Author Topic: 2013 CB Historical Draft: Interest Thread, Rules(page 2), We Need Panelists  (Read 29507 times)

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Does anyone of the other GMs have a problem with Moranis having the KC Kings? He's not asking for the Celtics or anything. I don't, but I would prefer not to have a raft of requests for teams if we give him the Kings.

BTW, once the lottery is over, happy trading but know, you can send the trades in but nothing gets approved or published until Monday morning and do not make a trade and then try to trade something you are receiving. I don't want this to get too confusing or massively complex.

Also, for people new to this particular draft, a little advice. Everyone is going to get two Hall of Famers and probably one franchise player. A non-former All-Star probably won't be picked until the 5th or 6th round. Unless you have very specific desires for players on your team, everyone is getting high quality starting players on their teams, so I am not sure how much trading helps in this draft, though trading could seriously hurt you. Again, just a little advice.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Also, for people new to this particular draft, a little advice. Everyone is going to get two Hall of Famers and probably one franchise player. A non-former All-Star probably won't be picked until the 5th or 6th round. Unless you have very specific desires for players on your team, everyone is getting high quality starting players on their teams, so I am not sure how much trading helps in this draft, though trading could seriously hurt you. Again, just a little advice.
I agree.  Most of the trades happen in the middle of the draft where you find someone is still on the board that would fit with your team or where you see people with a wealth of bigs swapping one for a guard.  I actually can't recall a trade occurring in the first 3 rounds for draft picks i.e. before the players are picked.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
And Nick, I am fine with whatever team I get.  I don't want to cause any issues so just go ahead and randomize me.  I could also try to swap team names with someone else if I want.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
When will know what picks we have and im fine with Moranis gettingg Kansas

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
When will know what picks we have and im fine with Moranis gettingg Kansas
Around 7:00 PM tonight.

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I was sort of hoping KC would get KC to prevent confusion. 

But I guess this way, we get to see KC look like he is talking about himself in the third person. 

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Being allowed to use any Dave Cowens year is a nice bonus. 
Yup

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Being allowed to use any Dave Cowens year is a nice bonus.
I think that's true for a lot of players.

There were a couple of HOFers, let's keep the mentioning of names to a minimum until they have been picked or unless we are in a PM, that I had no clue were still playing in 1982-83. There's also some All-Star type that fall into that category as well. With the snake format, I think it will lead to a fairly even distribution of talent with people drafting 12 and 13 being able to put together as good a duo as people drafting 1 and 24.