Author Topic: Ignore List  (Read 6812 times)

Ignore List
« on: August 04, 2017, 05:16:48 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Do we have an ignore list function any more? If so, where is it located (maybe a screenshot)? Because I've looked all over the menu system & profile and it doesn't seem to be available any more.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

Re: Ignore List
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 05:18:28 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Do we have an ignore list function any more? If so, where is it located (maybe a screenshot)? Because I've looked all over the menu system & profile and it doesn't seem to be available any more.

It's gone.

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 05:19:41 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Well...#$#!.

That's a feature that needs to come back. Thanks for the info.

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 05:25:42 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
calling all mods, calling all mods!!!!!!

can you help us out with this? i know the ignore function used to exist. please restore it.

thanks!
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 05:29:22 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

It's gone.

I wonder if people who used it before are grandfathered in with the function.

I never used it, so don't know much about it.

I know some posts can be annoying (I'm mea culpa'ing here), but I try to read as much of a thread that I am interested in as I can...never know what I might pick up. (Yeah, I know, some wasted time too.) 

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 05:34:23 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
calling all mods, calling all mods!!!!!!

can you help us out with this? i know the ignore function used to exist. please restore it.

thanks!

Its gone by design is my understanding.

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 05:35:32 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

It's gone.

I wonder if people who used it before are grandfathered in with the function.

I never used it, so don't know much about it.

I know some posts can be annoying (I'm mea culpa'ing here), but I try to read as much of a thread that I am interested in as I can...never know what I might pick up. (Yeah, I know, some wasted time too.)

Nope, I can now see the people who were on my ignore list.  If someone annoys you, your own willpower is your ignore list.

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 06:04:13 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I don't really understand why someone would need the ignore function.. if someone is so bad, at that level, if a bunch of people point it out to them they generally simmer down. I also have seen less crazy stuff on this board lately.

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 06:14:34 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don't really understand why someone would need the ignore function.. if someone is so bad, at that level, if a bunch of people point it out to them they generally simmer down. I also have seen less crazy stuff on this board lately.

I guess it is part of the safe space mentality.  Hide people who irritate you, etc.

I didn't and don't think Granath is that kind of guy because he is pretty articulate in his arguments.

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 07:09:34 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I've only ever blocked one person, and it was the type of person who didn't simmer down. And constantly posted 3 or 4 times in a row without adding much.

Not to name names, but they stopped posting here a little while ago, so the ignore list doesn't really matter to me anymore (and no, I don't mean LarBrd)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 08:29:23 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I've only ever blocked one person, and it was the type of person who didn't simmer down. And constantly posted 3 or 4 times in a row without adding much.

Not to name names, but they stopped posting here a little while ago, so the ignore list doesn't really matter to me anymore (and no, I don't mean LarBrd)

Posters would have been doing a disservice to themselves if they had used the ignore function for LarBrd - even though he actively encouraged it. I'm hoping he will make his way out of the woodwork again at some point soon. He has recently been caught as a lurker.

There have definitely been some real winners on this board through the years, but they usually don't last long. It is interesting to click on the profile of those few posters (after you notice a trend) and read through their posts. The vast majority of responses are often short, snarky, narcissistic, and lack any kind-of content. I have never used the ignore list myself - I imagine I only would if I were being actively 'bullied' or something.

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 09:02:30 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

I've blocked two.  One of them got me into a battle of ad hominems which earned me a warning from a mod.  The other was sending me down the same path, so I ignored him to, sparing my lesser natures.  One is gone from the board, while the other is still around, although I think the extended cooling off period I gave myself has done the trick.

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 09:03:10 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Posters would have been doing a disservice to themselves if they had used the ignore function for LarBrd - even though he actively encouraged it. I'm hoping he will make his way out of the woodwork again at some point soon. He has recently been caught as a lurker.

There have definitely been some real winners on this board through the years, but they usually don't last long. It is interesting to click on the profile of those few posters (after you notice a trend) and read through their posts. The vast majority of responses are often short, snarky, narcissistic, and lack any kind-of content. I have never used the ignore list myself - I imagine I only would if I were being actively 'bullied' or something.
Well, that is an individual decision as to what and who warrant being ignored. I only used it once but my experience here at cb immediately improved. It was much pleasanter for me.

I do not see why the function was eliminated.

Perhaps someone who knows better than me could create a thread with a poll, just to bring this to the attention of the silent but god-like mods.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 11:25:34 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

I guess it is part of the safe space mentality.  Hide people who irritate you, etc.

I didn't and don't think Granath is that kind of guy because he is pretty articulate in his arguments.

Exactly the opposite. I'd like to put a couple of morons on ignore so this space is safer for them. :)

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2018, 09:08:33 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Is this still not an option?  I'm repeatedly baited by specific posters and, heaven forbid I retaliate after receiving months of insults, I'll be banned again.  I'd like to avoid that.

Mods, can we please consider reincorporating this option? I think it would go a long way towards avoiding future conflicts.  And while I'm not pointing fingers, it is extremely frustrating to see forum rules enforced very inconsistently, especially when it is not in your favor.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC