and sometimes gets into these phases where he's selfish and disrupts the offense. Also Giannis is always a big factor on defense, while Leonard doesn't always give full effort and sometimes he's even a liability on defense (maybe that changes during the playoffs).

No, I think Giannis is by far the best player in the Eastern Conference and his supporting cast (Bledsoe, Hill, Brogdon, Snell, Middleton, Mirotic, Ilyasova, Lopez) is also better and more reliable than Leonard's (Lowry, VanVleet, Lin, Green, Powell, Anunoby, Siakam, Ibaka, Gasol). To me the Bucks are almost on the same level as the Warriors.

We'll see how they are in the playoffs when defenses tighten and refs allow more contact.

There's 82 game players 16 game players I know for a fact Kawhi is a 16 game player hes proven it in the wild wild west and in the finals against prime lebron.

Giannis is great but he hasn't even won a playoff series yet let's see what happens and going from 1st round exit to finals isn't likely.

The fact that Kawhi can miss an entire season and come back dominating the league like nothing happened should scare the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. out of everyone it's not easy to do.

« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2019, 12:30:30 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Indy have a very rough remaining schedule. Philly play Atlanta twice, Chicago twice, Dallas, Minny, Orlando, Brooklyn.

#5 Indy
#4 Boston
#3 Philly

is probably most likely at this stage.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2019, 01:29:05 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Indy have a very rough remaining schedule. Philly play Atlanta twice, Chicago twice, Dallas, Minny, Orlando, Brooklyn.

#5 Indy
#4 Boston
#3 Philly

is probably most likely at this stage.

Philly has beaten Detroit 3 of four times this year so they should feel good about getting them in a match up, but all those games  happened before Detroit started to get cooking. Sine Jan/1st THE PISTONS ARE 13and 4,  and playing as well as they've played all year, Maybe Philly will want to drop back to the pistons who they seem to own.

Nice bracket would be :
1.BUCKS
2. Raps
3.76ers
4. Celtics
5.Indiana
6.Pistons
7. Nets
8. Magic...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 11:32:44 AM by liam »

« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2019, 04:55:22 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Indy then Milwaukee for sure.

« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2019, 11:22:05 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
We've got Philly this Wednesday and then Indy twice in late March and early April.

If we can win all 3 games, that would do wonders for moving up to 3rd.

Even if we can move to 4th, that would be great so we can at least have home court in the 1st round.

« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2019, 12:08:38 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I think the Cs just need to continue to play well and the rest will fall into place. Their bad start and inconsistent play has made HCA very hard at this point. They just need to focus on getting healthy and continuing their recent play. They are also planning on maintenance days for Horofo and Kyrie as well so I’m not sure the Cs really care about the seeding at this point as much as people think.

« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2019, 03:59:28 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
With the Brogdon injury? Indy and then Milwaukee for sure. Raps will be the toughest out. I’m hoping Philly can take them to 7 games in the 2nd round
- LilRip

« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2019, 12:11:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
It's becoming clearer to me that getting the 4 seed with IND first round (w/HCA) then MIL 2nd round is the ideal scenario for us. Brogdon was one of their best perimeter defenders and with him out that creates on opening for opposing teams.

Giannis is the best player currently in the East (and probably league too), but make no mistake, a healthy Kawhi is the guy you DON'T want to face in the PLAYOFFS and probably the best playoff performer in the East. Giannis can be somewhat limited with no jump shot, but Kawhi can score from anywhere and is one of the best defenders in the entire league capable of locking your team's #1 guy. That, and we're like 1-12 in our last 13 games on the road @Toronto. If we play TOR, I'd rather it not be until the ECF.

Indiana won't be an easy first round opponent (they do remind me of our squad last season w/the adversity), but I feel good about a series with them having home court. Detroit and Brooklyn struggled the last few games but Detroit especially has looked red hot in the last month and I don't know if we theoretically match up as favorably against their bigs (Griffin and Drummond).

Either scenario (3 seed or 4 seed) has their risks but the 4 seed might be our favorable path. I think our best chance at reaching the ECF (at least) is us getting the 4 seed, not the 3.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2019, 12:39:12 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
It's becoming clearer to me that getting the 4 seed with IND first round (w/HCA) then MIL 2nd round is the ideal scenario for us. Brogdon was one of their best perimeter defenders and with him out that creates on opening for opposing teams.

Giannis is the best player currently in the East (and probably league too), but make no mistake, a healthy Kawhi is the guy you DON'T want to face in the PLAYOFFS and probably the best playoff performer in the East. Giannis can be somewhat limited with no jump shot, but Kawhi can score from anywhere and is one of the best defenders in the entire league capable of locking your team's #1 guy. That, and we're like 1-12 in our last 13 games on the road @Toronto. If we play TOR, I'd rather it not be until the ECF.

Indiana won't be an easy first round opponent (they do remind me of our squad last season w/the adversity), but I feel good about a series with them having home court. Detroit and Brooklyn struggled the last few games but Detroit especially has looked red hot in the last month and I don't know if we theoretically match up as favorably against their bigs (Griffin and Drummond).

Either scenario (3 seed or 4 seed) has their risks but the 4 seed might be our favorable path. I think our best chance at reaching the ECF (at least) is us getting the 4 seed, not the 3.

I do not disagree. But to play devils advocate there is one guy in the east that leonard cannot effectivly slow down and is the buggest threat offensively of anyone in the east and that is Kyrie

« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2019, 12:44:39 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Getting 3 or 4 is the only important goal. Which one doesn’t matter. Home court advantage in first round does.

« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2019, 01:36:47 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I do not disagree. But to play devils advocate there is one guy in the east that leonard cannot effectivly slow down and is the buggest threat offensively of anyone in the east and that is Kyrie

Fair point, but you can also look at it this way. Between MIL and TOR, who do you think has the player(s) who can do a good job containing Kyrie to the best of their ability. The answer there is clearly Kawhi. And MIL just lost arguably their best perimeter defender (Brogdon) to injury, which has an effect.

« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2019, 01:50:23 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Getting 3 or 4 is the only important goal. Which one doesn’t matter. Home court advantage in first round does.

That’s definitely most important.

I guess one other thing I wonder is whether Philly has a matchup edge against Milwaukee or Toronto. If they could actually take out one of those teams I’d rather play the other and play Philly in the finals. Philly has only played Milwaukee once, fairly early in the season. Maybe Simmons has the length and athleticism to at least bothers Giannis ...

Wait. Who am I kidding. Even if he does they’ll switch him off and Philly’s bench is terrible. They don’t have the shooters in their starting five and Lopez will drag Embiid out to the perimeter. The Bucks or  the Raps will handle the sixers. We have to beat both Toronto and Milwaukee on the road.

« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2019, 03:17:34 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

I guess one other thing I wonder is whether Philly has a matchup edge against Milwaukee or Toronto. If they could actually take out one of those teams I’d rather play the other and play Philly in the finals. Philly has only played Milwaukee once, fairly early in the season. Maybe Simmons has the length and athleticism to at least bothers Giannis ...

Wait. Who am I kidding. Even if he does they’ll switch him off and Philly’s bench is terrible. They don’t have the shooters in their starting five and Lopez will drag Embiid out to the perimeter. The Bucks or  the Raps will handle the sixers. We have to beat both Toronto and Milwaukee on the road.

About to find out in 20 minutes as Sixers play Bucks on ABC today.

« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2019, 04:40:41 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Maybe the Sixers’ key is Butler bottling up Middleton. Especially with Brogdon out, Giannis really needs some help.

« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2019, 04:57:52 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Maybe the Sixers’ key is Butler bottling up Middleton. Especially with Brogdon out, Giannis really needs some help.

Sixers are up by 15+ despite Giannis having 26/10 midway through the 3rd. As I said in another thread (the season one), when Middleton and/or Mirotic struggle shooting, the Bucks don't look as intimidating. And PHI is taking advantage from behind the arc with Brogdon out to injury.